Thomas Matthew Crooks

Not a whole lot of info on the shooter here...just a lot of rocks being thrown from glass houses

Could people posting info use links to verified sources instead of random tweets with pictures?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Not a whole lot of info on the shooter here...just a lot of rocks being thrown from glass houses

Could people posting info use links to verified sources instead of random tweets with pictures?

Ahh, that’s been my crusade for several years here. Good luck!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

He was a registered Republican.  I know that in an inconvenient fact for you.

You continue to simply jump to the conclusion you want without any supporting evidence.  By your logic, John Hinckley's acts were purely political when they were in fact delusional.

You need to register with a party before you can vote in a primary in PA.  Recall that many Dems were told to vote for Trump-backed candidates.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

You need to register with a party before you can vote in a primary in PA.  Recall that many Dems were told to vote for Trump-backed candidates.

Yawn.  When facts get in the way, come up with some convoluted conspiracy.

Seems like there should be some kind of political trail somewhere, unless of course he was just some kind of attention seeking lunatic.

Edited by Scraps
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Seems like there should be some kind of political trail somewhere, unless of course he was just some kind of nut in need of attention.

You have to be a special kind of stupid to think a young person is going to register Republican and hold Republican values and hate Donald Trump when Trump IS the Republican Party and has been for almost a decade.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

That is a very specific political way to rationalize his actions. If other rumors of him not being a very politically involved person are true, then it can be more simple than that. Day one of being eligible to vote at 18 a lot of people register along the same party lines as their family. He could have checked the Republican box just simply because that’s what his parents were. Over 2+ years from then, who knows how he developed, what his influences were, and what kind of person he became. In any event, something lead him to be a very sick individual.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Seems like there should be some kind of political trail somewhere, unless of course he was just some kind of attention seeking lunatic.

Hardly convoluted.  This was a well-known phenomenon for the 2022 mid-terms. 

Now if he had taken a shot at a Dem, it wouldn't hold water.

22 minutes ago, Beast said:

You have to be a special kind of stupid to think a young person is going to register Republican and hold Republican values and hate Donald Trump when Trump IS the Republican Party and has been for almost a decade.

What if he's nuts?

Did you guys actually read anything or just come here with your theories? 

from some articles I read, his dad it’s a libertarian.

This kid was picked on so bad in high school they called him “the school shooter”. Picked on relentlessly.

9 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

This kid was picked on so bad in high school they called him “the school shooter”. Picked on relentlessly.

It's a shame that happened.  But no excuse for what he did.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Who here is excusing him?  I haven't seen anybody do that.

I think the point being made is that some of you are insisting force fitting a rational explanation onto an irrational person.  

30 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

If he was bullied during high school into becoming a presidential assassin, then what does his dad being a libertarian have to do with anything?

Edited by rusty shackleford

33 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

If he was bullied during high school into becoming a presidential assassin, then what does his dad being a libertarian have to do with anything?

Someone said earlier he might have just registered as a republican at 18 following in family footsteps. Obviously he didn’t follow his father into the Republican Party. Just trying to set the record straight. Mostly just speculation in here.

56 minutes ago, Doc said:

No one is excusing him. 

but it is looking like this is an extremely troubled young man. I live in a small community. When my friends son was in school he was the second most picked on kid in school. The kid most picked on? Killed himself. My friends son is still pretty messed up by to this day, he’s in his mid 20’s

when I was reading what the shooters high school classmate was saying about how much he was picked on my heart broke for him. Kids are cruel, I’m glad I home schooled my kids! 

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Wow.  Just wow.  

Why does this deserve a "wow"?  He isn't "featured.  He is background, if you actually read the article.

6 hours ago, 4th&long said:

No one is excusing him. 

but it is looking like this is an extremely troubled young man. I live in a small community. When my friends son was in school he was the second most picked on kid in school. The kid most picked on? Killed himself. My friends son is still pretty messed up by to this day, he’s in his mid 20’s

when I was reading what the shooters high school classmate was saying about how much he was picked on my heart broke for him. Kids are cruel, I’m glad I home schooled my kids! 

It sounds like all this diversity and inclusion indoctrination being pushed and employed by academic geniuses in the educational system isn't working out too well in creating a desired progressive utopia. 

• Shocked 1

8 hours ago, rusty shackleford said:

Maybe he just sees Trump as one of the bullies. I mean he's a rapists, that's the ultimate form of bullying

9 hours ago, Scraps said:

It's not convoluted in the least.   It's a fairly well known practice.   

54 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

It sounds like all this diversity and inclusion indoctrination being pushed and employed by academic geniuses in the educational system isn't working out too well in creating a desired progressive utopia. 

… you are trying too hard