Boomer Esiason speculating Devonte Adams will be traded.

Gregg

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If, and itā€™s a big if Rodgers stays healthy the Jets already have the best roster in the AFC East. They are the clear favorites to win the AFC EastĀ 

Rogers wasn't that good his last year in Green Bay. Even if he is healthy, he isn't the same QB he used to be. Plus, he gets wackier by the day.

Ā 

I'm a Rogers doubter, personally. I want to see him actually perform like he used to before I anoint the Jets as a real contender.

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont understand why the Raiders would do this.Ā  They are already top five in cap space for this coming season.Ā  Ā 

Ā 

The Jets have less cap space than the Bills so this wouldnt make sense for them either.Ā  Ā 

Ā 

I suppose the Raiders and 49ers could do a deal where Aiyuk is sent to the Raiders for Adams?Ā  Ā Raiders could then give Aiyuk the long term deal he wants.Ā 

Ā 

I just dont see how trading him now makes much sense.Ā 

The Raiders would move Adams to get draft capital.Ā  They realize their QB situation is dreadful.Ā  D Adams will be a FA at the end of the year so if they don't trade him now they get nothing for him.Ā Ā 

Ā 

IMO the Bills make more sense than the Jets.Ā  The Jets already have M Williams and G Wilson.Ā  Plus the Jets are going to be paying the price for A Rodgers big contract in the future.Ā  The Bills have 2 seconds, if they float one of them out there it should be enough to get it done.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Rogers wasn't that good his last year in Green Bay. Even if he is healthy, he isn't the same QB he used to be. Plus, he gets wackier by the day.

Ā 

I'm a Rogers doubter, personally. I want to see him actually perform like he used to before I anoint the Jets as a real contender.

Wasnā€™t that good? MVP good? No he wasnā€™t. He was good though.

Ā 

We could see a similar season from Allen, thereā€™s a lot of similarities between the 2022 Packers and the 2024 Bills.Ā 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

7 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Makes sense if you are the Raiders.Ā  They have worst QB situation in the league.

Dang it. They could have swapped Zach Wilson for Adams straight up.Ā 

29 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

The Raiders would move Adams to get draft capital.Ā  They realize their QB situation is dreadful.Ā  D Adams will be a FA at the end of the year so if they don't trade him now they get nothing for him.Ā Ā 

Ā 

IMO the Bills make more sense than the Jets.Ā  The Jets already have M Williams and G Wilson.Ā  Plus the Jets are going to be paying the price for A Rodgers big contract in the future.Ā  The Bills have 2 seconds, if they float one of them out there it should be enough to get it done.

Ā Ā 
Adams has 3 years left on his contact.Ā 

Ā 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ā 

We could see a similar season from Allen, thereā€™s a lot of similarities between the 2022 Packers and the 2024 Bills.Ā 

Except Josh isnā€™t old.Ā 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Ā Ā 

Ā 

Josh also has never been as good a passer as Rodgers.Ā 
Ā 

I happen to think Allen will have more efficient numbers with WR by committee approach, but weā€™ll see.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Ā Ā 

Ā 

My error.Ā  It's not his contract but his cap hit that makes the Raiders want to move him.Ā  D Adams is scheduled for $35M base next year, I doubt that's in anyone's plans.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ā 

Rogers wasn't an MVP his final season in Green Bay. He was the two years before that, though. No, I don't think he was that good in 2022, certainly not an elite level QB. 3,600 yards (11th), 26 TD's (7th), 12 INT's (7th most), 91.1 rating (16th). He was above average, maybe.

Ā 

And now he is two years removed from that, coming off a torn achilles, and 40 years old. So, call me skeptical. The cliff is usually steep for these guys to fall off of, for everyone but Tom Brady, it seems.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Rogers wasn't an MVP his final season in Green Bay. He was the two years before that, though. No, I don't think he was that good in 2022, certainly not an elite level QB. 3,600 yards (11th), 26 TD's (7th), 12 INT's (7th most), 91.1 rating (16th). He was above average, maybe.

Ā 

And now he is two years removed from that, coming off a torn achilles, and 40 years old. So, call me skeptical. The cliff is usually steep for these guys to fall off of, for everyone but Tom Brady, it seems.

His WR1 was Allen Lazard and he still finished 7th in TD passes. Now he has Garrett Wilson, Mike Williams, and Lazard.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If it's for a 3rd round pick, I'm inĀ 

Could depend on the contract and how much the Raiders take in.Ā  We have 2 second round picks, maybe give up ours.Ā  Getting Adams for 2-3 years at the $20M range might be easier for the FO to take.

5 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

He's older than Diggs....

Ā 

Rather trade for Aiyuk but he will require a contract where Adams is under contract for 3 more years I believe.Ā 

They didnā€™t trade Diggs because heā€™s old. They traded him because he became a pain in the rear to deal with.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Josh also has never been as good a passer as Rodgers.Ā 
Ā 

I happen to think Allen will have more efficient numbers with WR by committee approach, but weā€™ll see.

Ā 

I'd put Josh's passing ability up against Rodgers' anyday after calling their first several seasons (Rodgers' 3 years sitting behind Favre and Josh's 2 years making himself a better passer) a wash.Ā  I'd also say he's the better overall player you you factor in scrambling ability.Ā  Whether he has the longevity is the biggest question.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Ā 

He wont be a free agent at the end of this year unless the Raiders release him at the end of the season and eat 15.7 million dollars in contract.Ā  He is signed until 2026 with a potential out after this season.Ā Ā 

Edited by thenorthremembers

9 hours ago, 4th&long said:

I was wishing the bills would go get Adamā€™s and save him from the raiders.

Ā 

i was watching the series receiver on Netflix, what struck me most was despite his extreme frustration and anger in the heat of the moment DURING the game he was still a good teammate.

Ā 

Ā Iā€™m ready to do a sit in outside the stadium demanding the team make a trade for him!

Ā 

I kind of don't want anything to do with Adams after watching that series.Ā Ā 

Ā 

I understood his frustrations, but it was his choice to go Vegas.Ā  Even with Carr at QB, they were going to suck.Ā Ā 

Ā 

How did he not see it coming?Ā  There wasn't a better QB/WR duo in the league than he and Rodgers.Ā  Why F that up?Ā Ā