Trump VP to be announced today

Just now, Tiberius said:

Coup plotters suck, don't you agree? You support a person that undermines our Constitution for personal glory

Oh well.  You supported Biden and look where that got us...

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I guess anything is possible, if you're paranoid enough...

I think a lot of people have a rational concern for the violence building up in this country. And I honestly don't think we would actually get to a civil war.

Anything is possible though, for sure, and you always have to be considering the potential dangers of such a volatile political climate, such as it is right now.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I think a lot of people have a rational concern for the violence building up in this country. And I honestly don't think we would actually get to a civil war.

Anything is possible though, for sure, and you always have to be considering the potential dangers of such a volatile political climate, such as it is right now.

I want to say that I agree, but I legitimately have no idea what road we’d be going down if that bullet killed Trump. 

Not in the sense that we’d immediately be in a Civil War, but that there would be retribution and a slow slide into destabilization and eventually….

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Now that I'm more informed on the situation, I think Trump already had the JD Vance crowd locked up. Doesn't really move the needle like pandering to the people of color, women, etc voters. Poor hicks in the middle of nowhere Ohio were already team Trump

2 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

Oh look here is that hyperbolic messaging I was talking about

Vance called him hitler and trump picked him as his running mate. Does that make it ok for everyone else now?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

There is this essay from Jordan Schachtel that proclaimed Vance the right man for the moment:

I started as a critic of Senator J.D. Vance, only to become a great admirer of his political leadership in short order. Unlike his reported finalist peers for the VP nomination under Donald Trump, J.D. Vance is the right choice because he has demonstrated the character, morals, wisdom, and righteousness that is essential for a mission-oriented vice president of the United States. And yes, he has an inspiring, uniquely American story to tell. ...

In early 2020, at the beginning of the Covid hysteria era, Vance had initially taken an interest in the restrictionist camp of the lockdown divide, which brought some pointed online criticisms from yours truly.

Instead of looking away, Vance’s team immediately engaged on the issue in a thoughtful way, refusing to be rigidly bound by ideology or popularity contests. It would’ve been much easier for him to follow the trend, as politicians do. And those days were full of unknowns, and frank discussions about what we were facing and what to do about it. There were a million exit routes available, and to his great credit, he didn’t take any outs.

It only took days or weeks before Vance used his platform to take a leadership position on the Covid issue, but now, in the direction of protecting the rights of Americans whose businesses and neighborhoods were being steamrolled by the Fascists. The U.S. Marine veteran (who notoriously humbly refuses to bring up his service to our country during his political speeches) had demonstrated the ability to quickly gather information, react, and change course if necessary.

As Senator Vance, he authored and successfully passed critical legislation blocking government funding for mask mandates, in repeatedly taking measures to check government overreach on the Covid front.

He not only came full circle on the Covid issue, but his time in the Senate is rife with instances of J.D. Vance taking leadership positions on pro-American issues, using his seat of power to protect citizens from current and future attempts to mitigate our freedoms. We live in an America where our politicians seek to impose laws and policies that are extremely hostile to our most truly vulnerable communities. In the era of DEI, ESG, and other acronym ideals that trample upon working class families, Vance has made it his mandate to defend his constituents from further intrusions.

Since becoming a U.S. senator, J.D. Vance has been on the forefront on so many issues involving the preservation of liberty, within a chamber that is, sadly, commonly hostile to America’s founding ideals. So of course, some might be concerned that the Senate can’t afford to lose anymore Vance-like politicians.

{snip}

It shouldn’t come as a surprise why the man from Hillbilly Elegy has the respect and admiration of so many Americans, including President Trump. He doesn’t just talk the talk, but he walks the walk, and his tenure in the Senate proves that. Like Trump, he uniquely appeals, in his own way, to the “forgotten man” across America with his working class roots and “only in America” story. J.D. Vance presents tremendous upside, via a proven track record and an incredible personal story that will directly resonate with tens of millions of Americans, to a campaign that needs to pull off wins in midwestern swing states to secure the presidency. And unlike his VP “finalist” competitors, Vance is the only one who aligns with president Trump on both domestic and foreign policy.

J.D. Vance is the man for this moment, and he perfectly complements Donald Trump’s run for the presidency.

https://www.dossier.today/p/jd-vance-is-the-right-choice-for

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

One side almost had their candidate assassinated.  I think we're getting close.

1 minute ago, 4th&long said:

Can we hear from his college RA next?  Please?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I want to say that I agree, but I legitimately have no idea what road we’d be going down if that bullet killed Trump. 

I think we'd be going down a road of violent protests for sure, but not an actual war. There would need to be a comparable size of forces on both sides for anyone to seriously attempt anything. We don't have that nor do we have such a vulnerable governmental system.

And with the way all these politicians flip flop so easily, you'd have a ton of outraged civilians willing to go the distance, but no political representatives to support them.

8 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

So since you posted this you need to ask yourself a question.

1.) Do I actually believe this?

If you do actually believe this you are on a mental and emotional level of that whack job.

Is that really how you want people to see your mental and emotional status?

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

One side almost had their candidate assassinated.  I think we're getting close.

See above.

If Trump gets elected, it's definitely going to be interesting to see where things go. I believe in being prepared for anything.

Edited by LeGOATski

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

See above.

If Trump gets elected, it's definitely going to be interesting to see where things go. I believe in being prepared for anything.

It doesn't matter who it is.  As I keep saying, look at what they did to milquetoast Romney.  Their playbook is set.

18 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I think the only thing holding us together as a nation is football.  We can all agree on it and come together to cheer our team, without reference to political party

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Now that I'm more informed on the situation, I think Trump already had the JD Vance crowd locked up. Doesn't really move the needle like pandering to the people of color, women, etc voters. Poor hicks in the middle of nowhere Ohio were already team Trump

I don't know. I think this helps with younger voters and more moderate repubs (rinos)

1 minute ago, harmonkillebrew said:

I think the only thing holding us together as a nation is football.  We can all agree on it and come together to cheer our team, without reference to political party

I'll go to civil war with Miami fans at the drop of a feather.

2 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I don't know. I think this helps with younger voters and more moderate repubs (rinos)

I consider myself a moderate Republican and I don't think it helps at all. Youngkin would've been the right choice to bring moderates over. Isn't that how he won Virginia?

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I consider myself a moderate Republican and I don't think it helps at all. Youngkin would've been the right choice to bring moderates over. Isn't that how he won Virginia?

I'm also a moderate repub and I disagree. I do agree that Youngkin would have been better IMO