J.D. Vance - Character and Policies

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Holy crap the propaganda is off the charts

Diet Mountain Dew and his laugh are weird.  Good thing they're not shying away from their clown image...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Doc said:

***** it.  Why have a border?  Just let them all in. 

RaTs is an appropriate acronym...

What the he’ll are you taking about? He said Arizonan, not illegal immigrants. 

3 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

What the he’ll are you taking about? He said Arizonan, not illegal immigrants. 

"...no matter their background or circumstance..."

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Doc said:

"...no matter their background or circumstance..."

First of all the dudes a Republican. He said Arizonan. My background is different than your background. My circumstances are different than yours. We are both US citizens born here. (I’m guessing you were born here)? Both New Yorkers maybe since we are both bills fans. Calm down, not everything everyone says is bad

10 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

First of all the dudes a Republican. He said Arizonan. My background is different than your background. My circumstances are different than yours. We are both US citizens born here. (I’m guessing you were born here)? Both New Yorkers maybe since we are both bills fans. Calm down, not everything everyone says is bad

Yes there are Republicans that don't like Trump.  I can't understand why they'd want the Dem vision for this country but different strokes... 

As for me, I'm a first generation of Asian Indian descent.  My parents immigrated to the US legally with my brother to Rochester when he was 3 and waited a couple of years to establish themselves before having me to be sure they weren't returning to India.  They became naturalized citizens about a decade later and have always loved and appreciated America, and they assimilated when they came here (they even ate beef for several decades!) and were productive members of society.  I don't see that happening much anymore and my mother, who has been a lifelong Dem, hates illegal immigration.  Legal immigration is fine with almost everyone.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes there are Republicans that don't like Trump.  I can't understand why they'd want the Dem vision for this country but different strokes... 

They don't want the Dem vision for this country.  They see Trump as a threat to the Republic as we have known it and are willing to put up with bad policy for a few years to keep it.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Scraps said:

They don't want the Dem vision for this country.  They see Trump as a threat to the Republic as we have known it and are willing to put up with bad policy for a few years to keep it.

How do you think he's a threat to the republic? I'm a republican, I have not voted for Trump nor do I plan to this fall. But a threat to the republic? Really? That's laughable.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

As for me, I'm a first generation of Asian Indian descent.  My parents immigrated to the US legally with my brother to Rochester when he was 3 and waited a couple of years to establish themselves before having me to be sure they weren't returning to India.  They became naturalized citizens about a decade later and have always loved and appreciated America, and they assimilated when they came here (they even ate beef for several decades!) and were productive members of society.  I don't see that happening much anymore and my mother, who has been a lifelong Dem, hates illegal immigration.  Legal immigration is fine with almost everyone.

I appreciate your family’s story and have a lot of respect for it. I can’t imagine how hard it would be to pick up and move to another country and start over. Amazing people! I have also come to appreciate Indian people and culture. I am a flooring contractor and have done a lot of jobs for them. Extremely smart people. Value education greatly. The ones I meet are all doctors, lawyers, engineers etc. The last time I did a job for an Indian couple the wife came home in her scrubs (while I was working). I asked her what kind of doctor she was? She said what made me think she was a doctor and not a nurse. Apparently everyone thinks she’s a nurse. I said because you are Indian, I just knew she pushed for the doctor role. ( I’m not sure if that’s a goods way to word that?)

i love to meet people from other countries and learn about them and their culture since I can’t travel to their country. Most if not all cultures are more friendly than Americans. I have met people who will invite you in, sit you down and feed you and they don’t even know why you are there! I learn a lot about hospitality from foreigners.

2 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

How do you think he's a threat to the republic? I'm a republican, I have not voted for Trump nor do I plan to this fall. But a threat to the republic? Really? That's laughable.

Then why do other republicans feel that way? You didn’t hear what trump said to “Christian’s” he was talking to?

16 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

He tried to overthrow a free and fair election.

He talks highly of authoritarians like Kim Jong Un, Vladimir Putin, Xi and Viktor Orban.  You never hear him lauding lions of democracy like Lincoln, Churchill or Reagan.

He sided with Vladimir Putin over our intelligence agencies.

His campaign took a meeting with Russians who suggested they had dirt on Hillary Clinton.

He has talked about suspending the Constitution

He took money from the DOD to fund his wall after Congress specifically did not apprpriate money for the wall.

He tried to extort another country into announcing and investigation into his political rival.

He thinks he should have absolute immunity.

Edited by Scraps

2 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

I appreciate your family’s story and have a lot of respect for it. I can’t imagine how hard it would be to pick up and move to another country and start over. Amazing people! I have also come to appreciate Indian people and culture. I am a flooring contractor and have done a lot of jobs for them. Extremely smart people. Value education greatly. The ones I meet are all doctors, lawyers, engineers etc. The last time I did a job for an Indian couple the wife came home in her scrubs (while I was working). I asked her what kind of doctor she was? She said what made me think she was a doctor and not a nurse. Apparently everyone thinks she’s a nurse. I said because you are Indian, I just knew she pushed for the doctor role. ( I’m not sure if that’s a goods way to word that?)

i love to meet people from other countries and learn about them and their culture since I can’t travel to their country. Most if not all cultures are more friendly than Americans. I have met people who will invite you in, sit you down and feed you and they don’t even know why you are there! I learn a lot about hospitality from foreigners.

Yes I owe a lot to them, making the difficult decision to leave family, friends and familiarity behind.  They knew a few people in Rochester so they weren't all alone, and more Indians they knew and didn't came to Rochester to create a huge community, but it was still daunting.  But they made a conscious decision to assimilate so that others wouldn't feel they were too foreign and because we were going to be here for the rest of our lives.

And yes, back then parents pushed you to be a doctor or engineer, not so much lawyer.  Education was important and so was family.  It still is but doing anything to make a good living, like owning a business, is encouraged now.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

Then why do other republicans feel that way? You didn’t hear what trump said to “Christian’s” he was talking to?

In what way is he a threat to the republic?

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

He talks highly of authoritarians like Kim Jong Un, Vladimir Putin, Xi and Viktor Orban.  You never hear him lauding lions of democracy like Lincoln, Churchill or Reagan.

He sided with Vladimir Putin over our intelligence agencies.

His campaign took a meeting with Russians who suggested they had dirt on Hillary Clinton.

He has talked about suspending the Constitution

He took money from the DOD to fund his wall after Congress specifically did not apprpriate money for the wall.

He tried to extort another country into announcing and investigation into his political rival.

He tried to T a free and fair election.

All this sounds like politics that we've experienced over my lifetime (65 yrs).

I don't understand the threat

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

In what way is he a threat to the republic?

All this sounds like politics that we've experienced over my lifetime (65 yrs).

I don't understand the threat

Name one President that tried to overturn an election after it was certified.

How many times was the Capitol sacked?  The War of 1812 by the British and Jan 6 2021.

Edited by Scraps

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

Hillary continues to say the 16 election was 

Hillary conceded the election.  Complaining that the person who got the most votes didn't win the election actually has a democratic basis to it.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes I owe a lot to them, making the difficult decision to leave family, friends and familiarity behind.  They knew a few people in Rochester so they weren't all alone, and more Indians they knew and didn't came to Rochester to create a huge community, but it was still daunting.  But they made a conscious decision to assimilate so that others wouldn't feel they were too foreign and because we were going to be here for the rest of our lives.

And yes, back then parents pushed you to be a doctor or engineer, not so much lawyer.  Education was important and so was family.  It still is but doing anything to make a good living, like owning a business, is encouraged now.

You still in the Rochester area? 

I wish my family pushed education. When I was in high school I knew college was not an option, no way my dad would give me a dime for it. I had to work and went to college later in life. As it turns out I hated being in an office and ended up as a contractor anyway. But I love meeting people. I meet different people everyday, was in different house almost daily. I liked 99% of the people I met and would work hard and try to do as good as a job as I could for them. Like I said that is how I came to appreciate Indian people. Beautiful people!

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Name one President that tried to overturn an election after it was certified.

How many times was the Capitol sacked?  The War of 1812 by the British and Jan 6 2021.

What do you think the Russian collusion thing was about?  You don't think that if they succeeded they wouldn't have thrown both Trump and Pence out?

And when did Trump say to break into the Capitol?  Meanwhile Pelosi was warned about people trying to break into the Capitol and refused additional security, even admitting it was he fault.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

What do you think the Russian collusion thing was about?  You don't think that if they succeeded they wouldn't have thrown both Trump and Pence out?

And when did Trump say to break into the Capitol?  Meanwhile Pelosi was warned about people trying to break into the Capitol and refused additional security, even admitting it was he fault.

I think there was good reason to investigate possible collusion between Trump and Russia.  If it was proven, I would have no problem throwing him out.  You would continue to support him?

There was no reason to hold a rally on Jan 6.  He had lost.  Never before was so much security required for a ceremonial counting of the electoral votes.

Just now, 4th&long said:

You still in the Rochester area? 

I wish my family pushed education. When I was in high school I knew college was not an option, no way my dad would give me a dime for it. I had to work and went to college later in life. As it turns out I hated being in an office and ended up as a contractor anyway. But I love meeting people. I meet different people everyday, was in different house almost daily. I liked 99% of the people I met and would work hard and try to do as good as a job as I could for them. Like I said that is how I came to appreciate Indian people. Beautiful people!

No but my mother and several relatives still are.  I actually grew up in Pittsford so training camp used to be a great time to visit.  Not anymore since I haven't been able to get tickets the past 2 years.

As for education, it's important but not the be all end all.  I think it's a mistake to try and get everyone to go to college.  Going into a trade is a great thing as well.  Whatever you need to do to support yourself +/- a family.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Hillary conceded the election.  Complaining that the person who got the most votes didn't win the election actually has a democratic basis to it.

To this day Hillary is calling trump an illegitimate president. You've got the buffalo head guy. I think these elected US senators were worse and a much greater threat.

Edited by Pokebball