J.D. Vance - Character and Policies

28 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This pick looks really bad now. A hard core anti-abortion, yes man, who under performed in the one race he ran in a safe state.

Yeah but he was down for the alternate elector plot.  He's a schmuck that will go whichever way the wind blows for power most likely.   Bought and paid for by Peter Thiel.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

:doh:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/21/us/politics/vance-trump-campaign-rally.html

Mr. Trump spoke for nearly two hours — making his 92-minute nomination-acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention on Thursday seem pithy. In all those words, he mentioned his new partner only fleetingly, almost parenthetically. “I chose him because he’s for the worker,” Mr. Trump explained. “He’s for the people that work so hard and perhaps weren’t treated like they should have been.”

At another point, he invoked “the Trump-Vance administration” and then said: “By the way, I made the right pick. He’s so great. They were all good, they were all good. He’s really stepped up.”

Mr. Trump spent about as much time talking about Hulk Hogan — the aging wrestler whose shirt-ripping endorsement was a convention highlight — as he did his new running mate. (“We’re not going to mess with the Hulkster,” Mr. Trump growled at one point.)

Many in the crowd appeared on board with Mr. Trump’s choice of Mr. Vance. “I know Alex Jones at Infowars supports him,” said Dale Davis, 67, a part-time security guard from Portage, Mich. “If everything he says is for real, he’s awesome.”

• Eyeroll 1

MSNBC went at Vance hard this weekend vs the failures of the current regime (domestic or foreign)or the multiple mass shootings in Dem strongholds.  

Southwest keys in the news yet?

And like that the farm is Uber focused on Vance and parroting the narrative of the shows 

On 7/16/2024 at 10:43 PM, 4th&long said:

I tell any young person, including my kids to go into the trades. You can make a good living. There is a shortage of workers in just about every trade. 

I totally agree ! I had a very long career in the trades & changed after 15+ years after 08 when things went south for a while but during the pandemic when my other career shut down which was in the entertainment industry I kept all of my tools and went back into the trades that i use to do .

I was out side not around any one usually and had a FB page that my wife posted pictures of my work & my phone number it wasn't a couple of weeks & i was covered up & i couldn't keep up . If your kids don't mind a little physical labor & can learn either one or multiple trades they will have it made .

And if they don't mind a little physical labor then you have been a good parent because most young people today won't lift a finger unless it's to push a mouse or a controller on a game boy thing a ma bob . The smart phone thing & computers in a lot of ways have dumbed us down & made us a very lazy country !! 

• Like (+1) 3

What a low life. Insulting the voters. Cat ladies vote, this is dumb politics. No wonder he won by much smaller margins than the rest of the GOP field in Ohio. 

Trump made a bad pick, mean spirited jerk 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/07/22/2024-election-biden-kamala-harris-campaign-updates/#link-C5WXDWNNJVHAZJS66GT7TTOFPMBy Kyle Melnick

General Assignment reporter

Sen. J.D. Vance (R-Ohio), Donald Trump’s running mate, told Fox News in 2021 that Vice President Harris is one of the “childless cat ladies” who doesn’t have a “direct stake” in the future of the United States because she doesn’t have biological children. He told the TV channel that Harris and other top Democrats are “miserable.”

“They want to make the rest of the country miserable, too,” Vance told Fox News. Doug Emhoff, Harris’s husband, has two children from a previous marriage — Ella and Cole — who gave Harris the nickname “Momala.”

7 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

https://www.amazon.com/Vance-Fake-Hillbilly-Appalachians-Ignoramuses/dp/1733364404

Kilgore was an R Attorney General of Va. Highly respected and accomplished. He despised Vance and wrote this as a rebuttal to Hillbilly Elegy. Look for more attacks on Vance’s claim of being Appalachian 

The offense commies are taking to someone from Eastern Kentucky is proof that Trump made the right choice.  

It’s also rich coming from people that think you can make up your gender and race.  

If you’re Harris, you break out the Black colloquialisms when you’re on BET.  Suburban box wine mom when you’re on CNN.  

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The offense commies are taking to someone from Eastern Kentucky is proof that Trump made the right choice.  

It’s also rich coming from people that think you can make up your gender and race.  

If you’re Harris, you break out the Black colloquialisms when you’re on BET.  Suburban box wine mom when you’re on CNN.  

Read about Kilgore. He died about a week ago   He was no commie. Not even a “rino”. Someone who engendered great respect.   He actually helped the folks in his community. 

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

36 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I kind of feel bad for him. One person clapped at his joke. This has to give everyone the ick.

What a dry piece of toast! This guy knows how to suck up, that's about the only thing he is good at

Awful

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This guy knows how to suck up, that's about the only thing he is good at

Probably not the best analogy to use considering how you're presidential nominee has launched her career on sucking.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Lost said:

Probably not the best analogy to use considering how you're presidential nominee has launched her career on sucking.

That's the sexism you guys need to push. It's going to help you! I promise, free advice dude. 

• Eyeroll 1