CFL Games Available to US audience

Poleshifter

If you enjoy watching the CFL, most games will be available at https://www.cfl.ca/plus/

If the game is not shown on CBS-Sports network, it will be streamed at this site. There is no pausing or rewind available.

If you do not enjoy watching the CFL, please take your sour comments somewhere else. Thanks.

CFL Plus - streaming CFL games

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Don't drive up the viewer ratings!  Canadian Tire will be naming you in a lawsuit.  Higher viewership leads to inability of Canadian Tire stores to obtain strapping young men as warehouse clerks, assistant managers, and carryout staff.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Don't drive up the viewer ratings!  Canadian Tire will be naming you in a lawsuit.  Higher viewership leads to inability of Canadian Tire stores to obtain strapping young men as warehouse clerks, assistant managers, and carryout staff.

What does one have to with the other?

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

What does one have to with the other?

My often conjectured but unsubstantiated opinion that washout CFL players end up with jobs at Canadian Tire.  Better conditions and opportunities at CFL football deprives the retail sector of gainful employees. 😁

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

My often conjectured but unsubstantiated opinion that washout CFL players end up with jobs at Canadian Tire.  Better conditions and opportunities at CFL football deprives the retail sector of gainful employees. 😁

At least Canadian Tire is open. Unlike the LCBO...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Much like scrub NFL players that end up selling used cars or insurance

16 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Much like scrub NFL players that end up selling used cars or insurance

In the 60s, I recall one of the Bills doing sales rep appearances in grocery stores for beer.  Buy a 12, get an autograph picture.  Off season meant you went and got a job to fill out lean times.

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

In the 60s, I recall one of the Bills doing sales rep appearances in grocery stores for beer.  Buy a 12, get an autograph picture.  Off season meant you went and got a job to fill out lean times.

Sure, Paul Maguire and Mike Sestak owned a restaurant in Kenmore.

The great CB Butch Byrd worked as a mechanic at a Chrysler dealer.

Different times.

I like the fact that the CFL is not a bunch of millionaires.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for the information.

I have friends in Montreal that are Redblack fans.  This could be an excellent back up to watch should my Texas Rangers have a night they aren't on the schedule.

On 7/15/2024 at 6:39 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Orioles manager Earl Weaver married a women from Elmira when he was a manager here for O's AA team. came back in off season and sold cars for Elmira Chrysler Plymouth.

8 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Orioles manager Earl Weaver married a women from Elmira when he was a manager here for O's AA team. came back in off season and sold cars for Elmira Chrysler Plymouth.

If you didn't buy a car, he kicked dirt on you.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/13/2024 at 10:33 PM, Poleshifter said:

If you enjoy watching the CFL, most games will be available at https://www.cfl.ca/plus/

If the game is not shown on CBS-Sports network, it will be streamed at this site. There is no pausing or rewind available.

If you do not enjoy watching the CFL, please take your sour comments somewhere else. Thanks.

CFL Plus - streaming CFL games

Dude, thank you.  

I have randomly been watching CFL games since I was a kid going back more decades than I like to admit.

• Like (+1) 1

Regarding CFL, I miss the 'off the wall' style of play that seemed prevalent back in the 70s.  Only version of gridiron football that I have seen where a team quick kicked a punt on second down, receiving team fielded it, promptly kicked it back, at which point the original kicking team repunted it back. 🤔

Nowadays, the craziest league events are overpaying Chad Kelly, and Chad Kelly acting like a frat boy.  And nobody  better say "It's time to bring him home!"

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Regarding CFL, I miss the 'off the wall' style of play that seemed prevalent back in the 70s.  Only version of gridiron football that I have seen where a team quick kicked a punt on second down, receiving team fielded it, promptly kicked it back, at which point the original kicking team repunted it back. 🤔

There is weird rule that Montreal has discovered. The player kicks the ball forward at least one yard, retrieve it himself, and it resets to first down. Very strange, maybe a loophole in the rules.

I forget what they call the play, but Montreal RB Antwi has executed it successfully. It’s a fun league.

I mean you can mute the Canadian announcers but they still pan the crowds and there are hundreds of Canadians.  Nobody needs to see that.  And I think Celine Dion is the lead cheerleader for Montreal.  Gross.

10 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I mean you can mute the Canadian announcers but they still pan the crowds and there are hundreds of Canadians.  Nobody needs to see that.  And I think Celine Dion is the lead cheerleader for Montreal.  Gross.

If your father would have had $5 instead of $3, you might be Canadian, too. 🤨