Turn Down The Temperature?

31 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

I agree there are lunatics on both sides but the lunatic on your side just tried to kill a Presidential nominee.

And yours tried to kidnap the governor of Michigan sooo

30 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Childish. Please don’t be a Tiberius. One of him is enough. 

Do you have a fetish for paternalism by chance?

• Eyeroll 1

31 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

I agree there are lunatics on both sides but the lunatic on your side just tried to kill a Presidential nominee.

The registered Republican?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

No. Just a distaste for unhinged idiocy. Can’t you make your points without the overwrought dramatics? 

Got to use my AP English experience somehow 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

You are more adept with the language than your equally hysterical ideological doppelgänger. Credit where it’s due.

Carry on!

One day, one of y’all will post something about King Lear. And I’ll spring into action!

33 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Great point. Anybody have a similar compilation of Republican Senators and Representatives doing the same? If not then I guess we know which leadership group is fanning the flames of hostility and violence.

Yes, I posted it yesterday. You are going to make me find my post sit tight.

22 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

One day, one of y’all will post something about King Lear. And I’ll spring into action!

Austin Powers Nerd GIF

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Great point. Anybody have a similar compilation of Republican Senators and Representatives doing the same? If not then I guess we know which leadership group is fanning the flames of hostility and violence.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

She says "we're just going to continue to denounce violence and the President is going to be very forceful about that."

The question from the reporter - “will the ‘threat to democracy’ phrasing be replaced?”. In KJP’s answer I didn’t hear a lowering of the temperature as it relates to ‘threat to democracy’. Did you?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Beyond the Whitmer Fednapping being fake, even it were real that's not the issue in this thread.

This thread is about elected leaders and media using reckless inappropriate language.

If I wanted to counter activist violence I'd begin with say the BLM activist who murdered five cops in Dallas, or antfa who firebombed an NYC police car, or the Trump supporter murdered in cold blood in the streets of Portland,  or the federal court house in Portland that was firebombed and attacked for a month.

Yes, that's where I'd start.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

The question from the reporter - “will the ‘threat to democracy’ phrasing be replaced?”. In KJP’s answer I didn’t hear a lowering of the temperature as it relates to ‘threat to democracy’. Did you?

The answer of continuing to point out their policy differences while being forceful about denouncing violence seems to have a cumulative value of lowering the temperature, at most just remaining the same. 

What specifically did you hear that was "raising the temperature"?

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

Beyond the Whitmer Fednapping being fake, even it were real that's not the issue in this thread.

This thread is about elected leaders and media using reckless inappropriate language.

If I wanted to counter activist violence I'd begin with say the BLM activist who murdered five cops in Dallas, or antfa who firebombed an NYC police car, or the Trump supporter murdered in cold blood in Portland,  or the federal court house in Portland that was firebombed and attacked for a month.

Yes, that's where I'd start.

I still have no idea why anyone would want to kidnap that nobody Whitmer.  Of all the people to kidnap, she'd be at the bottom.

Just now, Doc said:

I still have no idea why anyone would want to kidnap that nobody Whitmer.  Of all the people to kidnap, she'd be at the bottom.

When the Feds and informants outnumber the actual "kidnappers" in the conspiracy, I'd say the FBI wanted her "kidnapped"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1