Chris Brown officially hired as full time Radio PBP Broadcaster for the Bills

Meh...

Probably have the worst combo in all of pro sports now with Brown and Dunleavy after having the best with Van Miller and RJ for so long...how far we have fallen...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 8

• Big Turk changed the title to Chris Brown officially hired as full time Radio PBP Broadcaster for the Bills

I don’t get why this franchise is incapable of making good business decisions.

Chris Brown was fine at first, but he has a horrible tendency to SCREAM AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS FOR NO REAL REASON. I also cringe whenever he yells “RIDE EM COWBOY” when Ed Oliver sacks the QB. This is a “safe” pick. 

We don’t do cool alt uniforms, we don’t really have a strong social media platform like the Chargers do, we have bland announcers, it just feels like Pegula is not really willing to try anything different. 

Edited by Roundybout
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

This is very disappointing.  There has to be a better option out there.  This is one of just 32 NFL team play by play jobs and there should be a ton of talent vying for the job.  I like Chris as part of the various Bills shows, but he is average at best at play by play.

You’re missing the big picture, or what was tops on the bills list of priorities, he’s a homer. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wonder if they had an audition (probably not). You’d have to think there’s someone out there, hopefully who’s already a Bills fan, that has a great speaking voice and could’ve grown on the job to become something special. But I guess when you’ve already got a guy in that network who has done it, there’s no impetus for change. 

• Agree 1

So disappointing. Had to listen to a few games on the radio last season. There were way too many times when it was hard to understand what the result of a play was -- he would immediately analyze it rather than simply describe what happened. Guess we're stuck with him now, have to hope he gets better. 

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Chris Brown was fine at first, but he has a horrible tendency to SCREAM AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS FOR NO REAL REASON. I also cringe whenever he yells “RIDE EM COWBOY” when Ed Oliver sacks the QB. This is a “safe” pick. 

We don’t do cool alt uniforms, we don’t really have a strong social media platform like the Chargers do, we have bland announcers, it just feels like Pegula is not really willing to try anything different. 

Did you just wake up from a Ralphie Boy nap?  It's been this way since they begrudgingly bought the team.

GIven his enthusiasm that i have heard in the broadcast since Browny took over it will be a definite step up & much closer to Van type game calling than Murph IMHO . Murph was very knowledgable but i just couldn't get into his groove, some are just more gifted in that respect . It's like the difference between Boomer on ESPN and some of the new people there . Just no the same .

Browny has & will bring much more excitement to the radio broadcast & if E. Woods stays on as his color guy will be a huge step up for Bills radio !! 

I don't get the MEH or your opinion of it being the worst in sports radio in your post that's for sure ??? I don't believe you have listened to any of his calls last season because it was a ton better ... And i believe the over all thought would be the same if Bills fans were asked .

Are you a McD hater too ? Just asking .

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, T master said:

GIven his enthusiasm that i have heard in the broadcast since Browny took over it will be a definite step up & much closer to Van type game calling than Murph IMHO . Murph was very knowledgable but i just couldn't get into his groove, some are just more gifted in that respect . It's like the difference between Boomer on ESPN and some of the new people there . Just no the same .

Browny has & will bring much more excitement to the radio broadcast & if E. Woods stays on as his color guy will be a huge step up for Bills radio !! 

I don't get the MEH or your opinion of it being the worst in sports radio in your post that's for sure ??? I don't believe you have listened to any of his calls last season because it was a ton better ... And i believe the over all thought would be the same if Bills fans were asked .

Are you a McD hater too ? Just asking .

I've listened to plenty and it sucked for 90% of it.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

That's called enthusiasm !!! Well i here the Chargers are in need of some fans, just saying ! It seems to me pretty apparent that if you see that much wrong with the Bills from ownership on down you might need to make a change ...

Let me guess you also were one of the Fire McD guys too right ?? Just wondering ...

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I've listened to plenty and it sucked for 90% of it.

That's why they put a off switch and a dial to change the station on the radio maybe you can try that it's just a suggestion .

12 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Pegula is making money hand over fist, so it appears his business acumen is just fine, 😁👍

5 minutes ago, T master said:

That's called enthusiasm !!! Well i here the Chargers are in need of some fans, just saying ! It seems to me pretty apparent that if you see that much wrong with the Bills from ownership on down you might need to make a change ...

Let me guess you also were one of the Fire McD guys too right ?? Just wondering ...

That's why they put a off switch and a dial to change the station on the radio maybe you can try that it's just a suggestion .

I'm guessing you love Dunleavy with the Sabres as well.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The screaming sucks, along with his stupid phrases.  This is a terrible choice.

• Like (+1) 1