Chris Brown officially hired as full time Radio PBP Broadcaster for the Bills

34 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Slight upgrade from Murph. Would prefer Sal or an outside hore but Brown is a process trusting company guy so this is unsurprising. 

You can't possibly want Sal Capaccio as our PBP announcer.  

Murph was "meh"

Brown is worse (but with more enthusiasm)

Sal would be downright unlistenable

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Murph was "meh"

I agree with this.  Even Sal would probably laugh if someone suggested he take that job.

Murphy I thought was pretty bad.  I didn't like how he would repeat things 3-4 times, and he skimped on giving details (down, distance, how far a pass travels, etc).  Touchdown!  Its a touchdown!  Touchdown Buffalo! and the Bills score.  

I like John Murphy as a person and professional though, and watch games in person or on TV 99% of the time, so I really didnt mind him.

4 hours ago, Roundybout said:

I don’t get why this franchise is incapable of making good business decisions.

Chris Brown was fine at first, but he has a horrible tendency to SCREAM AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS FOR NO REAL REASON. I also cringe whenever he yells “RIDE EM COWBOY” when Ed Oliver sacks the QB. This is a “safe” pick. 

We don’t do cool alt uniforms, we don’t really have a strong social media platform like the Chargers do, we have bland announcers, it just feels like Pegula is not really willing to try anything different. 

100% agree!

Bills could do so much more especially with alt helmets and uniforms. Fan base would love it! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brand J said:

I wonder if they had an audition (probably not). You’d have to think there’s someone out there, hopefully who’s already a Bills fan, that has a great speaking voice and could’ve grown on the job to become something special. But I guess when you’ve already got a guy in that network who has done it, there’s no impetus for change. 

Wolf Blitzer would bring an interesting slant.

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Pegula is making money hand over fist, so it appears his business acumen is just fine, 😁👍

making money in the NFL requires little business acumen...it's a guaranteed income/profit

4 hours ago, Brand J said:

I wonder if they had an audition (probably not). You’d have to think there’s someone out there, hopefully who’s already a Bills fan, that has a great speaking voice and could’ve grown on the job to become something special. But I guess when you’ve already got a guy in that network who has done it, there’s no impetus for change. 

According to One Bills Live just now, they had over 200 applicants and did conduct interviews and evaluations.  I think it was a matter of loyalty to a local guy.  A lot of folks like him on play-by-play.  Personally, I agree that he screams too much into the microphone and tries too hard with "catchy phrases."

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

According to One Bills Live just now, they had over 200 applicants and did conduct interviews and evaluations.  I think it was a matter of loyalty to a local guy.  A lot of folks like him on play-by-play.  Personally, I agree that he screams too much into the microphone and tries too hard with "catchy phrases."

I mean Little Joey in his Mom's basement announcing into his closed fist while watching games doesn't qualify him for the job...probably 80% of the applicants were like that.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

I like Chris Brown, but not really as a play by play guy. Unfortunately, it's pretty obvious he got the job out of organizational loyalty to him and tenure rather than actual talent. And honestly, that's why John Murphy got the job before him, although Murphy had a better voice, at least.

That being said, most local play by play guys around the league suck. Let's be honest. There are a few exceptions, but the national ones are always better, and even then, some of them suck. It's kind of a lost art.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

I like Chris Brown, but not really as a play by play guy. Unfortunately, it's pretty obvious he got the job out of organizational loyalty to him and tenure rather than actual talent. And honestly, that's why John Murphy got the job before him, although Murphy had a better voice, at least.

That being said, most local play by play guys around the league suck. Let's be honest. There are a few exceptions, but the national ones are always better, and even then, some of them suck. It's kind of a lost art.

Murphy at least was a Sports Anchor on Channel 7 for a long time.

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Murphy at least was a Sports Anchor on Channel 7 for a long time.

Yes, Murphy was at least very experienced.

1 hour ago, mushypeaches said:

Murph was "meh"

At least he has some personality. Who is your choice?

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Not at all, I’m one of the last McD defenders on this board hahaha. Just frustrated at Pegula’s tenure. It just feels very bland, like he’s opposed to anything different. The last big change I remember was when we swapped to white face masks permanently. 

the last big change i remember and love is going from not being in a play off for 17 years and now being in the play offs every season & winning the division for the last 4 i'd say that pretty huge and it's all because of the decisions that the Pegs have made . Plus they have input but don't over ride the GM & the coach .

Plus they stick with their coach and went with w unproven one which was a pretty big chance unlike Ralph god rest his sole who never stuck with the coaches that were winners like Knox & Phillips, and then was trying to be a coach himself instead of letting those he hired do their job . 

So IMHO that is one heck of a lot of change since the Pegs took ownership if that is bland give me as much of it as i can get !! 

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I've listened to plenty and it sucked for 90% of it.

So i re read this and was wondering - Who would you suggest that would be so much better than Browny ?

And if you think Browny sucks that bad man when Murph's voice use to squeak when he got excited you must have lost your freakin mind and not been a fan at all of his then correct ??? 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

making money in the NFL requires little business acumen...it's a guaranteed income/profit

If I’m not mistaken Terry’s business acumen netted him several billion dollars…, so that he could make said money hand over fist…,  you might reassess your no skill statement 😁👍

1 hour ago, T master said:

the last big change i remember and love is going from not being in a play off for 17 years and now being in the play offs every season & winning the division for the last 4 i'd say that pretty huge and it's all because of the decisions that the Pegs have made . Plus they have input but don't over ride the GM & the coach .

Plus they stick with their coach and went with w unproven one which was a pretty big chance unlike Ralph god rest his sole who never stuck with the coaches that were winners like Knox & Phillips, and then was trying to be a coach himself instead of letting those he hired do their job . 

So IMHO that is one heck of a lot of change since the Pegs took ownership if that is bland give me as much of it as i can get !! 

So i re read this and was wondering - Who would you suggest that would be so much better than Browny ?

And if you think Browny sucks that bad man when Murph's voice use to squeak when he got excited you must have lost your freakin mind and not been a fan at all of his then correct ??? 

Someone like Kevin Harlan...best in the business

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

So much whining and crying as always

More like just telling the truth.  

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

If I’m not mistaken Terry’s business acumen netted him several billion dollars…, so that he could make said money hand over fist…,  you might reassess your no skill statement 😁👍

well they say it takes money to make money.  the point was making money hand over fist in the NFL is the default position.  a frozen cabbage could do so.