Trump VP to be announced today

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Problem is he’s not a milk toast. He is smart, hugely ambitious, and will already be planning for his coronation in 2028. 

Well that's good . I know nothing about him and that's good to here i'm glad he isn't what i thought .

I personally would have rather had Vivek if for nothing else so the wing nuts here & other places can't use the race card thing, because now it will be the - He's a "White supremacist" one here has already said he would pick the white guy but he's one of the wing nuts of which i speak that is here .

And that's all we will here from him & others for the next 4 years if he pulls it off .

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, T master said:

Well that's good . I know nothing about him and that's good to here i'm glad he isn't what i thought .

I personally would have rather had Vivek if for nothing else so the wing nuts here & other places can't use the race card thing, because now it will be the - He's a "White supremacist" one here has already said he would pick the white guy but he's one of the wing nuts of which i speak that is here .

And that's all we will here from him & others for the next 4 years if he pulls it off .

Gee, I wonder why Trump passed over the guys with dark skin and picked the white guy who compared him to Hitler and said Trump voters were idiots.

Gee, interesting question

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Gee, I wonder why Trump passed over the guys with dark skin and picked the white guy who compared him to Hitler and said Trump voters were idiots.

Other than that (twice in a row), nobody has done more for the blacks since Lincoln. Maybe even including Lincoln.

• Eyeroll 1

29 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Other than that (twice in a row), nobody has done more for the blacks since Lincoln. Maybe even including Lincoln.

LBJ still has dibs on the next 40 years.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, JaCrispy said:

JD was not in my top 5…not sure how I feel about this, especially after he bashed Trump and supported Romney…time will tell…

If you love Trump, you will love JD up until about summer 2025, when he starts bashing Trump behind the scenes as he positions himself for 2028.

Choose a Veep who is in it for himself and you get a Veep who is in it for himself.

(That's why I hold out hope for our Ohio Hillbilly boy!)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

JD was not in my top 5…not sure how I feel about this, especially after he bashed Trump and supported Romney…time will tell…

It's like how I view the Coleman pick.  What's done and done and now just hope for the best.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

If you love Trump, you will love JD up until about summer 2025, when he starts bashing Trump behind the scenes as he positions himself for 2028.

Choose a Veep who is in it for himself and you get a Veep who is in it for himself.

(That's why I hold out hope for our Ohio Hillbilly boy!)

Huh?  Trump can't run again.  Why would Vance bash him behind the scenes when Vance will need him to campaign for him in 2028?

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's like how I view the Coleman pick.  What's done and done and now just hope for the best.

Huh?  Trump can't run again.  Why would Vance bash him behind the scenes when Vance will need him to campaign for him in 2028?

Vance will tack back hard to the old fashioned center-right. He's an investment banker/consultant/Yale J.D. (who else went there? could it be the Clintons?) type at heart. He'll find his own lane independent of Trump. Trump will be a BidenBrain by 2028.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Why accept that as a standard? "Hey, Kamala's the same way so it's fine." There are a number of candidates that DID NOT call Trump "America's Hitler." How about we get some politicians to represent us who aren't over-emotional exaggerators and flip-flopping ass-kissers.....

Just a thought.

Great in theory, but I’m pragmatic if nothing else.  The system is what it is, and you have to deal the hand dealt.  

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The heads of our country aren't people we and future generations can actually look up to as leaders.

Overrated imo.  I find much more satisfaction and joy from finding grace and leadership from people in my circle.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Vance will tack back hard to the old fashioned center-right. He's an investment banker/consultant/Yale J.D. (who else went there? could it be the Clintons?) type at heart. He'll find his own lane independent of Trump. Trump will be a BidenBrain by 2028.

Wait, where do you see Trump? 

And who is to say Trump will be like Biden by 2028?  Vance is no doctor or fortune-teller so it's highly doubtful he starts trashing Trump and making an enemy of him.  Never mind that even in BidenBrain's condition, if he were to drop out and let Kamala have the top spot, his endorsement of her would be worth something, no?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Now that I'm more informed on the situation, I think Trump already had the JD Vance crowd locked up. Doesn't really move the needle like pandering to the people of color, women, etc voters. Poor hicks in the middle of nowhere Ohio were already team Trump

Yup.  Hillbillies and rednecks were already sewn up.  He also had the ***** hunter clubs votes.  I'll bet he owns a beagle.

• Eyeroll 1

59 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Great in theory, but I’m pragmatic if nothing else.  The system is what it is, and you have to deal the hand dealt.  

Overrated imo.  I find much more satisfaction and joy from finding grace and leadership from people in my circle.  

I get that, but having real leaders as the face of our country and leader of the free world isn't overrated. It doesn't have to be either-or. Ideally, we could stop voting for imbeciles.

Edited by LeGOATski

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I get that, but having real leaders as the face of our country and leader of the free world isn't overrated. It doesn't have to be either-or. Ideally, we could stop voting for imbeciles.

Not overrated, just simply not practical to assume that’s an option.  

Stepping back a bit, SC Justice Brett Kavanaugh had a long and distinguished

career before being nominated for the SC.  The price he paid for his dedicated public service  was character association on a massive scale, designed to destroy him in the eyes of the country, his family, his wife and children.  His crime, of course was being conservative.  His chief accuser was Kamala Harris, and her reward was being selected as VP on the ticket.  I’ll happily acknowledge similar stories the other way, but this one comes to mind. 

Who, exactly are all these stalwarts of good and decent character who will expose their necks to the wolves at the door when there is quite literally no end to what they will be subjected to?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

10 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Romney HATES Vance. 

I preferred Youngkin and the pipe dream of DeSantis, but after them, I was good with either Rubio or Vance. 

Teamsters President loves Vance and Trump’s plan is to park JD in Pennsylvania, so we’ll see if that pays off. 

If Trump locks up PA, it’s over. 

12 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Well if true then you should be loving it because you have the same opinion right ? If he see's things through the same biased lens as you you'll love it even more that just goes with the territory in your world .