Thomas Matthew Crooks

8 hours ago, 4th&long said:

Someone said earlier he might have just registered as a republican at 18 following in family footsteps. Obviously he didn’t follow his father into the Republican Party. Just trying to set the record straight. Mostly just speculation in here.

Oh didn’t realize you were referring to his voter registration information. A lot of people express libertarian points of view but still are registered with one of the two major parties.  

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Maybe he just sees Trump as one of the bullies. I mean he's a rapists, that's the ultimate form of bullying

So why not just kill the actual bullies from his school.  The people who actually bullied him.  Try again.

7 hours ago, 4th&long said:

No one is excusing him. 

but it is looking like this is an extremely troubled young man. I live in a small community. When my friends son was in school he was the second most picked on kid in school. The kid most picked on? Killed himself. My friends son is still pretty messed up by to this day, he’s in his mid 20’s

when I was reading what the shooters high school classmate was saying about how much he was picked on my heart broke for him. Kids are cruel, I’m glad I home schooled my kids! 

This you and I agree on.  My kids are home schooled as well.  I will admit to feeling absolutely sick for this kid and his family.   He did something absolutely awful.  That said he was a kid.    I wish he would have gotten the help he needed and lived his life.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

So why not just kill the actual bullies from his school.  The people who actually bullied him.  Try again.

I guess we don't get to ask him that

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

This you and I agree on.  My kids are home schooled as well.  I will admit to feeling absolutely sick for this kid and his family.   He did something absolutely awful.  That said he was a kid.    I wish he would have gotten the help he needed and lived his life.  

How far along in the process of home schooling are you? I started almost 20 years ago and I had family telling me I was nuts. Now they tell me I was ahead of the curve. 2 of my boys have graduated and 2 are in high school years and I see none of the problems in them I see in other kids. My wife did a great job!

Edited by 4th&long

30 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

How far along in the process of home schooling are you? I started almost 20 years ago and I had family telling me I was nuts. Now they tell me I was ahead of the curve. 2 of my boys have graduated and 2 are in high school years and I see none of the problems in them I see in other kids. My wife did a great job!

Seeing more and more going this route.  Look at Mrs Tillman in Chicago.  

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

It's not convoluted in the least.   It's a fairly well known practice.   

So this guy went from uregistered to registering as a Republican some 2 years ago just to vote against Trump in the primary this year?  That is a stretch.

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

It sounds like all this diversity and inclusion indoctrination being pushed and employed by academic geniuses in the educational system isn't working out too well in creating a desired progressive utopia. 

It's a noble pursuit trying to give everyone a fair chance.  But to push people into schools and jobs for which they are ill-equipped/wholly unqualified is just a disaster waiting to happen.

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

It sounds like all this diversity and inclusion indoctrination being pushed and employed by academic geniuses in the educational system isn't working out too well in creating a desired progressive utopia. 

So that is todays talking point from the right wing echo chamber?  Blame it on DEI?

Edited by Scraps
  • Eyeroll 1

37 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's a noble pursuit trying to give everyone a fair chance.  But to push people into schools and jobs for which they are ill-equipped/wholly unqualified is just a disaster waiting to happen.

Already has.

A lot of people on here seem to think registering for the "other party" in a closed primary state is a new thing. I first heard about it in 2008 but it likely was going on before that. Whether to screw Trump, or Clinton, or some down ballot person it has been happening broadly for at least 15 years.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Scraps said:

So that article wa written at the end of 2023 and this dude was savant enough to register as a fake Republican over 1 year earlier?  Sounds like a stretch.

Re-read what I wrote about them doing that for the primaries.  And again PA being a state that requires you to register for a party before you can vote.

4 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Already has.

Yup.

4 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

A lot of people on here seem to think registering for the "other party" in a closed primary state is a new thing. I first heard about it in 2008 but it likely was going on before that. Whether to screw Trump, or Clinton, or some down ballot person it has been happening broadly for at least 15 years.

I only heard of it back in 2022.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

So that article wa written at the end of 2023 and this dude was savant enough to register as a fake Republican over 1 year earlier?  Sounds like a stretch.

Right. The timing of that article is everything. 🤦🏼‍♂️

If you exclude all the leftists, including some of your ideological teammates here at PPP, that wish the bad orange man died Saturday, I can’t think of anyone that dislikes DJT enough to go to the trouble of voting against him in a primary. 

It’s neither here nor there. The kid had intent to do evil and whether through incompetence or malice, the secret service allowed him to do so. It would be nice if either Biden or the people actually making the decisions in DC took quick action against this level of incompetence. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Re-read what I wrote about them doing that for the primaries.  And again PA being a state that requires you to register for a party before you can vote.

Doesn't affect my skepticim in the least.  Claiming he mede this move more royughly 2 years before the prmaries for tat purpose is grasping at straws.

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Right. The timing of that article is everything. 🤦🏼‍♂️

If you exclude all the leftists, including some of your ideological teammates here at PPP, that wish the bad orange man died Saturday, I can’t think of anyone that dislikes DJT enough to go to the trouble of voting against him in a primary. 

It’s neither here nor there. The kid had intent to do evil and whether through incompetence or malice, the secret service allowed him to do so. It would be nice if either Biden or the people actually making the decisions in DC took quick action against this level of incompetence. 

There ain't much information that he was a lefty.  Nothing but pure specultion on your part.

• Eyeroll 1

53 minutes ago, Scraps said:

So this guy went from uregistered to registering as a Republican some 2 years ago just to vote against Trump in the primary this year?  That is a stretch.

You know pa has auto voter registration.  

https://www.wtae.com/article/pennsylvania-automatic-voter-registration-drivers-license-center/46595916

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Doesn't affect my skepticim in the least.  Claiming he mede this move more royughly 2 years before the prmaries for tat purpose is grasping at straws.

There were state primaries in 2022.