Thomas Matthew Crooks

27 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

I brought up him being bullied because my heart broke for him. I hate to hear those stories of kids being bullied. Maybe it’s part of what made him nuts. It happened to my friends son I mentioned last night. 

My older son was bullied briefly by his former best friend for a few years when he was around 12-13, so I empathize.  He toughed-it-out, wrote a Rotary Club prize-winning essay about it, ran for Freshman class President and won, and became friends with his bully again.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/16/2024 at 8:54 AM, Pokebball said:

The guy had no criminal record and yet the feds ID'd him in less than an hour using DNA. Begs the question where they got the DNA, doesn't it?

Good point. I was wondering about this too.  Maybe he voluntarily did one of those goofy DNA Ancestry tests?

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Good point. I was wondering about this too.  Maybe he voluntarily did one of those goofy DNA Ancestry tests?

i was under the impression the feds were longer allowed to use those sites to find criminals?  they were using it for years but then the rules got changed and i think it stoppped cause it was an invasion of privacy or something. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Their getting  an ID from DNA in an hour or so is  TV BS (like in CSI, NCIS, etc). I was a molecular  biologist and  the process of getting the DNA out of a tissue sample takes the good part of a day. The sequencing also takes about that long. A coupe of days  for any DNA sample at the minimum. 

I read that his parents  filed a  concern about him  disappearing  with a gun about him at about noon Saturday. That was how the traced him so fast.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Doc said:

My older son was bullied briefly by his former best friend for a few years when he was around 12-13, so I empathize.  He toughed-it-out, wrote a Rotary Club prize-winning essay about it, ran for Freshman class President and won, and became friends with his bully again.

Good for your son. Awesome that his story has a nice end. I love kids. If I was to do my career over I would have been a teacher.

26 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Their getting  an ID from DNA in an hour or so is  TV BS (like in CSI, NCIS, etc). I was a molecular  biologist and  the process of getting the DNA out of a tissue sample takes the good part of a day. The sequencing also takes about that long. A coupe of days  for any DNA sample at the minimum. 

I read that his parents  filed a  concern about him  disappearing  with a gun about him at about noon Saturday. That was how the traced him so fast.

You were a molecular biologist, wow, I was a marine biologist. "The sea was angry that day, my friend"

Sorry, couldn't resist with all the tv shows mentioned.

😁😉

• Haha (+1) 2

Didn’t they originally say the rifle was key in identifying him?  It was registered to his father and everything went into place from there, puzzle piece wise?

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Wacka said:

image.jpeg.d18b8fdebeb163ab828feae0f16b79f0.jpeg

16 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Well ….if he called someone stupid for liking Trump….can’t be all that crazy

• Vomit 1

16 hours ago, Doc said:

What do you mean what am I arguing about?  Why are you and others talking about him registering as a Repub then?  Why did you bring up him being bullied?  When all that you require is "he's just nuts"?  :rolleyes:

See…you and other MAGAS and the whole MAGA social world and media outlets are just conjecturing….looking for some invisible shred of an angle to make this fit your cult broken mind…..as opposed to discussing the facts….big difference

16 hours ago, Doc said:

What do you mean what am I arguing about?  Why are you and others talking about him registering as a Repub then?  Why did you bring up him being bullied?  When all that you require is "he's just nuts"?  :rolleyes:

See…you and other MAGAS and the whole MAGA social world and media outlets are just conjecturing….looking for some invisible shred of an angle to make this fit your cult broken mind…..as opposed to discussing the facts….big difference

35 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Your post above said he called a classmate stupid for supporting Trump.  Is that a fact?

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Your post above said he called a classmate stupid for supporting Trump.  Is that a fact?

According to the internet!

• Eyeroll 1

On 7/17/2024 at 9:45 AM, Doc said:

There were state primaries in 2022.

He didn't vote in the primaries.  The only record of him voting is in the midterms.

13 hours ago, Doc said:

If you listened to the classmate, he claimed Crooks hated all pols, Democrat and Republican alike.

22 hours ago, TH3 said:

There he is:

TH3 - ASSASSIN'S CREED

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1