Chris Brown officially hired as full time Radio PBP Broadcaster for the Bills

20 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

This is very disappointing.  There has to be a better option out there.  This is one of just 32 NFL team play by play jobs and there should be a ton of talent vying for the job.  I like Chris as part of the various Bills shows, but he is average at best at play by play.

Are there other options? Dozens. Would any of then please this fanbase? No. It's called "following a legend" syndrome.

7 minutes ago, T master said:

That's called enthusiasm !!! Well i here the Chargers are in need of some fans, just saying ! It seems to me pretty apparent that if you see that much wrong with the Bills from ownership on down you might need to make a change ...

Let me guess you also were one of the Fire McD guys too right ?? Just wondering ...

That's why they put a off switch and a dial to change the station on the radio maybe you can try that it's just a suggestion .

Van Miller and RJ had enthusiasm.   Raising your voice is good, CB literally screams which is not just enthusiasm

Surely this was after an extensive search of well qualified candidates. It's the Pegula way.

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Are there other options? Dozens. Would any of then please this fanbase? No. It's called "following a legend" syndrome.

CB is just simply bad. It has nothing to do with who he's replacing.

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'm guessing you love Dunleavy with the Sabres as well.

Never heard him Sorry ...

15 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Van Miller and RJ had enthusiasm.   Raising your voice is good, CB literally screams which is not just enthusiasm

Okay den .

43 minutes ago, T master said:

That's called enthusiasm !!! Well i here the Chargers are in need of some fans, just saying ! It seems to me pretty apparent that if you see that much wrong with the Bills from ownership on down you might need to make a change ...

chargers hate smack at TBD? I mean that franchise deserves every bit of snark we can muster over that entire move from San Diego up the I-5 freeway Spanos money grab. lets just be real about that

But the rest of your post to me fell flat. Chris Brown was an in house known quantity. He's a "Safe" choice imo. Maybe he will listen to his critics and improve. I don't listen to Bills on the radio so it affects me less then it will some people

Edited by muppy
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I don’t get why this franchise is incapable of making good business decisions.

Chris Brown was fine at first, but he has a horrible tendency to SCREAM AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS FOR NO REAL REASON. I also cringe whenever he yells “RIDE EM COWBOY” when Ed Oliver sacks the QB. This is a “safe” pick. 

We don’t do cool alt uniforms, we don’t really have a strong social media platform like the Chargers do, we have bland announcers, it just feels like Pegula is not really willing to try anything different. 

I agree about the screeching. It drives me out of the room.

He's okay as an interviewer and commentator, but absolutely not what you want in a play-by-play man. 

1 minute ago, Dr. K said:

I agree about the screeching. It drives me out of the room.

He's okay as an interviewer and commentator, but absolutely not what you want in a play-by-play man. 

Yeah on One Bills Live he is fine, or even talking on Sports Radio with Dope and the Lapdog. As a PBP?  Yikes...no thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, muppy said:

chargers hate smack at TBD? I mean that franchise deserves every bit of snark we can muster over that entire move from San Diego up the I-5 freeway Spanos money grab. lets just be real about that

But the rest of your post to me fell flat. Chris Brown was an in house known quantity who I am sure they felt was the best candidate. He's a "Safe" choice imo

Chargers had no support from the fans or city in San Diego. Qualcomm was a shithole and most “fans” couldn't tell when kickoff was or who they were playing.

Edited by uticaclub

Just now, uticaclub said:

Chargers had no support from the fans or city in San Diego. Qualcomm was a shithole and most “fans” couldn't tell when kickoff was or who they were playing.

I watched the situation with mostly detached indifference. I'm a BILLS fan and the Chargers were competition in the division. But I knew a lot of Charger fans who burned their fan gear and were done with the team after ALL was said and done. For those people I had empathy. it could have happened to US ya know?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Disappointed in this decision.  There is radio PBP talent out there, but this smacks of an in-house budget move.  Let's hope that Brownie gets some feedback to tone it TF down, otherwise I might have to actually listen to the TV broadcasters.

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Disappointed in this decision.  There is radio PBP talent out there, but this smacks of an in-house budget move.  Let's hope that Brownie gets some feedback to tone it TF down, otherwise I might have to actually listen to the TV broadcasters.

Honestly John Murphy wasn’t great either once he started screeching ‘touchdown!’

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Jukester said:

Not a good decision. Typical of how this ownership operates. 

Yeah, they should do better.  Brown is OK as a fill-in, but not a permanent PbP guy.  He sounds like a DIII College pbp guy.  

Dunleavy for the Sabres is actually pretty good.  he has a few deficiencies that get under my skin (some annoying nicknames and calling players by their first name only at times).  Overall, he has a good voice for hockey and has a good cadence.  

I remember when the Pegula outfit was grooming Kevyn Sylvester for the next Sabres pbp guy.  Oooooof.  Things could be so much worse.  Luckily the Sabres had Ted Black as president at the time, who would reach out to fans.  They did a survey on their media, and learned that hatred of Sylvester was pretty much unanimous.  

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, T master said:

Let me guess you also were one of the Fire McD guys too right ?? Just wondering ...

That's why they put a off switch and a dial to change the station on the radio maybe you can try that it's just a suggestion .

Not at all, I’m one of the last McD defenders on this board hahaha. Just frustrated at Pegula’s tenure. It just feels very bland, like he’s opposed to anything different. The last big change I remember was when we swapped to white face masks permanently. 

3 hours ago, Roundybout said:

I don’t get why this franchise is incapable of making good business decisions.

Chris Brown was fine at first, but he has a horrible tendency to SCREAM AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS FOR NO REAL REASON. I also cringe whenever he yells “RIDE EM COWBOY” when Ed Oliver sacks the QB. This is a “safe” pick. 

We don’t do cool alt uniforms, we don’t really have a strong social media platform like the Chargers do, we have bland announcers, it just feels like Pegula is not really willing to try anything different. 

The Bills have a pretty active and high quality social media presence for a sports team, imo.