J.D. Vance - Character and Policies

Just now, Scraps said:

Obviously yes.

Same here.

He talks about how he was such a great baseball player in high school, a natural athlete, never mentions any injuries.

He talks for years and years about how a high draft lottery number kept him out of Vietnam.

Then the NYT (mainstream media, doing actual reporting) goes digging, finds his Selective Service record. Refutes Trump's story; finds that he was exempted based on a medical condition (bone spurs).

Does some more digging: bone spurs "diagnosed" by a  podiatrist working out of a dump of an office in Queens - a tenant of Fred Trump, Donald's father.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/26/us/politics/trump-vietnam-draft-exemption.html

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Same here.

He talks about how he was such a great baseball player in high school, a natural athlete, never mentions any injuries.

He talks for years and years about how a high draft lottery number kept him out of Vietnam.

Then the NYT (mainstream media, doing actual reporting) goes digging, finds his Selective Service record. Refutes Trump's story; finds that he was exempted based on a medical condition (bone spurs).

Does some more digging: bone spurs "diagnosed" by a  podiatrist working out of a dump of an office in Queens - a tenant of Fred Trump, Donald's father.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/26/us/politics/trump-vietnam-draft-exemption.html

You think you need a rocket scientist to diagnose bone spurs? He was examined by a legitimate podiatrist who found bone spurs.

4 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

You think you need a rocket scientist to diagnose bone spurs? He was examined by a legitimate podiatrist who found bone spurs.

Who just so happened to be a tenant of Donald's father.

And Donald told people for years after the fact that he was lucky with his lottery number, not that he had any kind of medical exemption. And weirdly never mentioned bone spurs bothering him. Not to this day. Didn't even bother to have Dr. Ronny mention them in his health report.

7 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

The legitimate podiatrist rented space from Fred Trump.  The podiatrist's family claims that he gave that diagnosis as a favor to Fred Trump.  If there was ever a problem in the building, the podiatrist would call Fred Trump and the problem would be fixed quickly.

Donald Trump can not remember what foot the bone spurs were in.  Donald Trump says the bone spurs went away on their own but looking information up on the Cleveland Clinic, it says bone spurs are permanent and can only be removed by surgery.

Why oh why don't people simply believe Donald Trump, adjudicated fraudster?

Edited by Scraps
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And Donald told people for years after the fact that he was lucky with his lottery number, not that he had any kind of medical exemption. And weirdly never mentioned bone spurs bothering him. Not to this day. Didn't even bother to have Dr. Ronny mention them in his health report.

He went to a doctor that knew his family, nothing strange about that. As to why he didn't mention his ailment I have no idea.

Trump received 4 deferments because of college and Biden received 5.  After those, both were eventually disqualified from service for medical reasons: bone spurs for Trump and asthma for Biden.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

The legitimate podiatrist rented space from Fred Trump.  The podiatrist's family claims that he gave that diagnosis as a favor to Fred Trump.  If there was ever a problem in the building, the podiatrist would call Fred Trump and the problem would be fixed quickly.

The family claims? Well there you have it, don't you. And Mr.Trump sounds like a good landlord to me. Fixing problems quickly and all that.

1 minute ago, wnyguy said:

The family claims? Well there you have it, don't you. And Mr.Trump sounds like a good landlord to me. Fixing problems quickly and all that.

There I have what?  Please explain what I have.

How did the bone spurs, that can only be removed by surgery, magically go away?

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

There I have what?  Please explain what I have.

The "family claims"? What in the heck would the family know about the whole thing? I mean realistically why would they even know about this. A diagnosis that was made over 60 years ago? Does that seem a little off to you? 

All of a sudden the "family" remembers this single diagnosis? Have they been asked about other patients and what the diagnosis for them were? It's crazy I tell ya, crazy.

7 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

The "family claims"? What in the heck would the family know about the whole thing? I mean realistically why would they even know about this. A diagnosis that was made over 60 years ago? Does that seem a little off to you? 

All of a sudden the "family" remembers this single diagnosis? Have they been asked about other patients and what the diagnosis for them were? It's crazy I tell ya, crazy.

If a doctor does a favor for some rich dude with the expectation of favors in return that could help his business, I could see him mentioning that to his family back around the 1968 timeframe.

31 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Let's be real, they will believe ANYTHING he says.  These people are lost irretrievably.  We should treat them as such.  Reason doesn't work on them.

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

Trump received 4 deferments because of college and Biden received 5.  After those, both were eventually disqualified from service for medical reasons: bone spurs for Trump and asthma for Biden.

BUT WHAT ABOUT!!!!  We can't prove Biden’s was BS.  We can with your hero.  This ain't rocket science doc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

BUT WHAT ABOUT!!!!  We can't prove Biden’s was BS.  We can with your hero.  This ain't rocket science doc.

It was BS.  Otherwise it would have been used from the beginning.

30 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Those cheeto dusted nuts taste good?  You seem like you just can't get enough of them.  

IOW "I got nothing."  Figured.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

IOW "I got nothing."  Figured.

Other than one being provable and the other not, sure.  Was the asthma bs?  Maybe.  Probably.   Were bone spurs a lie.   100%.  Complete utter bs.  But don't let me interrupt your nad gargling.  I don't want you to choke. 

15 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Other than one being provable and the other not, sure.  Was the asthma bs?  Maybe.  Probably.   Were bone spurs a lie.   100%.  Complete utter bs.  But don't let me interrupt your nad gargling.  I don't want you to choke. 

Hold on there, I never said that Trump's bones spurs excuse wasn't a lie.  It probably was.  What I am saying is that neither of them wanted to go to Vietnam and used every avenue possible to avoid it.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hold on there, I never said that Trump's bones spurs excuse wasn't a lie.  It probably was.  What I am saying is that neither of them wanted to go to Vietnam and used every avenue possible to avoid it.

You may remove Donny's saggy, yet somehow tiny, nads outta your mouth for a period not to exceed 2 minutes.   Right up until you bend yourself into a pretzel defending him on a different topic.

Edited by L Ron Burgundy

Just my opinion but the R's don't need another RFK Jr.  Free falling

“And there hasn’t been a single investigation or a single firing. I don’t know. I don’t, look, sometimes mistakes happen. That’s just the nature of government, the nature of military service. But to have those 13 Americans lose their lives and not fire a single person is disgraceful. Kamala Harris is disgraceful. We’re going to talk about a story out of those 13 brave, innocent Americans who lost their lives. It’s that Kamala Harris is so asleep at the wheel that she won’t even do an investigation into what happened. And she wants to yell at Donald Trump because he showed up. She can. She can go to hell!” concluded the Ohio senator.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever