Trump VP to be announced today

Just now, 4th&long said:

Trump can’t think. He’s incapable. And he has to pick someone dumber than him.  Did Vance forget trump tried to have his last VP killed? Or did Vance pass the test. Trump-question “Will you stop the counting of the electors ballets next time which pence won’t do for me”?

Vance-“ Yes sir I’ll do whatever you order me to do. I’ll over throw the govt for you “! 

"Next time"?  You realize that Trump can't run again, right?  So Vance should be good.

33 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

It’s the highest IQ ticket maybe ever. 

Here is a NY Times piece on Vance’s wife:

….The daughter of Indian immigrants, Usha Chilukuri grew up in a San Diego suburb. Friends from her childhood and adolescence described her as a “leader” and a “bookworm.” Brainy, ambitious and pragmatic, she moved from an extracurricular-studded four years at Yale to a Gates Fellowship at Cambridge, where she moved in mostly liberal and left-wing circles. As of 2014, she was a registered Democrat.

She and Mr. Vance met at Yale Law School, and the pair were married in Kentucky in 2014, and blessed by a Hindu pundit in a separate ceremony.

Ms. Vance has played a quiet but significant role in her husband’s rise. At Yale, she helped Mr. Vance organize his ideas about social decline in rural white America, which formed the basis of his breakout memoir, “Hillbilly Elegy.” (In 2020, the book was adapted into a film directed by Ron Howard.)

And she made rare but well-choreographed appearances with Mr. Vance as he sought the Ohio Senate seat — including a Newsmax interview in which she seemed to contradict claims that her husband had taken on a populist message in order to succeed politically.

In an interview with “Fox & Friends” last month, Ms. Vance — who mostly stays out of the spotlight — sounded a note of ambivalence about the prospect of her husband running for the second highest office in the country.

“I’m not raring to change anything about our lives right now, but I believe in J.D., and I really love him, and so we’ll just sort of see what happens with our life,” she said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/15/style/usha-vance-jd-vance.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

Does Vance have a 220 iq?  You're trolling if you are saying Trump is smart.  He's an utter imbecile.   

Don't bother bringing up Joe.  I'm not claiming he's smart.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Tell us about Obama’s views on gay marriage in 2008 vs 2016 and further, Democrats views on what a woman is in 2018 vs 2024.  

I hope Vance says just that in his speech.  

Similar to another poster I was talking to earlier, you're justifying it by saying Democrats did the same thing.

Why are we okay this? Honestly.

Just now, Doc said:

"Next time"?  You realize that Trump can't run again, right?  So Vance should be good.

Yes I do. But you know he will try to overthrow the govt again. He tried to already, he needed a running mate who is willing to help him succeed.

49 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you are an idiot, go fly a kite stupid

Must be frustrating to be dumb, that you have to lash out at your betters

I understand these are difficult times tor you and your ilk. You've been on a serious losing streak with no end in site. And there's more coming. Get used to it. 

I remain steadfast in my assertion. You are a dick.

Loser.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4th&long said:

Yes I do. But you know he will try to overthrow the govt again. He tried to already, he needed a running mate who is willing to help him succeed.

He won't be able to be President anymore.  It won't be him on the top of the ticket.  You should be more worried about Vance trying anything if he should lose his bid.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Similar to another poster I was talking to earlier, you're justifying it by saying Democrats did the same thing.

Justifying what ?

Sen. Vance changing his mind, expanding his viewpoint ?

Wow are you struggling.

Meanwhile:

A native of Middletown, Ohio, Vance detailed his upbringing in his acclaimed 2016 memoir Hillbilly Elegy, which was later adapted into a film directed by Ron Howard. His family’s struggles with poverty and addiction, Vance has said on multiple occasions, informed his political journey.

From his humble roots in Ohio, Vance enlisted in the Marine Corps and matriculated from the Ohio State University. He graduated from Yale Law School in 2013.

Vance briefly worked at a white-shoe law firm before he began his career as a venture capitalist. Vance’s 2022 Senate race was his foray into politics and largely an insurgent campaign against more established Ohio political figures.

Bolstered by a primary endorsement from Trump, Vance secured the nomination with 32 percent of the vote. He would later defeat Rep. Tim Ryan (D., Ohio), whose campaign focused on winning back white working class voters, by more than 6 points.

During his brief tenure in the Senate, Vance has focused on economic populist measures such as revoking China’s most favored nation status and beefing up antitrust enforcement. A hardliner on immigration, Vance has been one of Trump’s biggest supporters in the Senate and one of his earliest endorsers in the 2024 presidential primary.

His message of economic nationalism could potentially assist Trump in the rust belt, which has a disproportionate share of white working class voters. Polls show Trump leading in most rust belt states, which would be his clearest path to victory.

President Joe Biden, meanwhile, urged Americans to "defeat Trump-Vance" in order to "protect democracy."

https://freebeacon.com/elections/trump-names-jd-vance-as-running-mate-cementing-ohioans-meteoric-rise/

What a monster.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm quite familiar with Appalachia.  Vance's Hillbilly Elegy was pretty accurate especially re generational poverty and self destruction.  So I don't get why he's become so trumpy.  His people are not going to benefit and he knows it.  He's no dummy to pull himself out of his situation.  Perhaps it embittered him.

Just now, Doc said:

He won't be able to be President anymore.  It won't be him on the top of the ticket.  You should be more worried about Vance trying anything if he should lose his bid.

You know he is going to try to stay in office, his ego is that big. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

Justifying what ?

Sen. Vance changing his mind, expanding his viewpoint ?

Wow are you struggling.

Meanwhile:

A native of Middletown, Ohio, Vance detailed his upbringing in his acclaimed 2016 memoir Hillbilly Elegy, which was later adapted into a film directed by Ron Howard. His family’s struggles with poverty and addiction, Vance has said on multiple occasions, informed his political journey.

From his humble roots in Ohio, Vance enlisted in the Marine Corps and matriculated from the Ohio State University. He graduated from Yale Law School in 2013.

Vance briefly worked at a white-shoe law firm before he began his career as a venture capitalist. Vance’s 2022 Senate race was his foray into politics and largely an insurgent campaign against more established Ohio political figures.

Bolstered by a primary endorsement from Trump, Vance secured the nomination with 32 percent of the vote. He would later defeat Rep. Tim Ryan (D., Ohio), whose campaign focused on winning back white working class voters, by more than 6 points.

During his brief tenure in the Senate, Vance has focused on economic populist measures such as revoking China’s most favored nation status and beefing up antitrust enforcement. A hardliner on immigration, Vance has been one of Trump’s biggest supporters in the Senate and one of his earliest endorsers in the 2024 presidential primary.

His message of economic nationalism could potentially assist Trump in the rust belt, which has a disproportionate share of white working class voters. Polls show Trump leading in most rust belt states, which would be his clearest path to victory.

President Joe Biden, meanwhile, urged Americans to "defeat Trump-Vance" in order to "protect democracy."

https://freebeacon.com/elections/trump-names-jd-vance-as-running-mate-cementing-ohioans-meteoric-rise/

What a monster.

This is by far the easiest "struggle" I've been in, if that's the case. 

Meanwhile, you struggle to copy and paste.

Soccer Fail GIF by College of Natural Sciences, UT Austin

Wait, that's right, Vance was endorsed by Trump in 2022.  Why is anyone surprised he'd accept the VP position?

2 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

Let me know when he seizes control of the military with people he appointed and are fully loyal to him.  Failing that, he can't stay in office.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Oh Doc, you think the silly Constitution will stop Trump from having a 3rd term

Face it Doc, you will support his run for a third term. You know that

5 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

Won't be long until the "Repeal the 22nd Amendment" movement gets going with the GOP base.

Hey, FDR won four times!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Does Vance have a 220 iq?  You're trolling if you are saying Trump is smart.  He's an utter imbecile.   

Don't bother bringing up Joe.  I'm not claiming he's smart.

So you must be claiming KH is smart? You got to be kidding

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Oh Doc, you think the silly Constitution will stop Trump from having a 3rd term

Face it Doc, you will support his run for a third term. You know that

Trump really is your boogeyman, isn't he? 

• Agree 2

GSjQKYcXUAADZ52-736x484.jpeg

It was an amazing decision! Trump hit it out of the park! Can you imagine a better pick?

Or: Everybody knew it was going to be Vance. What a letdown! 

Or: I knew it! Vance is the perfect successor to Trump and will excite the base and set the stage for another 12 years of MAGA rule after November!

Or: WHAT A BETRAYAL OF MAGA! Trump picked a RINO who attacked him in 2016 and the uniparty wins!

The truth is, no matter who Trump announced today, it would be exciting to some and a disappointment to others, and the choice will likely only have a marginal impact on the results this November. If that.

To most Americans, it will have little to no impact because V.P. choices don't matter, and even J.D. Vance is an unknown figure to them. A very select group of people know who he is, and few will care, for good or ill. Chances are that few people could name Mike Pence, and he was Vice President for four years. 

This election is all about Donald Trump and was always destined to be. He is a once-in-a-generation figure from whom people cannot look away for long. 

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2024/07/15/live-reaction-to-vp-pick-n3791841

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

That's Civil War. We joke about it now, but...

I guess anything is possible, if you're paranoid enough...

58 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They aren’t the same.  Vance’s thoughts about Trump 8 years ago mean almost nothing today and he’s already addressed it.  

Your opinion of someone can change over time that’s to be expected.  A lot has happened in 8 years.  I know plenty of people myself included that was skeptical about Trump in 2016.  

But your views on basic fundamental truths like I mentioned - having those change to meet the whims of your political party’s base are what’s actually gross.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Trump really is your boogeyman, isn't he? 

Coup plotters suck, don't you agree? You support a person that undermines our Constitution for personal glory

• Agree 1