Boomer Esiason speculating Devonte Adams will be traded.

Gregg

15 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The last 2 years Josh Allen has played some of his worst games vs the Jets. The Jets were one of the worst defenses in the league 3 years ago. 

I said they slow down Allen. If you can’t view the Bills and Allen with an open mind then why bother answering? The Jets give Allen trouble.

I'll go further and say the Jets have been built specifically to slow down Allen.  That's a very logical thing to do.  The biggest gamble they've made is pinning their offense's hopes on Rodgers.  Even if he's fully recovered from his Achilles injury he's still up against aging.  His play was deteriorating in his last couple of years in Green Bay, and of course we never got a chance to see how he'll do in New Jersey.  I'm thinking he'll try to keep doing what he used to do, and it won't work.  He could turn out to be the third best QB in the AFCE, in other words the second-worst.  

Lots of posters in this thread just assuming the Jets passing offense will be excellent as is. Why is the Jets offense so scary to many? Who is behind G. Wilson (especially at the start of the season) to provide high end secondary WR options? I get that they present some explosiveness in the rushing game. But passing? Not much danger there imho. 

They will be a REALLY tough out for the Bills again in 2024, I'll bet, but I don't see a dynamic array of receiving weapons beyond Wilson and Hall. Williams is still recovering, isn't he? And behind that, who is there? The rookie, Corley, right? Who else?

They're stronger than the Bills at the very top of their WR room, for sure, which matters, for sure...but their depth is similar to or worse than Buffalo's (unless I'm just overlooking some glaringly obvious complimentary WR outside an injured Williams and a rookie Corley).

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Lots of posters in this thread just assuming the Jets passing offense will be excellent as is. Why is the Jets offense so scary to many? Who is behind G. Wilson (especially at the start of the season) to provide high end secondary WR options? I get that they present some explosiveness in the rushing game. But passing? Not much danger there imho. 

They will be a REALLY tough out for the Bills again in 2024, I'll bet, but I don't see a dynamic array of receiving weapons beyond Wilson and Hall. Williams is still recovering, isn't he? And behind that, who is there? The rookie, Corley, right? Who else?

They're stronger than the Bills at the very top of their WR room, for sure, which matters, for sure...but their depth is similar to or worse than Buffalo's (unless I'm just overlooking some glaringly obvious complimentary WR outside an injured Williams and a rookie Corley).

Garrett Wilson may actually be elite. 

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Wilson is a WR1 and that's all you need...

I am in the camp where I am optimistic about our offensive group as a whole between WR, TE, and RB's around Allen.  I am high on Kincaid and Shakir, and I like Keon's potential and think Brady is going to do well as his first full year as our OC.  

That being said, if there was a move for WR to be made by Beane, Davante makes a lot more sense to me than Aiyuk.  My wife and I are watching "Receiver" on Netflix, and it is crystal clear that Davante knows his window to get a ring is shortening and that seems to be his highest priority.  

Poll every NFL GM, Coach, and Player in the NFL and Davante is still either 1 or 2 on almost every one of their best WR in the NFL lists.  

I do not anticipate a trade happening for any WR right now for Buffalo, at least not until Beane and the coaches see this group with pads on in Camp and Practices.  Even then I think it is a low probability they would make a move given they know with all the youth and new pieces they need some patience with the group.  Especially with our draft capital next year and cap space to make some big moves then.

BUT...if we were to make a trade, I think Davante makes much more sense than Aiyuk because he would cost less to acquire and pay and is still the better player.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am in the camp where I am optimistic about our offensive group as a whole between WR, TE, and RB's around Allen.  I am high on Kincaid and Shakir, and I like Keon's potential and think Brady is going to do well as his first full year as our OC.  

That being said, if there was a move for WR to be made by Beane, Davante makes a lot more sense to me than Aiyuk.  My wife and I are watching "Receiver" on Netflix, and it is crystal clear that Davante knows his window to get a ring is shortening and that seems to be his highest priority.  

Poll every NFL GM, Coach, and Player in the NFL and Davante is still either 1 or 2 on almost every one of their best WR in the NFL lists.  

I do not anticipate a trade happening for any WR right now for Buffalo, at least not until Beane and the coaches see this group with pads on in Camp and Practices.  Even then I think it is a low probability they would make a move given they know with all the youth and new pieces they need some patience with the group.  Especially with our draft capital next year and cap space to make some big moves then.

BUT...if we were to make a trade, I think Davante makes much more sense than Aiyuk because he would cost less to acquire and pay and is still the better player.

I was at the same point, thru episode 2 and had the same thoughts.  After episode 3 and starting episode 4 the enthusiasm has gone down dramatically.  D Adams would want targets, that championship angle really waned when times got tough..  Not the type of distributing to the open man guy.

I'd much rather have Metcalf now (although I know he's not available now).  Would like DHop over the two (Adams + Aiyuk) too.

On 7/16/2024 at 11:13 AM, Logic said:

In the last full season Aaron Rodgers played, he finished 26th in QBR and 21st in EPA. He then proceeded to miss a full season, and is now returning from a torn Achilles at age 40 and during a time where his mind seems to be lots of places other than football.

I'm not entirely convinced that he'll be the Aaron Rodgers of old.

Granted, the Jets have a good enough roster that even if Aaron plays at his 2022 level, they'll still very possibly win enough games to make the playoffs. But as far as "clear favorites to win the division"...I don't buy it. 

Don't forget everyone said he had no weapons in GB (including himself) then a year later they are considered a great WR group with Love

15 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I was at the same point, thru episode 2 and had the same thoughts.  After episode 3 and starting episode 4 the enthusiasm has gone down dramatically.  D Adams would want targets, that championship angle really waned when times got tough..  Not the type of distributing to the open man guy.

I'd much rather have Metcalf now (although I know he's not available now).  Would like DHop over the two (Adams + Aiyuk) too.

I agree - Adams seems like a Diggs complainer on roids. It's not asbout the team, it's about my greatness. wtf?? Diva.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

I agree - Adams seems like a Diggs complainer on roids. It's not asbout the team, it's about my greatness. wtf?? Diva.

Agree with all of this DK and Dhop would bring physicality but I just dont think that at this point Beane is looking to do this.. I think he wants to see what he's got. He let a lot of folks go to save salary and put us in a better position and I think he is gonna want to see it play out... at minimum to the trade deadline... but hey ya never know

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/21/2024 at 5:19 AM, Pete said:

I’ve watched a couple episodes of Receiver.  Deebo and Kittle have Bills DNA, and are likeable.  I don’t feel the same about Adams and Amon Brown

What does this mystical term actually mean?  Can anyone give me a reasonable definition?  

Blue, Red and White DNA Strands?
Playoff Failures?

Choir Boys?

Lunch Pail Effort with little talent?

What? 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

His cap hit is $25M this year, then increases to $44M/yr (!!!!) the next two years.

The Jets don’t have the money this year and definitely don’t have it next two years to do this. They overspent.

40 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

What does this mystical term actually mean?  Can anyone give me a reasonable definition?  

Blue, Red and White DNA Strands?
Playoff Failures?

Choir Boys?

Lunch Pail Effort with little talent?

What? 

Beane and McDermott use the term all the time.

They've used it when referring to guys like Josh Allen and Micah Hyde. 

So if I was to guess, based on who McDermott and Beane are as people and on the two examples listed above, I'd say "Bills DNA" means: leadership qualities, tenacity, mental toughness, intelligence, high moral character, selflessness, teamwork, a willingness to put the greater good of the team ahead of one's own glory, a relentless will to improve, and perseverance in the face of adversity.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

His cap hit is $25M this year, then increases to $44M/yr (!!!!) the next two years.

The Jets don’t have the money this year and definitely don’t have it next two years to do this. They overspent.

No one is paying those $44M prices, that is just the way his contract with the Raiders was structured.  That is why there are so many rumors about trading Adams.  If the Raiders don't move D Adams now then after this season they will get nothing for him.

A team that trades for D Adams would give him a new contract that would include a signing bonus and guaranteed money.  But I agree in that I don't see how the Jets could do it, they already have pre-spent into the future with several deals, most notably Rodgers.

On 7/17/2024 at 1:12 AM, Richard Noggin said:

Because they had a good O line and this past offseason they cemented it to be what looks like a top 3 line in the NFL. They picked up 3 new tackles, two will start. Their O line is damn good. Their running game is damn good. Wilson and Williams are good WR's. So, if Rogers is healthy - look TheF out! I hate them Jets but honestly, they are the competition this year for the division and potentially the Bowl. Their D... dude... it's good.

1 minute ago, Dillenger4 said:

Because they had a good O line and this past offseason they cemented it to be what looks like a top 3 line in the NFL. They picked up 3 new tackles, two will start. Their O line is damn good. Their running game is damn good. Wilson and Williams are good WR's. So, if Rogers is healthy - look TheF out! I hate them Jets but honestly, they are the competition this year for the division and potentially the Bowl. Their D... dude... it's good.

Jets gonna jet though... 

Here's why it could fail - 

• NATE HACKETT IS THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR
  • Rodgers does diva things or gets injured
  • Stud left tackle has missed time in every season since 2015 and is 34... misses time
  • New right tackle is 33 years old.  Not everyone at the position ages gracefully.  
  • New LG was on a practice squad as of 2023 and doesn't meet expectations on his new deal.  
  • Vera-tucker injury risk, coming off an achilles last year and a torn tricep the year prior.
  • Depth behind Williams (30 years old coming off ACL injury) and Wilson is poor.
  • Will McDonald doesn't become the pass rusher that they need.  
  • Reddick struggles on a defense that doesn't blitz
  • Hall doesn't live up to his considerable hype