Thomas Matthew Crooks

JUST IN: Thomas Crooks took out a rangefinder which was noticed by a sn*per before the rally before he "disappeared" and returned with a backpack.  

Let me say that again: Sn*pers saw Crooks pull out a **rangefinder** to calculate the distance to the target and still didn't stop him.

According to CBS News, sn*pers observed Crooks checking out the structure, taking out a rangefinder, and later returning with a backpack.

Local law enforcement says Crooks kept "disappearing" before he climbed on the roof.

"One of the sn*pers inside saw Thomas Matthew Crooks outside and looking up at the roof, observing the building..." CBS reported.

"Crooks came back, sat down and looked at his phone. At that point, one of the sn*pers took a picture of him. Crooks took out a rangefinder and the sn*per radioed to the command post."

"Crooks disappeared again and then came back a third time with a backpack. The sn*pers called in with information that he had a backpack and said he was walking towards the back of the building."

Officers now think Crooks used an air conditioning unit to get on the roof.

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, harmonkillebrew said:

Just saying, the conspiracies can but both ways. If you want to dabble in that.

Turns out securing the building and roof were the responsibility of the local police. Obviously, the Trump campaign struck a deal with the local police to give the shooter access to the roof to set up the fake assassination attempt (after all shooter was a registered Republican and noted right winger). He was supposed to miss by a good deal more, but obviously got too close for comfort. Nonetheless, mission accomplished. Make America Great Again!

(I'm being sarcastic, in case you need that spelled out for you)

I'd be so much more conspiratorial if human beings weren't so darn incompetent in general.  Total failure by local law enforcement and the FBI.  There needs to be firings because the bullet was inches away from blowing Trump's brain out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Problem with conspiracies is there’s just too many people that gotta eat. 

I think people prefer to generate conspiracies rather come to grips with the truth which in this case is the people assigned the responsibility for protecting a Presidential candidate and former President, those we've been told and expect are the best of the best, acted with such a high degree of incompetence that it borders on negligence.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'd be so much more conspiratorial if human beings weren't so darn incompetent in general.  Total failure by local law enforcement and the FBI.  There needs to be firings because the bullet was inches away from blowing Trump's brain out.

The challenge beyond that is the govt fixation on avoiding transparency at all costs.  When you consider there are still unknown from the Kennedy assassination 61 years ago, what is the likelihood the Biden admin provides a truthful accounting of what happened?  Given the state of his campaign, his mental state,  lights out by 8 approach to leadership, and the fact that the target was his hated opponent, it’s probably more natural than not to consider a conspiracy in play.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The challenge beyond that is the govt fixation on avoiding transparency at all costs.  When you consider there are still unknown from the Kennedy assassination 61 years ago, what is the likelihood the Biden admin provides a truthful accounting of what happened?  Given the state of his campaign, his mental state,  lights out by 8 approach to leadership, and the fact that the target was his hated opponent, it’s probably more natural than not to consider a conspiracy in play.  

Avoiding transparency at all costs. That is a simple yet very insightful conclusion regarding the basic operating principles of our government. Provide the minimum required amount of information or facts and stonewall any attempts to provide further details. 

I should add, then moan and groan that malcontents are spreading conspiracies!

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Avoiding transparency at all costs. That is a simple yet very insightful conclusion regarding the basic operating principles of our government. Provide the minimum required amount of information or facts and stonewall any attempts to provide further details. 

I should add, then moan and groan that malcontents are spreading conspiracies!

Oh, I’m simple, Jack. Everyone says so! 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

There were cops inside the building while the shooter was on the roof? Strange

Amen. Cops should just blindly shoot into a roof because they heard a person say something.

SMH

16 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Amen. Cops should just blindly shoot into a roof because they heard a person say something.

SMH

Maybe put the donut down and go have a look?

Everyone is going to be disappointed.  Just another scrawny disaffected socially awkard kid who got bullied in high school. Found an idenity in guns and instead of the next Uvalde, Florida, Texas, Buffalo, Colorado, Connecticut light up of his old school or store....went to the rally to make his splash. Probably not politically focused at all.

Edited by TH3
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, TH3 said:

Everyone is going to be disappointed.  Just another scrawny disaffected socially awakard kid who got bullied in high school. Found an idenity in guns and instead of the next Uvalde, Florida, Texas, Buffalo, Colorado, Connecticut light up of his old school or store....went to the rally to make his splash. Probably not politically focused at all.

There's a pattern here. And unfortunately this kid fits it perfectly.

• Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Everyone is going to be disappointed.  Just another scrawny disaffected socially awkard kid who got bullied in high school. Found an idenity in guns and instead of the next Uvalde, Florida, Texas, Buffalo, Colorado, Connecticut light up of his old school or store....went to the rally to make his splash. Probably not politically focused at all.

If it’s not politically focused at all how do you explain targeting a former president not the current one? Targeting a sitting President would have had more splash wouldn’t you agree?

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

If it’s not politically focused at all how do you explain targeting a former president not the current one? Targeting a sitting President would have had more splash wouldn’t you agree?

The rally was in his backyard. Just my hunch.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TH3 said:

The rally was in his backyard. Just my hunch.

“ instead ofthe next Uvalde, Florida, Texas, Buffalo, Colorado, Connecticut light up of his old school or store....went to the rally to make his splash.”

So your argument is the Wack Job wanted to make his splash, it wasn’t political he just wanted to go out famous just not that famous because DC is an additional 3 hr drive? 

That’s what your going with?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

“ instead ofthe next Uvalde, Florida, Texas, Buffalo, Colorado, Connecticut light up of his old school or store....went to the rally to make his splash.”

So your argument is the Wack Job wanted to make his splash, it wasn’t political he just wanted to go out famous just not that famous because DC is an additional 3 hr drive? 

That’s what your going with?

I mean....it could have been a hunting accident.

I am not trying to drive a flag into a hillside and make a stand. He just sounds like every other mass shooter 20 year old bullied kid who got into guns that filled a  void in his soul and went out shot something up to ...I dunno ...get back at the society and structure that treated him so poorly? 

Maybe that is all there is to it....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, TH3 said:

I am not trying to drive a flag into a hillside and make a stand. He just sounds like every other mass shooter 20 year old bullied kid who got into guns that filled a  void in his soul and went out shot something up to ...I dunno ...get back at the society and structure that treated him so poorly? 

I think you just don’t want it to be politically motivated because if it is then yourself and many like you have to take a look inside and realize how much of a lunatic you all have sounded, I mean I’m sure it was fun for you but it’s like being at party and the dumb guy is doing dumb stuff and you all laugh until that dumb guy gets seriously hurt or killed. Then it’s serious. Then the excuses come. Like yours.

Past several years, Oh Trump is evil,a dictator,the end of democracy, Trump needs to be stopped at all costs…..then when a crazy believes the crazy talk it becomes oh well …..maybe it wasn’t politically motivated. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, TH3 said:

It is a human tendency to try to find some sense - even some corrupt, evil sense, like a bargain basement coup attempt - in any tragedy.

But we need to remember that very often the simplest answer is the correct one.

• Like (+1) 1