Boomer Esiason speculating Devonte Adams will be traded.

Gregg

41 minutes ago, Gregg said:

https://nypost.com/2024/07/15/sports/boomer-esiason-hearing-about-timing-of-potential-davante-adams-trade/

If this does happen, I hope he doesn't go to the Jets and reunite with Rodgers. Combine that with G. Wilson and they will have a really dangerous passing attack if Rodgers stays healthy.

If, and it’s a big if Rodgers stays healthy the Jets already have the best roster in the AFC East. They are the clear favorites to win the AFC East 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 9

16 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Could the Bills make this trade work or not. Wouldn't mind having Adams with Josh.

The article says dead cap will be $7.5 mm for 2024 and $15.7 in 2025. Imo, both are doable. 

Adding him makes Bills receiving room (including TE position) as one of the most diverse in the entire league. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

The article says dead cap will be $7.5 mm for 2024 and $15.7 in 2025. Imo, both are doable. 

Adding him makes Bills receiving room (including TE position) as one of the most diverse in the entire league. 

If Beane could make it work I would be all for it. Obviously, this is all speculation but if the Raiders do trade him and the Bills could somehow get him. There is your replacement for Diggs.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If, and it’s a big if Rodgers stays healthy the Jets already have the best roster in the AFC East. They are the clear favorites to win the AFC East 

Agree on best overall roster, but Im not sure about Rodgers even if healthy.  Its been two seasons since weve seen great play from him.  And at his age return to form  doesnt seem too likely.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

If he runs backward he is probably faster the Keon Coleman 

I don’t see how running in the wrong direction is very helpful. Although, Jim Marshall is kinda famous.  🤷‍♂️

I was wishing the bills would go get Adam’s and save him from the raiders.

i was watching the series receiver on Netflix, what struck me most was despite his extreme frustration and anger in the heat of the moment DURING the game he was still a good teammate.

I’m ready to do a sit in outside the stadium demanding the team make a trade for him!

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

I was wishing the bills would go get Adam’s and save him from the raiders.

i was watching the series receiver on Netflix, what struck me most was despite his extreme frustration and anger in the heat of the moment DURING the game he was still a good teammate.

I’m ready to do a sit in outside the stadium demanding the team make a trade for him!

It would be great but who you gonna cut to be cap compliant?  

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Too bad they have historically bad coaching otherwise this would be true 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

https://nypost.com/2024/07/15/sports/boomer-esiason-hearing-about-timing-of-potential-davante-adams-trade/

If this does happen, I hope he doesn't go to the Jets and reunite with Rodgers. Combine that with G. Wilson and they will have a really dangerous passing attack if Rodgers stays healthy.

Yeah, those rodgers led Jets get scarier and scarier all of the time.  Almost inconceivable how good they could be with Adams added to that dangerous dangerous team, led by a 40 year old narcissistic conspiracy spreading headcase coming off a major injury and showing his dedication, that they need to be 'all in' this year, by missing all of mini camp because of a personal trip.

I am almost as afraid  of rodgers and the jets this pre season as I was last year. 

Fingers crossed that that offensive powerhouse that is the jets and rodgers stops getting stronger and stronger..

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Jets can actually slow down Josh Allen.

At MetLife the past two years they did. Last year in Buffalo wasn't it 32-6 or something like that. It was the late in the year and their D was exhausted getting no help from the offense all year. This year when they play at MetLife the Jets will be returning from London. Hopefully they still have some Jet lag going into the Bills game.

2 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Yeah, those rodgers led Jets get scarier and scarier all of the time.  Almost inconceivable how good they could be with Adams added to that dangerous dangerous team, led by a 40 year old narcissistic conspiracy spreading headcase coming off a major injury and showing his dedication, that they need to be 'all in' this year, by missing all of mini camp because of a personal trip.

I am almost as afraid  of rodgers and the jets this pre season as I was last year. 

Fingers crossed that that offensive powerhouse that is the jets and rodgers stops getting stronger and stronger..

I doubt Rodgers can stay healthy being 40 coming off a serious Achillies injury. Taylor can be a serviceable back up if Rodgers gets hurt. They didn't have an NFL QB on the roster last year after Rodgers. That is why their season was over 4 plays into the opener. 

• Like (+1) 1

Adams left Green Bay and Rodgers to go play with his college buddy in Oak Vegas. Now that his buddy is in New Orleans the Saints seem like a possible destination.

Keep in mind that Adams is 31 years old and won't be cheap.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

If he runs backward, he is probably faster the Keon Coleman 

I was literally counting posts to see when we got a Keon joke LOL... you did not disappoint  🤣