Thomas Matthew Crooks

10 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

My mother had Parkinson's disease and as she drifted deeper and deeper into dementia this was her favorite movie she watched again and again.

• Eyeroll 1

Oh great, they want to give shooters more privacy, good call Waldo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/07/21/tracing-trump-rally-gun-atf-closed-business-records/

Soon after a Secret Service sniper killed the man who attempted to assassinate Donald Trump, officers grabbed the AR-style weapon by the shooter’s body and started to record its make, model and any details they could glean.

Sign up for Fact Checker, our weekly review of what's true, false or in-between in politics.

The young man carried no ID. If the gun was purchased legally from a licensed dealer, law enforcement officials hoped to use the serial number etched onto the side of the weapon to figure out who he was.

They were able to do so in about 30 minutes, federal law enforcement officials said in a statement. The search used sale records from an out-of-business gun store that the government is required to collect — but which Republican lawmakers and the gun lobby would like to place off-limits.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Reliable media and Hollywood. 

As someone who was 5 miles from Dealy Plaza in 1963, I have never watched the Oliver Stone movie and never will.  I predicted at the time that people who saw the movie and didn't know much about it would view it as what really happened. And now my prediction has been proven true.

The Kevin Costner character is based on Jim Garrison, a doofus DA who tried Clay Shaw for the assassination but failed to get a conviction. Great acting by Costner but not factual.

Its a freaking' movie yall.  Even Oliver Stone says it's not accurate.

Edited by reddogblitz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I'm still not seeing the problem with releasing the body to the family.  We know he was shot by law enforcement.  There were undoubtedly pictures taken and an autopsy performed.  Clay Higgins is a conspiracy nut.  What could he possibly add?