J.D. Vance - Character and Policies

15 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Who gives a shite about the traitors excuse for their actions?  Trump wants to pardon them. Are you really this stupid or or you doing your willful ignorance act again?

Yeah, who gives a shite about what someone actually said?  Moron.

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Angry people with weapons being told to fight like hell, ya sure Doc 

It was dereliction of duty for him not to tell the violent protesters to stop violently attacking ou=r national legislature, right? 

If a cop saw a person being attacked, its his job to stop it. Trump laughed and watched it. 

Doc, that is criminal negligence 

Weapons?  What weapons?

He tweeted for them to stop soon after learning about the breach.  Twitter took it down.  He tweeted again.  People didn't stop.  Eventually they left.

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

I do find JD Vance's reaction to service member's retirement after 24 years rather funny.  I'm glad we finally agree on something.

Nothing says peaceful to me like showing up with a gallows.

What's funny about about Walz retiring because he didn't want to be deployed to Iraq?

It was as "peaceful" as the Summer riots of 2020...

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

You mean Pizzagate? A lot of people think there may be something to that. I suggest you look up Liz Crokin, who has done some investigating in that regard.

Thanks for the tip. I did look her up. And boy what I found knocked my socks off.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

What's funny about about Walz retiring because he didn't want to be deployed to Iraq?

How was he supposed to know his unit would be deployed to Iraq if he gave his notice to retire 7 months before his unit was told it would be deployed and he was actually retired 2 months before his unit was told it would be deployed?  After 24 years of service, and a deployment that had been completed, how is it dishonorable to not commit for another 4 years?

43 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Why would I waste my time on that?  I'm not in the cult of the Orange con man.

How much would you bet that if we could add up ALL the fraud there'd be considerably more favoring Trump?   Believing lies from a con man.  How stupid can these people be?

Just now, Scraps said:

How was he supposed to know his unit would be deployed to Iraq if he gave his notice to retire 7 months before his unit was told it would be deployed and he was actually retired 2 months before his unit was told it would be deployed?  After 24 years of service, and a deployment that had been completed, how is it dishonorable to not commit for another 4 years?

From what I've seen, it looks like he had an inkling that they'd deploy, and no doubt that would've put a damper on his plans to run for Congress. So he put in his retirement and it was granted. (Didn't have to be)

So it appears technically accurate to say "he retired knowing that his unit would likely be deployed to Iraq in the coming months."

It is also technically accurate to say "he retired in order to launch his congressional run."

I would suggest that the latter was the primary reason, as you can't very well run a congressional campaign from abroad, be it Italy or Iraq. But whatever. He put in his papers, they approved them.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

I think you may be on to something there.

I mean, he just admitted he's into qanon.   I kinda wanna ask more questions.   In the same way you'd interview someone with a strong form of autism or schizophrenia.   He into the blood drinking stuff?  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Thanks for the tip. I did look her up. And boy what I found knocked my socks off.

Yeah she can take that conspiracy a bit far, for sure. lol

Just now, L Ron Burgundy said:

I mean, he just admitted he's into qanon.   I kinda wanna ask more questions.   In the same way you'd interview someone with a strong form of autism or schizophrenia.   He into the blood drinking stuff?  

Seems like a newbie. 

Most QAnons disavow Pizzagate because that one ended in a laughable (and nearly tragic) way.

The real true believers follow the Fight Club rule, pretending there is no such thing or trying (and failing) to ridicule me when I point out the obvious ties to it.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

From what I've seen, it looks like he had an inkling that they'd deploy, and no doubt that would've put a damper on his plans to run for Congress. So he put in his retirement and it was granted. (Didn't have to be)

So it appears technically accurate to say "he retired knowing that his unit would likely be deployed to Iraq in the coming months."

It is also technically accurate to say "he retired in order to launch his congressional run."

I would suggest that the latter was the primary reason, as you can't very well run a congressional campaign from abroad, be it Italy or Iraq. But whatever. He put in his papers, they approved them.

I think it's when he lies about being a combat vet without seeing combat, 

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Walz' superior,  Doug Julin, said Walz knew deployment was a distinct possibility.  And again, no one is criticizing his 24 years of service.  And I don't know if I'd call it "dishonorable" to retire instead of going to war, any more than I'd consider it "dishonorable" to claim you had bone spurs or asthma to get out of being drafted.  The "dishonorable" part is claiming you went.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, wnyguy said:

I think it's when he lies about being a combat vet without seeing combat, 

I've said that too ... it wasn't just that he "misspoke" when he said "I carried a weapon in war" instead of "I carried a weapon of war." He clearly dropped lines on a few occasions that would make anyone believe that he was deployed to Iraq.

The rest of it strikes me as people just trying to make something out of nothing.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I've said that too ... it wasn't just that he "misspoke" when he said "I carried a weapon in war" instead of "I carried a weapon of war." He clearly dropped lines on a few occasions that would make anyone believe that he was deployed to Iraq.

The rest of it strikes me as people just trying to make something out of nothing.

Agree with you there.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Walz' superior,  Doug Julin, said Walz knew deployment was a distinct possibility.  And again, no one is criticizing his 24 years of service.  And I don't know if I'd call it "dishonorable" to retire instead of going to war, any more than I'd consider it "dishonorable" to claim you had bone spurs or asthma to get out of being drafted.  The "dishonorable" part is claiming you went.

Equating someone who served 24 years, and had been activated and deployed at least once in that time, to someone who dodged service entirely with a bogus claim of bone spurs is stupid beyond words but considering the source, not surprising.

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Welcome to the sordid world of politics.

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Equating someone who served 24 years, and had been activated and deployed at least once in that time, to someone who dodged service entirely with a bogus claim of bone spurs is stupid beyond words but considering the source, not surprising.

A simp like you would think so.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

You ever done a 10 mile road march while packing a full ruck sack and carrying a rifle with bone spurs, you knucklehead? 

2 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

You seriously think he has bone spurs?  Wow.  You are 100% brainwashed.  

Geez, good thing he had those bone spurs taken care of before he started spending 200 days a year on the golf course.

Did you know that podiatrists (like the Trump commercial tenant who wrote him the letter) can do that?

https://www.gwapodiatry.com/blog/how-podiatrists-treat-bone-spurs-on-the-heel.cfm