Attempted Assassination on President Trump (x2)

16 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

You guys still talking about this staged event?

Duh…wouldn’t you, if the government tried to assassinate a former president?

Joe Biden didn’t drop out because he had Covid…he dropped out because the assassination attempt failed…That was his last chance…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Duh…wouldn’t you, if the government tried to assassinate a former president?

Joe Biden didn’t drop out because he had Covid…he dropped out because the assassination attempt failed…That was his last chance…

I like this crap you guys come up with.

3 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

LOL!  You did write this, didn't you:

39 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

You guys still talking about this staged event?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

And I’m sure you think Trump staged to have a bullet shot at his head…

I think my version is far more realistic, just based on history of the Feds trying to taking Trump out “at all costs”…👍

Edited by JaCrispy

17 hours ago, Tiberius said:

That was 100 years ago, and she was birth control advocate mostly. Eugenics was a Conservative ideology, not liberal 

She was arrested for saying women should be able to use birth control. The Conservatives loved Eugenics 

Trump is the one calling people "animals" 

Don't see Dems calling people that 

You’re crafting a narrative to fit your works view.  It’s been a hundred years, Tibs, and extreme views of the time have thankfully been replaced with more moderate views.  Sanger was a proponent of cleansing the human race of undesirable/irredeemables.  That some of the policies she promoted made sense in some shape or form doesn’t change that. 

9 hours ago, Doc said:

LOL!  You did write this, didn't you:

4th is like that old lady hanging off the front of the boat in Titanic—his heart is a deep ocean of contradiction. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

From planned parenthood's own website:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/who-we-are/our-history

The Dems are racist on a whole other level. That's diabolical stuff. Telling black people the other party is racist while meanwhile exterminating them with our tax dollars. Daaaamn!

She was a open communist that believed in abortion on demand.  

The women say quite frankly, in defending abortion, that if it is right for the State to take a child and kill it in wars, after it has been brought into the world, then it is equally just to assert the mother’s right to prevent its coming here. . . . This may sound cruel and inhuman to many of us in England and America who do not advocate abortions, but no one can refute its logic. It is a noteworthy fact that not one of the women to whom I have spoken so far believes in abortion as a practice; but it is principle for which they are standing. (MS, “Woman in Germany,”[Dec. 1920], 8.)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

She was a open communist that believed in abortion on demand.  

The women say quite frankly, in defending abortion, that if it is right for the State to take a child and kill it in wars, after it has been brought into the world, then it is equally just to assert the mother’s right to prevent its coming here. . . . This may sound cruel and inhuman to many of us in England and America who do not advocate abortions, but no one can refute its logic. It is a noteworthy fact that not one of the women to whom I have spoken so far believes in abortion as a practice; but it is principle for which they are standing. (MS, “Woman in Germany,”[Dec. 1920], 8.)

An easy cause for Dems to get behind and fund. They are scum

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You’re crafting a narrative to fit your works view.  It’s been a hundred years, Tibs, and extreme views of the time have thankfully been replaced with more moderate views.  Sanger was a proponent of cleansing the human race of undesirable/irredeemables.  That some of the policies she promoted made sense in some shape or form doesn’t change that. 

4th is like that old lady hanging off the front of the boat in Titanic—his heart is a deep ocean of contradiction. 

No, Sanger saw her mother wasting away raising too many children and had no control over her own body. Her main focus, far and away, was to make birth control legal. People fought her, imprisoned her and slandered her because of her stance on birth control. Push eugenics got the conservatives to listen to her, so she went that direction, but making birth control legal was her main goal. 

Trying to apply today's understandings of "Republican" and "Democrat" in a historical context is a fool's errand.

Eugenics: the most famous statement is the of the lion of Massachusetts, Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes - "three generations of imbeciles is enough." Holmes was appointed by Teddy Roosevelt, a Republican, and was, of course, a New England Republican himself. The case was Buck v. Bell, which came out of Virginia, then very much a Democratic controlled southern state.

You're just not going to find any modern day type distinction between "Democratic" and "Republican" positions.

It's not that different than what we see in foreign/military policy. Pre-WW2: Republican isolationism, Democratic projection of U.S. military force. Post-Nixon: Republican Cold Warriors and Neocons, Democratic skepticism of the use of the U.S. military abroad. Post-Trump: roles reversed again.

I might as well say "don't vote for Trump unless you think Republican military adventurism in Iraq was a good idea."

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

At figured it was a trolling attempt.  Then he wrote that other part and I wasn't sure anymore.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No, Sanger saw her mother wasting away raising too many children and had no control over her own body. Her main focus, far and away, was to make birth control legal. People fought her, imprisoned her and slandered her because of her stance on birth control. Push eugenics got the conservatives to listen to her, so she went that direction, but making birth control legal was her main goal. 

Billions of people have watched loved ones waste away from all sorts of ailments and not run toward the darkness of eugenics and the notion that one race was inferior to another.  Your most recent argument seems to be that she majored in Birth Control and only minored in Eugenics, and thus you defend her actions across the board.  That’s extreme even for you. 

Most people live complicated lives, and as Frankish suggests above, applying the standards of today to those who lives a hundred years ago is silly.  

However, the part of her life that is roundly criticized as backwards, racist, intolerant and heartless is not in dispute.  

1 hour ago, Doc said:

At figured it was a trolling attempt.  Then he wrote that other part and I wasn't sure anymore.

Tibsy on occasion represents the extreme, and people in that mode often have odd takes that are hard to rationalize.  

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Billions of people have watched loved ones waste away from all sorts of ailments and not run toward the darkness of eugenics and the notion that one race was inferior to another.  Your most recent argument seems to be that she majored in Birth Control and only minored in Eugenics, and thus you defend her actions across the board.  That’s extreme even for you. 

Most people live complicated lives, and as Frankish suggests above, applying the standards of today to those who lives a hundred years ago is silly.  

However, the part of her life that is roundly criticized as backwards, racist, intolerant and heartless is not in dispute.  

Tibsy on occasion represents the extreme, and people in that mode often have odd takes that are hard to rationalize.  

She was a birth control advocate. Eugenics was her major concession to Conservatism. She literally published a newspaper on the subject of birth control, which was illegal, because it was illegal to send birth control information through the mail. Had an organization to legalize birth control. Not for eugenics.She wasn't perfect, but she got things done. Good things done. 

Did you know how popular eugenics was early in the 20th century? Lots of people thought sterilizing "stupid" people would help society. Many laws were passed in its favor. The supreme court okd it, Teddy Roosevelt supported it. But of course the racists jumped all over this. Not saying any of it is right, just saying people thought it was a way to keep poor people who can't care for kids, from having more kids 

Did you see the interview about Trump saying disabled people should die? 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gusalexiou/2024/07/30/donald-trump-accused-of-making-heartless-comment-about-disabled-people-dying/

This is pretty extreme, right?  

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

She was a birth control advocate. Eugenics was her major concession to Conservatism. She literally published a newspaper on the subject of birth control, which was illegal, because it was illegal to send birth control information through the mail. Had an organization to legalize birth control. Not for eugenics.She wasn't perfect, but she got things done. Good things done. 

I keep thinking you’ll stop, consider how you’re twisting yourself into a pretzel to support a person who supported eugenics, but it’s pretty clear where you stand.  It’s crazy, but whatever. 

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Did you know how popular eugenics was early in the 20th century? Lots of people thought sterilizing "stupid" people would help society. Many laws were passed in its favor. The supreme court okd it, Teddy Roosevelt supported it. But of course the racists jumped all over this. Not saying any of it is right, just saying people thought it was a way to keep poor people who can't care for kids, from having more kids 

Yes, I acknowledged the differences between then and now a couple times.  The thing is, you weren’t born a hundred years ago and yet have supported Sangers pursuit of Eugenics a few times.  Again, it’s crazy to me, but you have to be you, I guess. 

32 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Did you see the interview about Trump saying disabled people should die? 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gusalexiou/2024/07/30/donald-trump-accused-of-making-heartless-comment-about-disabled-people-dying/

This is pretty extreme, right?  

Couldn’t access this link in my last reply.   Your question is “did I see the the interview about Trump”?  Are you suggesting there’s an interview with Trump embedded in the link you shared?  The article you linked was a story about a book.  

Oh, and all things considered, your position on Sanger is pretty extreme imo. 

28 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Couldn’t access this link in my last reply.   Your question is “did I see the the interview about Trump”?  Are you suggesting there’s an interview with Trump embedded in the link you shared?  The article you linked was a story about a book.  

Oh, and all things considered, your position on Sanger is pretty extreme imo. 

My opinion is extreme? How so? 

She was a champion of birth control, and that is a good thing. Her eugenics stance was bad, really bad. <---your saying this is an extreme view? Seriously, SMH 

Trump said disabled people should just die. He has your vote, right? 

37 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

My opinion is extreme? How so? 

We’ve been over it multiple times—your argument was she was simply partnering with other like-minded people in pursuit of eliminating undesirables, as if that made it better.  That’s extreme, and by extension, you’re extreme. 🤷🏼‍♂️

She was a champion of birth control, and that is a good thing. Her eugenics stance was bad, really bad. <---your saying this is an extreme view? Seriously, SMH 

Finally, I’ve shamed you into seeing the light.  Sadly, I’m not sure you believe what you’re saying here, but I hope you do. 

Trump said disabled people should just die. He has your vote, right? 

No, someone said someone said Trump said something.  We get a lot of that.  We do know, however, what Margaret Sanger thought about people dying, and what you think about her.  Again…🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

We’ve been over it multiple times—your argument was she was simply partnering with other like-minded people in pursuit of eliminating undesirables, as if that made it better.  That’s extreme, and by extension, you’re extreme. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Finally, I’ve shamed you into seeing the light.  Sadly, I’m not sure you believe what you’re saying here, but I hope you do. 

No, someone said someone said Trump said something.  We get a lot of that.  We do know, however, what Margaret Sanger thought about people dying, and what you think about her.  Again…🤷🏼‍♂️

No, she was a champion of the birth control movement. Pretty main stream. 

No comment about Trump thinking disabled people should die? Nothing? 

You literally can't criticize Dear Leader on anything?