J.D. Vance - Character and Policies

On 8/18/2024 at 10:36 AM, Doc said:

Well, depends on whether you believe he "retired" without knowing he was going to be deployed to a war zone.  To me that's little different than claiming you have bone spurs or asthma to get out of being sent to a war zone.  And then of course still claiming you went is stolen valor.

Meh.  According to the Minnesota National Guard, he filed his paperwork to retire 3-5 months before being told they might be deployed and retired 2 months before they were told they would be deployed.  He'd also been activated at least once during his 24 years of service.  If he held a skill that the Army thought was critical, they could have stop-lossed him as they did with many other people.  I see no reason for him to reup for another 4 years in this situation.  He served far longer than most and 20 years longer than James Donald Bowman.

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

Meh.  According to the Minnesota National Guard, he filed his paperwork to retire 3-5 months before being told they might be deployed and retired 2 months before they were told they would be deployed.  He'd also been activated at least once during his 24 years of service.  If he held a skill that the Army thought was critical, they could have stop-lossed him as they did with many other people.  I see no reason for him to reup for another 4 years in this situation.  He served far longer than most and 20 years longer than James Donald Bowman.

Whether he quit because he knew he was going to be deployed is secondary to claiming he actually was deployed.  But hey, who cares if the first part is a lie?  The reaction to it is hilarious!

3 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

What was the goal?

I have no idea.  They clearly had no plan once they entered the Capitol and ended up leaving after a few hours without the government even close to being overthrown.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

have no idea.

No idea?  BS

trump made the goal clear that shameful day:

Now, it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we're going to walk down, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down, we're going to walk down.

Anyone you want, but I think right here, we're going to walk down to the Capitol, and we're going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them.

Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

No idea?  BS

trump made the goal clear that shameful day:

Now, it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we're going to walk down, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down, we're going to walk down.

Anyone you want, but I think right here, we're going to walk down to the Capitol, and we're going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them.

Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated.

He told them to"peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."  Nowhere did he even hint about breaking into the Capitol.  And again, once they entered the Capitol...they had no plan and while there was a delay in certifying the election, it still proceeded.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

He told them to"peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."  Nowhere did he even hint about breaking into the Capitol.  And again, once they entered the Capitol...they had no plan and while there was a delay in certifying the election, it still proceeded.

you're conveniently omitting the goal he specifically stated, peaceful (wink, wink) or not..  i'd type it again but you'd just ignore or obfuscate.  it's what MAGAs do...

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

you're conveniently omitting the goal he specifically stated.  i'd type it again but you'd just ignore or obfuscate.  it's what MAGAs do...

You mean the "demanding" part?  So?  Again nowhere did he say "break into the Capitol" and when they ignored that and broke in didn't demand anything.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

You mean the "demanding" part?  So?  Again nowhere did he say "break into the Capitol" and when they ignored that and broke in didn't demand anything.

I asked you "what was the goal"?  trump told us.  whether he said "break into the capitol" or not doesn't matter in answering this question.   His stated goal "only count the electors who were lawfully slated (who are those meant to be? -really, I want you to tell me) was what Jan 6 was all about.

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I asked you "what was the goal"?  trump told us.  whether he said "break into the capitol" or not doesn't matter in answering this question.  

The goal was obviously for him to remain President.  By having people "peacefully and patriotically mak[ing their] voices heard."  It wasn't much of a plan and evidence by the fact that he didn't even bother going to the Capitol himself.  Some idiots got the brilliant idea to break into the Capitol and people followed but once inside they were mostly peaceful and the election results were eventually certified.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

The goal was obviously for him to remain President.  By having people "peacefully and patriotically mak[ing their] voices heard."  It wasn't much of a plan and evidence by the fact that he didn't even bother going to the Capitol himself.  Some idiots got the brilliant idea to break into the Capitol and people followed but once inside they were mostly peaceful and the election results were eventually certified.

For him to remain president…and how was peacefully walking to the capitol going to accomplish that?  How do you imagine he thought that could happen?  How could that happen under the constitution?  Because it was unsuccessful doesn’t absolve him. Stop being a fool. You don’t even believe what your typing 

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

For him to remain president…and how was peacefully walking to the capitol going to accomplish that?  How do you imagine he thought that could happen?  How could that happen under the constitution?  Because it was unsuccessful doesn’t absolve him. Stop being a fool. You don’t even believe what your typing 

Sorry but "he made me do it" isn't a valid excuse anywhere, much less a court of law.  And again Trump never told them to break into the Capitol and wasn't even at the Capitol to incite the riot.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Melania says hi

https://www.the-express.com/news/politics/146458/donald-trump-mocks-supporters-basement-dwellers-stephanie-grisham

“Trump] has no empathy, no morals, and no fidelity to the truth. He used to tell me, 'It doesn't matter what you say, Stephanie, say it enough, and people will believe you.' But it does matter, what you [say] matters and what you don't say matters. On January 6, I asked Melania if we could at least Tweet that, while peaceful protest is the right of every American, there's no place for lawlessness or violence, she replied with one word, 'No.'"

• Vomit 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sorry but "he made me do it" isn't a valid excuse anywhere, much less a court of law.  And again Trump never told them to break into the Capitol and wasn't even at the Capitol to incite the riot.

Who gives a shite about the traitors excuse for their actions?  Trump wants to pardon them. Are you really this stupid or or you doing your willful ignorance act again?

• Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Who gives a shite about the traitors excuse for their actions?  Trump wants to pardon them. Are you really this stupid or or you doing your willful ignorance act again?

Ignorance.  Stop trying.   When it comes to Trump they are incapable of honesty.   When he croaks more nutty stories will come out.  In real life all the conservatives here will make like they were never pro Trump.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Ignorance.  Stop trying.   When it comes to Trump they are incapable of honesty.   When he croaks more nutty stories will come out.  In real life all the conservatives here will make like they were never pro Trump.

Iron law in play.  Again

It's always projection and gaslighting on the left. Every time. 

• Disagree 1

5 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Yup. Notice he changed the argument from “   What was the goal of Jan 6?” To “ valid excuse for the rioters”. These fools are shameless and transparent   Trump got one thing right:  they’re basement dwellers

• Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Angry people with weapons being told to fight like hell, ya sure Doc 

8 hours ago, Doc said:

It was dereliction of duty for him not to tell the violent protesters to stop violently attacking ou=r national legislature, right? 

If a cop saw a person being attacked, its his job to stop it. Trump laughed and watched it. 

Doc, that is criminal negligence 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Angry people with weapons being told to fight like hell, ya sure Doc 

It was dereliction of duty for him not to tell the violent protesters to stop violently attacking ou=r national legislature, right? 

If a cop saw a person being attacked, its his job to stop it. Trump laughed and watched it. 

Doc, that is criminal negligence 

They don't care.  Violence is an acceptable means to an end for MAGAs

• Eyeroll 1