College Football '25 release day

Logic

Well, today's the big day.

Folks have been waiting a decade for another college football video game to come out, and today it finally does.

Anyone grabbing this thing and shirking all other life obligations?

Gonna turn Old Dominion into a dynasty? Bring Appalachian State to five consecutive championships? Run the Wishbone 20 times in a row as a single tear of joy rolls down your cheek?

Who's doin this thang?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/15/2024 at 2:10 PM, Logic said:

Well, today's the big day.

Folks have been waiting a decade for another college football video game to come out, and today it finally does.

Anyone grabbing this thing and shirking all other life obligations?

Gonna turn Old Dominion into a dynasty? Bring Appalachian State to five consecutive championships? Run the Wishbone 20 times in a row as a single tear of joy rolls down your cheek?

Who's doin this thang?

Logic, I am really am annoyed that they don't have a One X version.  With Madden they have Series X/S and One X and I can just move between the basement and the main floor (main floor has the One X).  

Basement is usually just for multiplayer with the gaming geezers, so the X is there and I really don't want to move it up and down.

That said, yes, I am getting it and still likely getting the bundle.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Logic, I am really am annoyed that they don't have a One X version.  With Madden they have Series X/S and One X and I can just move between the basement and the main floor (main floor has the One X).  

Basement is usually just for multiplayer with the gaming geezers, so the X is there and I really don't want to move it up and down.

That said, yes, I am getting it and still likely getting the bundle.

Yeah...based on what I read on Twitter, the amount of -- shall we say -- OLDER gamers who were excitedly waiting for CFB25 to come out and found out within a few days of release that their console doesn't support it was... fairly enormous. 

Lots of 39-year-olds emergency buying XBox X/S and PS5s all over the country this week, much to the chagrin of their spouse.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not a big gamer but I bought it yesterday, mostly for nostalgia purposes.   A lot like Madden where the gap between the "Pro" and "All Pro" gameplay settings is way too wide.   

I was about to ask people for their thoughts so far.  Thank you, North.

I have a soft spot for this one going back to the last time I played as in one of the last versions I still believe you could play as the Canisius Golden Griffins.  

...I would honestly pay to be able to play as the Griffs again, and not as a mock up, but with the real uniform.

For now I get to play as the Bulls, so horns up.

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah...based on what I read on Twitter, the amount of -- shall we say -- OLDER gamers who were excitedly waiting for CFB25 to come out and found out within a few days of release that their console doesn't support it was... fairly enormous. 

Lots of 39-year-olds emergency buying XBox X/S and PS5s all over the country this week, much to the chagrin of their spouse.

Logic, I don't even want to tell you what was running through my head the last 24 hours to "adjust" the main floor living room's viewing experience...and my wife most certainly doesn't want to hear it, either!

😂

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

I was about to ask people for their thoughts so far.  Thank you, North.

I have a soft spot for this one going back to the last time I played as in one of the last versions I still believe you could play as the Canisius Golden Griffins.  

...I would honestly pay to be able to play as the Griffs again, and not as a mock up, but with the real uniform.

For now I get to play as the Bulls, so horns up.

Using the Bulls as well.  Played a bit in dynasty mode.   Do you recall coach mode in Madden back in the day?  Would like that ability on dynasty.   Between recruiting and having to play the actual game it's too time consuming.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Using the Bulls as well.  Played a bit in dynasty mode.   Do you recall coach mode in Madden back in the day?  Would like that ability on dynasty.   Between recruiting and having to play the actual game it's too time consuming.

North, I am telling you don't get me started.  The modes have changed in Madden so much (and they seem to love what the have now) that I would love to go back to a day where "Franchise" or "Dynasty" were just a simple "here you go, start playing and enjoy."

Now you have to make it a career to set up before you get going.  

If I were King for a day, brother, the things I would change...starting first and foremost with Sim football!