Someone tried blackmailing me on my phone

1 hour ago, Punching Bag said:

After I blocked first number (never replied or answered phone) I got a text from a different number.

This number has been blocked as well.  I have no idea what he is talking about.

I guess some in thread find this funny but I don't.

I got a second set of text messages last night.  Clearly English is not his first language.

It refers to previous texts which I barely saw since I was trying to use cell phone when navigating and blocked sender.

All typos left in (note that they use "Mr". not name so they have no idea who they are sending it to):

• Mr. this is Ralph I am commander and Hitman of the service, I was given your information due too an amount your was supposed to pay to the main owner.  Since you was not able to resolver wit the Representative Tony then we have will solve this now with my guys.  You family members are being track right now and ir would be sad if your family member have to pay for your bullsh!t.

I checked both numbers and they are connected to a scam pretending to be part of a charity which charity claims they have nothing to do with.  I'd list it but I do not want it showing up in search results.

The message continues with a video with some hoodlum type guys showing guns they have, a picture of guy on ground with blood splattered and then a close up of him with hole in head size of axe blade.  It looks like CGI to me and most would not be stupid enough to record on video actual killing.  There is some writing on paper on ground which I believe is Spanish ".PLES PARA BUJIAS" meaning ".PLES FOR SPARK PLUGS".  Pictures are too gross to post.

Second part of text message:

• right now my men are on the way to your address with the order to cut off the heads of you and your family,  you  deside pay or die

I have received threatening emails from people in past which when domain owner contacted told that mail headers were forged. 

Talked to a friend and he said these are probably virtual numbers.

I have no idea what he wants since I deleted "Tonys' text messages as they were coming in and terminated phone calls as well.

I don’t think I even want to read your thread anymore……..   😋

• Like (+1) 1

What happened to punching bag sucks but I am on the other end of  blocked call spectrum. I work summer school this year and school gives me a phone number through a service called Dialpad, so I could be available at home. Apparently because I contacted over 100 kids my first few days I was put on a spam calling list going out. I would try to contact kids and if they had a "spam" filter I did not get through.

20 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Little known fact. You know all those random text message you get?

"we need to catch up, it's been awhile"

" are we still on for later"

etc.

They're building cold calling lists. When you respond they know you have an active mobile number. Never respond to these even if it's to screw with them. 

I got one of these the other day asking how I was doing and saying that we hadn't talked in quite awhile - I immediately knew it was a scam.

I really wanted to respond with "I'm doing terrible - I have ebola and I'm wanted for murder in 4 states" but I knew they were fishing for activity and wouldn't care what was in my answer, just that they got an answer.

• Agree 1

I have no desire to communicate.  After first one who tried to flood my phone and second which threatened a Jihad on me a third one texts who claims to be owner wants to talk about the "problem".    So it is okay for his people to threaten me and then expect me to talk?  Another person blocked if not same person.