Boomer Esiason speculating Devonte Adams will be traded.

Gregg

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Jets can actually slow down Josh Allen.

In 6 games against the Jets since Salah has been the HC the Bills are 4-2 with an average margin of victory of 19.75 points. Their 2 losses are by a combined 9 points. Yeah Josh has struggled in some of those games, but he has also blown the Jets out multiple times

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

In 6 games against the Jets since Salah has been the HC the Bills are 4-2 with an average margin of victory of 19.75 points. Their 2 losses are by a combined 9 points. Yeah Josh has struggled in some of those games, but he has also blown the Jets out multiple times

The last 2 years Josh Allen has played some of his worst games vs the Jets. The Jets were one of the worst defenses in the league 3 years ago. 

I said they slow down Allen. If you can’t view the Bills and Allen with an open mind then why bother answering? The Jets give Allen trouble.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The last 2 years Josh Allen has played some of his worst games vs the Jets. The Jets were one of the worst defenses in the league 3 years ago. 

Ok. Last year they won 32-6 and Josh had 3 TDs in their second matchup with his new OC.

The Jets don't scare me 

8 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Ok. Last year they won 32-6 and Josh had 3 TDs in their second matchup with his new OC.

The Jets don't scare me 

By the time they played in Buffalo the Jets defense was exhausted at that point. They were also destroyed by the Dolphins on the Black Friday game. They got no help from the offense all year so to see them collapse at the end of the season was not surprising. That last two games at MetLife were tough losses for the Bills. Two years ago, in Buffalo the Bills won 20-12 but it was a 7-0 game at halftime. Their defense does give the Bills fits. Saleh has said they have built their team to beat Buffalo since the Bills have been the top dog in the division for a while now.

34 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Yeah, those rodgers led Jets get scarier and scarier all of the time.  Almost inconceivable how good they could be with Adams added to that dangerous dangerous team, led by a 40 year old narcissistic conspiracy spreading headcase coming off a major injury and showing his dedication, that they need to be 'all in' this year, by missing all of mini camp because of a personal trip.

I am almost as afraid  of rodgers and the jets this pre season as I was last year. 

Fingers crossed that that offensive powerhouse that is the jets and rodgers stops getting stronger and stronger..

They very well could have the same type of season as the 09 vikings had with Favre in his last hurrah.  That defense will be almost impossible to beat if they are scoring 20 points a game.  They have some older players though that are always injured.

I dont understand why the Raiders would do this.  They are already top five in cap space for this coming season.   

The Jets have less cap space than the Bills so this wouldnt make sense for them either.   

I suppose the Raiders and 49ers could do a deal where Aiyuk is sent to the Raiders for Adams?   Raiders could then give Aiyuk the long term deal he wants. 

I just dont see how trading him now makes much sense. 

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

https://nypost.com/2024/07/15/sports/boomer-esiason-hearing-about-timing-of-potential-davante-adams-trade/

If this does happen, I hope he doesn't go to the Jets and reunite with Rodgers. Combine that with G. Wilson and they will have a really dangerous passing attack if Rodgers stays healthy.

I hope he does because he has a large cap hit that they can't afford.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If, and it’s a big if Rodgers stays healthy the Jets already have the best roster in the AFC East. They are the clear favorites to win the AFC East 

In the last full season Aaron Rodgers played, he finished 26th in QBR and 21st in EPA. He then proceeded to miss a full season, and is now returning from a torn Achilles at age 40 and during a time where his mind seems to be lots of places other than football.

I'm not entirely convinced that he'll be the Aaron Rodgers of old.

Granted, the Jets have a good enough roster that even if Aaron plays at his 2022 level, they'll still very possibly win enough games to make the playoffs. But as far as "clear favorites to win the division"...I don't buy it. 

Edited by Logic

16 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Saw recently a video of Adams mic’d up and haaaaating playing with Jimmy G. Wide open missed passes. Making him take needless hits. He wants out.

Well, lucky for him that Jimmy Garoppolo is no longer on the Raiders. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

It would be great but who you gonna cut to be cap compliant?  

Rework his deal as part of the trade, make this year cap friendly and pay him next year when Von and Diggs are off the books. Von was a deal they could get out of after 3 years for not too big a hit. I think.

2 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

Rework his deal as part of the trade, make this year cap friendly and pay him next year when Von and Diggs are off the books. Von was a deal they could get out of after 3 years for not too big a hit. I think.

Not really how that works.  We can't rework his deal until hes on the team.  If youre not cap compliant they just stop processing things until you are (i.e. you cut players); I'm pretty sure its set up for this specific type of situation.  So LV would have to rework his deal then trade.    

Reworking in LV is harder than it probably seems.  Particularly cause his current contract pays him a base salary of 35 million the next two years.  If you wanna rework his deal you probably have to extend him past age 35.   

1 minute ago, YattaOkasan said:

Not really how that works.  We can't rework his deal until hes on the team.  If youre not cap compliant they just stop processing things until you are (i.e. you cut players); I'm pretty sure its set up for this specific type of situation.  So LV would have to rework his deal then trade.    

Reworking in LV is harder than it probably seems.  Particularly cause his current contract pays him a base salary of 35 million the next two years.  If you wanna rework his deal you probably have to extend him past age 35.   

I don’t know much about it. I’m just a dreamer, sure it wouldn’t happen anyway.

1 hour ago, TBBills Fan said:

Beane will consider if we hit 100 pages. 

Keep these worthless posts coming and we will hit 100 pages.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If, and it’s a big if Rodgers stays healthy the Jets already have the best roster in the AFC East. They are the clear favorites to win the AFC East 

They always are...at this time of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

lol that's a big if..

anyway, a healthy Rodgers led a 13 win team to 8-9 before he was replaced by his backup the next season.  he's washed.

4 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

The article says dead cap will be $7.5 mm for 2024 and $15.7 in 2025. Imo, both are doable. 

Adding him makes Bills receiving room (including TE position) as one of the most diverse in the entire league. 

with average health, they’d instantly be top tier Super Bowl contenders if they add him 

• Like (+1) 1