Vikings WR Jordan Addison arrested for DUI

The first arrest was for speeding in a Lamborghini, and now he’s passed out on the side of the highway in a Rolls Royce. This guy sure knows how to flame out in style!  🔥 

What are the odds he’s filed bankruptcy within 5 years of retirement? Does Vegas have lines on these things? 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Who gets 10 years for one dui? If you hurt someone while drunk you get additional charges like manslaughter, vehicular homincide, etc. And what penalty are you talking about? He was just arrested. Weird comment. I hope you arnt driving right now...

Ruggs did something similar and his career is over. Addison might not even get a suspension. 

Yes lives matter and that will affect the jailtime and career.  But not suspending a player charged with DUI is weird to me... when the DUI part of the Ruggs situation is why he's out of the league.  The punishment is to discourage the behavior - so personally i think they SHOULD suspend players after DUI convictions.  

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

The first arrest was for speeding in a Lamborghini, and now he’s passed out on the side of the highway in a Rolls Royce. This guy sure knows how to flame out in style!  🔥 

What are the odds he’s filed bankruptcy within 5 years of retirement? Does Vegas have lines on these things? 

Lawyers are expensive and... they aren't cheaper because you're in the NFL.  If anything they probably know they can bill you extra.  

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

Starting to understand why Bills passed on him.  Liked him at Pitt. 

It could also be because the Vikings drafted him before the Bills first pick? ... You can't really "pass on him" if you do not have the opportunity to draft him

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

The probability of hurting somebody while driving intoxicated is the exact same for somebody who hurts someone and somebody who doesn't. Yet the charges are completely different. 

I would argue that the probability of something that has already occurred is greater than the probability of something that might occur.  Different charges for things that have happened vs things that could have happened seems appropriate.  

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Why are these idiots out driving when drinking in the first place?  Call an Uber...rent a limo...why risk a suspension or killing someone else to be an idiot?

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Jesus, asleep at the wheel is insane. Get an Uber or a driver man

12 hours ago, Low Positive said:

These guys are so dumb on so many levels. 

1) Call an UBER FFS

2) A few million dollars is not enough to buy a Rolls Royce and a Lambo. Buy a Mercedes or a 5 series and invest the rest. 

19 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I’ll never understand why a millionaire gets a DUI when they can just pay for an Uber or hire a full time driver. 

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If I can afford an Uber, so he can he.

He doesn't even have to "afford" it. The NFL has a program that provides private drivers for players that they can call anytime. In addition, teams often have their own similar programs. It can be used as much as a player wants at no cost to them. It will even take them back to get their vehicle or they can make arrangements to have their vehicle driven home for them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Malazan said:

He doesn't even have to "afford" it. The NFL has a program that provides private drivers for players that they can call anytime. In addition, teams often have their own similar programs. It can be used as much as a player wants at no cost to them. It will even take them back to get their vehicle or they can make arrangements to have their vehicle driven home for them.

Damn dude....this is a major F up.  

Some people don't have the ability to think inebriated.  I made this mistake a few times when I was in college and younger....just because I didn't want to pay $30 to get home and then have to figure out how to get your car in the morning.  As a dumb kid, you are willing to risk it.  But to have it all provided for you....come on dude.

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Jesus, asleep at the wheel is insane. Get an Uber or a driver man

Didn't that happen to Bruce Smith in Virginia Beach many years ago?  

As for Addison, 6-8 game suspension?  A lot of these young guys are really stupid.  I guess their parents don't really show them the way.  King Roger will have to take their place.  

33 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Damn dude....this is a major F up.  

Some people don't have the ability to think inebriated.  I made this mistake a few times when I was in college and younger....just because I didn't want to pay $30 to get home and then have to figure out how to get your car in the morning.  As a dumb kid, you are willing to risk it.  But to have it all provided for you....come on dude.

Correct.  The mistake is made when you choose to drive your automobile to a place where you know you are going to be drinking.  If I know I might have a drink or two, I leave the car at home and take an Uber or the trolley (here in SD).

• Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, Malazan said:

That's a good program. I didn't know about it. It is then even more baffling that players do not use this service. Couple of things - after drinking, the first thing to go is judgment so I like @TheBrownBear's post about not taking your car at all. Secondly, it indicates to me that players are really bored in the off season and need something to occupy their mind and body. 

3 hours ago, Allen2D̶i̶g̶g̶s̶TBD said:

How does he still have a license?

At least we don't have to worry about our rookie speeding. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Didn't that happen to Bruce Smith in Virginia Beach many years ago?  

Yeah, but he had a sleeping disorder. Just bad timing it happened on a 4AM drive.

When these guys buy a Rolls-Royce or a Lambo they just have to be seen getting out of it at the club. He'll probably make $50M+ in the NFL and be broke before age 45.

Edited by QCity

5 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

It could also be because the Vikings drafted him before the Bills first pick? ... You can't really "pass on him" if you do not have the opportunity to draft him

Duly noted though OBD has often traded up for a player too - as they did for Kincaid

Edited by freddyjj

5 hours ago, QCity said:

Yeah, but he had a sleeping disorder. Just bad timing it happened on a 4AM drive.

When these guys buy a Rolls-Royce or a Lambo they just have to be seen getting out of it at the club. He'll probably make $50M+ in the NFL and be broke before age 45.

Good point.  Noone is driving up to the Elbo Room on Fort Lauderdale beach in one of those.  Most get rides on turbo charged golf carts down Las Olas blvd.  Which can be a blast as long as you hold on tight.

On 7/15/2024 at 8:38 AM, Augie said:

Not even on the side of the highway.  Blocking a lane on the freewayl