Attempted Assassination on President Trump (x2)

14 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I hope this gets debunked asap. I don’t want to believe any of this stuff but the incomprehensible level of failure demands suspicion. Sadly some are more horrified by Hulk Hogan. 

Former FBI and whistleblower debunks the ID, but the behavior remains suspicious regardless. 

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

I used Wikipedia as a link rather than CNN or other "biased" source.

1)  Manafort and Russia:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trials_of_Paul_Manafort

2)  Don Jr and Russia meeting:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Tower_meeting

3)  Why did Trump pardon Flynn?  Did it have anything to do with Russia?  Hmm....  https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-pardon-michael-flynn-russia-aeef585b08ba6f2c763c8c37bfd678ed

Hahaha....you poor guy, you do know that anybody can edit Wikipedia right? Believing main stream media, or wikipedia is your issue, they are propagand for Democrats, lies, half truths and non stop deception. Know your lefty echo chamber is getting smaller as peoples eyes are being opend in reecord numbers. Only the willfully ignorant seem to be left behind, try something new, listen to something else once in a while, get a different perspective and the truth, maybe it will open your eyes. 

Edited by LarryMadman
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

Hahaha....you poor guy, you do know that anybody can edit Wikipedia right? Believing main stream media, or wikipedia is your issue, they are propagand for Democrats, lies, half truths and no stop deception. Know your lefty echo chamber is getting smaller as peoples eyes are being opend in reecord numbers. Only the willfully ignorant seem to be left behind, try something new, listen to something else once in a while, get a different perspective and the truth, maybe it will open your eyes. 

Its kind of funny when the profiles with colleges in their names constantly forget that no college allows Wiki as a source, for just the reason you stated.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

So desperate to blame Trans people. The GOP really is full of demented, evil people. 

Some think the evil ones are those that encourage and cheerlead young people to deal with their emotional problems by chopping off body parts, acting as though it’s good and proper all the while. I imagine people like that generally view themselves as “progressive” democrats. Sad. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LarryMadman said:

Hahaha....you poor guy, you do know that anybody can edit Wikipedia right? Believing main stream media, or wikipedia is your issue, they are propagand for Democrats, lies, half truths and no stop deception. Know your lefty echo chamber is getting smaller as peoples eyes are being opend in reecord numbers. Only the willfully ignorant seem to be left behind, try something new, listen to something else once in a while, get a different perspective and the truth, maybe it will open your eyes. 

The fact that Wikipedia community sourced and funded would probably make it more reliable and accurate than something owned by Rupert Murdoch.  There is nothing that prevents Republicans or Conservatives from editing Wikipedia entries.

What sources do you recommend and how do you know they are less biased and more accurate than Wikipedia?

59 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Its kind of funny when the profiles with colleges in their names constantly forget that no college allows Wiki as a source, for just the reason you stated.

Part of the reason Universities do not allow Wikipedia as a source is because it is a tertiary source.  Basically the student isn't doing the work they are supposed to do.

What sources do you recommend and how do you know they are less biased and more accurate than Wikipedia?

• Eyeroll 1

33 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Some think the evil ones are those that encourage and cheerlead young people to deal with their emotional problems by chopping off body parts, acting as though it’s good and proper all the while. I imagine people like that generally view themselves as “progressive” democrats. Sad. 

Some do, but mostly ones who don’t understand what “gender dysphoria” is. Or anything beyond 8th grade health class, for that matter.

• Eyeroll 1

24 minutes ago, Scraps said:

The fact that Wikipedia community sourced and funded would probably make it more reliable and accurate than something owned by Rupert Murdoch.  There is nothing that prevents Republicans or Conservatives from editing Wikipedia entries.

Part of the reason Universities do not allow Wikipedia as a source is because it is a tertiary source.  Basically the student isn't doing the work they are supposed to do.

I got over the bias against Wikipedia about 15 years ago. A study showed that it is generally at least as accurate - and often far more complete - than a lot of comparable privately edited sources. I'd be very cautious with articles about somewhat famous persons, since they clearly have their own publicists writing/editing entries (against Wikipedia rules, of course). But for major things, particularly those with at least a few months between the event and the latest version of the article, it's pretty damn good.

As for the "something owned by Rupert Murdoch" - I get that, except that he pretty much leaves the WSJ alone. His other media, not so much.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Roundybout said:

So desperate to blame Trans people. The GOP really is full of demented, evil people. 

And remember, right wing social media is so much more reliable than the mainstream media ...

... the real story is what is JFK Jr (Vince Fusca, QAnon Hero) doing there right behind Trump? I thought QAnon was dead. It lives!!

I'm kidding. Obviously they haven't disavowed QAnon; they like to keep their idiot voting bloc intact while trying to expand their appeal (a little). But look how easy it is. I could spin a whole Trump Assassination Attempt Conspiracy just out of that fact.

"The real Deep State - the one identified by QAnon - is disappointed in Trump for not following through on their plan to have him work with the military to restore himself to the Presidency in 2021. Make no mistake - they knew JD Vance, a smarter, more Machiavellian operator - would be the man to carry out the plan. So as soon as it became obvious to Insiders that Vance was the choice, the plan to eliminate Trump kicked into action. Fusca was stationed there in his clearly visible hat (standing most of the time) to provide assistance with targeting."

Tell me how that isn't at least as compelling as competing nonsense.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And remember, right wing social media is so much more reliable than the mainstream media ...

... the real story is what is JFK Jr (Vince Fusca, QAnon Hero) doing there right behind Trump? I thought QAnon was dead. It lives!!

I'm kidding. Obviously they haven't disavowed QAnon; they like to keep their idiot voting bloc intact while trying to expand their appeal (a little). But look how easy it is. I could spin a whole Trump Assassination Attempt Conspiracy just out of that fact.

"The real Deep State - the one identified by QAnon - is disappointed in Trump for not following through on their plan to have him work with the military to restore himself to the Presidency in 2021. Make no mistake - they knew JD Vance, a smarter, more Machiavellian operator - would be the man to carry out the plan. So as soon as it became obvious to Insiders that Vance was the choice, the plan to eliminate Trump kicked into action. Fusca was stationed there in his clearly visible hat (standing most of the time) to provide assistance with targeting."

Tell me how that isn't at least as compelling as competing nonsense.

What are you even going on about?  

Conspiracy theorists aren't beholden to one party.  I personally enjoy reading them, not because I always believe them, but because they often provide just enough evidence to get people to ask questions.  Many times they do end up being true.

People were getting outright removed from social media in 2020 for suggesting that COVID actually came from a lab and not some wet market bat soup.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lost said:

Many times they do end up being true

Grassy knoll.

RFK Jr. telling us that Sirhan - on camera, actually shooting his father - wasn't the real gunman.

Coretta Scott King telling us that James Earl Ray wasn't the real assassin.

60 years later, no proof of any of these.

People don't like to believe that sometimes bad things happen because bad people are out there.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Not really, its cause its open sourced and is full of biases....

48 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Some do, but mostly ones who don’t understand what “gender dysphoria” is. Or anything beyond 8th grade health class, for that matter

Its a serios mental health condition that's actually called DSM-5-TR

Here is a link to every condition under that bucket.  you could learn something. 

https://www.psychiatry.org/File Library/Psychiatrists/Practice/DSM/APA_DSM-5-Contents.pdf

Same bucket as 

Schizotypal (Personality) Disorder Delusional Disorder Brief Psychotic Disorder Schizophreniform Disorder Schizophrenia Schizoaffective Disorder, autism, ADHD and a host of other mental health diagnosis.

13 minutes ago, Lost said:

What are you even going on about?

Its only goal, to constantly move the narrative to what it wants it to be.  with very wordy and Whitty insults mixed in.

just like the rest.

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Some do, but mostly ones who don’t understand what “gender dysphoria” is. Or anything beyond 8th grade health class, for that matter.

You have been lied to most of your life. While there is no doubt an incredibly tiny percentage of people affected by “gender dysphoria”, concepts like gender fluid, nonbinary, multiple genders, they/them, xe/xer are things that are not based in reality. If grown adults want to live a life pretending to be the opposite sex, nobody cares in this day and age. It’s people like you that advocate for young people permanently altering their existence under the guise of healthcare that are the problem. It doesn’t even take an 8th grade health class to figure any of that out. 

Edited by JDHillFan
Grammar
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

You have been lied to most of your life. While there is no doubt an incredibly tiny percentage of people affected by “gender dysphoria”, concepts like gender fluid, nonbinary, multiple genders, they/them, xe/xer are things that are not based in reality. If grown adults want to live a life pretending to be the opposite sex, nobody cares in this day and age. The people like you that advocate for young people permanently altering their existence under the guise of healthcare that are the problem. It doesn’t even take an 8th grade health class to figure any of that out. 

The treatment is quite successful and comes with a “regret rate” of less than 1%. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8099405/

So yes, I do support it. I don’t care what people do in their personal lives unlike the GOP, the party of Big Brother and Big Government. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The treatment is quite successful and comes with a “regret rate” of less than 1%. 

So yes, I do support it. I don’t care what people do in their personal lives unlike the GOP, the party of Big Brother and Big Government. 

????  Whoosh.

13 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

We’ve had this discussion before when you made this claim without reading what you linked to. I will resurrect that post so that you can argue with yourself over which data to believe. 

As with the departed, deranged billstime, your position is “f those people that experience buyer’s remorse”. Sad that you would be so cavalier about the mutilation of young people. 

added from previous go-roundy on this topic:

From your “only 1% regret transitioning” article that you obviously did not bother to digest:

The issue here is that neither of these extremes are reliable estimates of regret. The 30 percent figure obviously does not map onto regret. Many people stop using their parent or partner’s health care for reasons completely unrelated to transition regret (i.e., divorce). And the studies of surgery in the review are mostly surgeons following up with their own patients, with quite high dropout rates. It’s not surprising that only 1 percent of people report to a surgeon who did an operation that they regret it!

There’s also a problem here about how we define “regret.” One of the biggest studies on transition-related regret was on the Amsterdam gender clinic, including nearly 7,000 people over 43 years. These authors defined “regret” as a patient who came back to the clinic after surgery to access hormones that would reverse their gender transition (and who had this noted in their records). By this definition, less than 1 percent of people regretted their surgery. But this is obviously not a particularly useful definition, because it will miss all of the people who regretted their procedures but went elsewhere for their follow-up care, or simply never got back to the original clinic about their regret.

Perhaps the most useful way to examine regret is to look at the proportion of people who cease their transition and go back to the gender they were originally. A large national study found that 13.1 percent of transgender people participating in the U.S. Transgender Survey reported detransitioning at some point in their lives. I think that’s a fairly reasonable estimate of the rate of people experiencing somemeasure of regret around their transition experience.

Edited by JDHillFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/15/2024 at 9:00 AM, Backintheday544 said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if he’s so far ahead why does 538 have Biden winning 51 percent of the times now?

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2024-election-forecast/

Biden was up to 53/100 simulated victories. Down to 50 today. That’s a shame. 
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2024-election-forecast/

Also this:

Hang in there. Plenty of peaks and valleys ahead. 

• Like (+1) 1