Attempted Assassination on President Trump (x2)

17 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This is about the fourth time people here have said "well, that wraps up the election for Trump."

The truth is Trump is benefiting from an exceptionally weak opponent.

I think the same could be said of President Biden. 

That's one of the things that makes this so Twilight Zonish.  If either party had nominated a somewhat reasonable person they would win in a landslide.  Instead both parties have their head where the sun don't shine so we get these 2 jokers.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

So Trump and RFK are just like 99% of the people here at PPP who haven't the faintest clue about how any of the various vaccine technologies actually work?

I'm quite shocked by this development. 

Here's one thing about President Trump and the vaccine I don't understand.  why doesn't he brag about it?

At the time Dr. Fauci said it would take 3 to 5 years to develop a vaccine.  Trump gets on the horn with big pharma and they roll it out in less than a year.  The vaccine is the biggest contributing factor in us getting out to of the COVID woods.  Yet he never talks about it.  In the debate I thought he would for sure when he told President Biden more people died on Biden's watch.  He said I gave you (I'm thinking vaccine) therapeutics. Is vaccine that dirty of a word to his followers?  I don't get it. 

I'm talking strictly the vaccine here, not mandates.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Here's one thing about President Trump and the vaccine I don't understand.  why doesn't he brag about it?

At the time Dr. Fauci said it would take 3 to 5 years to develop a vaccine.  Trump gets on the horn with big pharma and they roll it out in less than a year.  The vaccine is the biggest contributing factor in us getting out to of the COVID woods.  Yet he never talks about it.  In the debate I thought he would for sure when he told President Biden more people died on Biden's watch.  He said I gave you (I'm thinking vaccine) therapeutics. Is vaccine that dirty of a word to his followers?  I don't get it. 

I think that it's anything covid is largely avoided. With Trump the most you'll get is reference to how the pandemic wrecked a strong economy. There are other issues where there is wiggle room for independents to listen. Not covid. It's too divisive and there's so much covid fatigue I don't think it's an issue either candidate can win with.

• Like (+1) 3

Breaking News.  Trump Rally head of security identified as Quincy Magoo.  Mr. Magoo is a 30-year veteran of the Secret Service.  

Magoo.jpg

Edited by Irv

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I suspect internal polling is telling him that the vaccine itself - even apart from any mandate - is unpopular with his base.

That's where we are with the distrust of everything from the government. Even the "Trump Vaccine."

Seriously, to me the Trump Administration had two notable accomplishments: the Paul Ryan-led tax cut (we can argue about whether it was good for America, but Trump and Ryan pushed this part of the Trump agenda through), and Operation Warp Speed. The RNC so far hasn't focused on either one. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am not going to link any of them but quite a few liberals on X are claiming that Trump was not shot but hit by debris. Does anyone think that actually makes a difference? Someone attempted to assassinate him and the take away for the stupid is what precisely hit him? If your point is "Trump lied" how would he have any idea what hit him? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I am not going to link any of them but quite a few liberals on X are claiming that Trump was not shot but hit by debris. Does anyone think that actually makes a difference? Someone attempted to assassinate him and the take away for the stupid is what precisely hit him? If your point is "Trump lied" how would he have any idea what hit him? 

Go back a few pages on this thread.  We had that very same discussion.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I like to listen to Smerconish on SiriusXM. His claim is that he’s right in the middle, but he definitely leans left. His callers do more than lean left and that’s the tell. Anyway (to quote President Brandon) he had a caller yesterday claiming that Trump had a blood capsule below the podium and that’s why he went down so he could apply it to his ear. This particular caller had a concern that he has not seen the body of the deceased fireman.

Bottom line, not a joke, I’m serious - even though the lefties like to imagine it’s the righties that are the conspiracy nuts there are more than enough on both sides to last a lifetime. Anyway…

edit - older lady just called in pissed at Smerconish for giving Trump too much credit for getting shot. She wants him to refer to it as being grazed by a bullet. There’s a difference. Anyway…

Edited by JDHillFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I like to listen to Smerconish on SiriusXM. His claim is that he’s right in the middle, but he definitely leans left. His callers do more than lean left and that’s the tell. Anyway (to quote President Brandon) he had a caller yesterday claiming that Trump had a blood capsule below the podium and that’s why he went down so he could apply it to his ear. This particular concern that he has not seen the body of the deceased fireman.

Bottom line, not a joke, I’m serious - even though the lefties like to imagine it’s the righties that are the conspiracy nuts there are more than enough on both sides to last a lifetime. Anyway…

That's some conspiracy theory.  It would involve everyone from Trump to the SS to local LE to EMS to the shooter himself.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

That's some conspiracy theory.  It would involve everyone from Trump to the SS to local LE to EMS to the shooter himself.

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Yes. I can’t believe you can’t see it. It’s right there!!

TDS is powerful. 

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You mean it was in his shoe? "Let me get my shoes."

Hmm....

I’m waiting for a caller to say “have Trumps shoes been inspected yet? Maybe they are some sort of Maxwell Smart-ish shoes with a blade in them and he cut his own ear off. Well, have they?”