Bills, Steelers joint practice on August 15

6 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

This just made the preseason game pointless unless you are interested in seeing mitch trubisky throw to the new wr crew.

All these teams that hold joint practices basically do even less in the preseason matchup.  Not that it matters.

Except not Pittsburgh. He's not quite John Harbaugh but Mike Tomlin treats preseason games like they're the Super Bowl

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/15/2024 at 5:51 PM, US Egg said:

LOL, and presumably that was Antonio Brown, maxing out his brain power and mixing it up with Kyle Williams.  

Too bad that one didn't escalate, it would have been fun watching Kyle snap Brown in half like a twig.  

Edited by PBF81

Joint practices to me are dumb due to the fact that they always lead to unnecessary hits and fights that break out at these things. Hopefully McDermott and Tomlin's relationship together will keep this from getting out of hand.

22 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I went to this same joint practice at Steelers camp years ago (Marrone era).  Easier for Bills fans to go to this than to St. John Fisher. It’s just open fields and endless space and parking at Steelers camp. 

Just like Fredonia back in the day. No shuttle bus needed. You could catch players walking to the camp from the dorms.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Steelers bullied us in pre-season last year. 

It honestly seemed like they had game planned some, which is crazy. What do you gain when everyone else is running basic stuff?

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, PBF81 said:

LOL, and presumably that was Antonio Brown, maxing out his brain power and mixing it up with Kyle Williams.  

Too bad that one didn't escalate, it would have been fun watching Kyle snap Williams in half like a twig.  

why would Kyle snap his other half like a twig?  🤪

On 7/15/2024 at 2:46 PM, CSBill said:

Look for the camp headline news on August 16, "Bills and Steeler Tussle At Camp"

Funny, but I doubt it.  McD and Tomlin go way back and I'm sure there's a gentleman's agreement not to let things get out of hand.

3 hours ago, eball said:

Funny, but I doubt it.  McD and Tomlin go way back and I'm sure there's a gentleman's agreement not to let things get out of hand.

Just no meaningless injuries.

You can't wrap players in bubblewrap, but knocking on wood.

May be a great opportunity to decide on players on both squads that are on the bubble vs different competition.

On 7/15/2024 at 3:20 PM, Gugny said:

I hope there’s a bunch of fights and multiple players on both sides get suspended and/or miss weeks due to fight-related injuries. 

Fights at joint practices are almost a guarantee 

On 7/15/2024 at 3:55 PM, MikePJ76 said:

This just made the preseason game pointless unless you are interested in seeing mitch trubisky throw to the new wr crew.

All these teams that hold joint practices basically do even less in the preseason matchup.  Not that it matters.

I wouldn't travel for it, but backup QB against his former team in the preseason?  Could be fun.  

About as compelling as these preseason games get. 

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

On 7/16/2024 at 1:31 PM, buffblue said:

It honestly seemed like they had game planned some, which is crazy. What do you gain when everyone else is running basic stuff?

They also had an edge. We looked like we were at OTAs.