J.D. Vance - Character and Policies

23 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Cherub no like Trump.

I really thought Tim Walz missed a great opportunity in the debate to plant a few more poisoned pills. He could of told Vance a few times how much smarter he was than Trump, how more thoughtful, handsome and articulate. 

Trump would of been raging, lol  

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I really thought Tim Walz missed a great opportunity in the debate to plant a few more poisoned pills. He could of told Vance a few times how much smarter he was than Trump, how more thoughtful, handsome and articulate. 

Trump would of been raging, lol  

Here's the thing with Vance: Ambition. Boundless ambition. He wants desperately to be President. That meant sucking up to Trump to get his endorsement and to become a Senator. 

Notice how clever our young hillbilly is. He got the VP nomination. He goes on the debate stage and says none of the outrageous things that endeared him to Trump to begin with.

If Trump wins, he's term-limited, and JD is the presumptive 2028 nominee.

If Trump loses, JD is the presumed front runner because he's a smarter, less emotional, more focused version of Trump.

And if JD becomes President either sooner (Trump is, umm, almost 80) or later (2028), what makes the Trumpies think he won't switch back to that Hillbilly Elegy guy running toward the center? As I said, he's smart. I think Democrats fear JD for that reason: he'll do whatever he needs to do to win, even if it means running the old Bush 41 "kinder and gentler" campaign at the expense of his mentor.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Here's the thing with Vance: Ambition. Boundless ambition. He wants desperately to be President. That meant sucking up to Trump to get his endorsement and to become a Senator. 

Notice how clever our young hillbilly is. He got the VP nomination. He goes on the debate stage and says none of the outrageous things that endeared him to Trump to begin with.

If Trump wins, he's term-limited, and JD is the presumptive 2028 nominee.

If Trump loses, JD is the presumed front runner because he's a smarter, less emotional, more focused version of Trump.

And if JD becomes President either sooner (Trump is, umm, almost 80) or later (2028), what makes the Trumpies think he won't switch back to that Hillbilly Elegy guy running toward the center? As I said, he's smart. I think Democrats fear JD for that reason: he'll do whatever he needs to do to win, even if it means running the old Bush 41 "kinder and gentler" campaign at the expense of his mentor.

I think you nailed it. And there would be nothing wrong with Vance running to the center if he becomes a Presidential nominee in 28. At some point we have to become a unified country again and if you could find me a Democrat who is running to the center I'd sure listen to what they have to say.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

I think you nailed it. And there would be nothing wrong with Vance running to the center if he becomes a Presidential nominee in 28. At some point we have to become a unified country again and if you could find me a Democrat who is running to the center I'd sure listen to what they have to say.

Exactly. 

I'm glad to see Kamala tacking hard to the center, and I hope if she gets elected she'll continue on that path.

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Exactly. 

I'm glad to see Kamala tacking hard to the center, and I hope if she gets elected she'll continue on that path.

You have to have some authenticity to make that work.  I'm not sure she's got it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Exactly. 

Yeah, ummm no. Kamala's background speaks for itself and it is nowhere near center.

14 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Yeah, ummm no. Kamala's background speaks for itself and it is nowhere near center.

But there's plenty of JD Vance in her, or maybe Bill Clinton - the willingness to do whatever it takes to get elected and/or be popular. That's sometimes a good thing.

30 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

You are exhibit A  

I don't fear JD. I liked him. The 2014 version.

I fear the sycophant he is today.

13 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

But there's plenty of JD Vance in her, or maybe Bill Clinton - the willingness to do whatever it takes to get elected and/or be popular. That's sometimes a good thing.

I don't fear JD. I liked him. The 2014 version.

I fear the sycophant he is today.

He’s changed his outward positions for political expediency and you fear him. Doug’s wife has done the same, to the point of disavowing nearly every position she’s ever held, and you love it. 

One of them is bad for it. That’s shocking. 

Edited by Biden is Mentally Fit

13 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

He’s changed his outward positions for political expediency and you fear him. Doug’s wife has done the same, to the point of disavowing nearly every position she’s ever held, and you love it. 

One of them is bad for it. That’s shocking. 

He's not bad for the mere fact that he changed.

He's bad for the direction in which he changed.

A subtle distinction that is apparently lost on you.

Are you sure you're mentally fit?