Attempted Assassination on President Trump (x2)

3 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

He could have contacted her already, privately, and the last two pages of this thread would have existed.  But, it appears that he chose not to, for whatever reason.

Would this be appropriate in you eyes as a decent response to the widow:

"The GoFundMe, which says it is "President Trump authorized" is organized by Meredith O'Rourke, who is also Trump's top finance person, and is raising money for those "wounded or killed" from the shooting at the Trump rally in Butler on Saturday."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/07/15/gofundme-corey-comperatore-trump-rally-victims/74405721007/

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

As they say, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

But you could care less.  :rolleyes:

If you want to play that game, you can't prove that Trump didn't reach out to the family after that article was published. 

1 minute ago, phypon said:

Would this be appropriate in you eyes as a decent response to the widow:

"The GoFundMe, which says it is "President Trump authorized" is organized by Meredith O'Rourke, who is also Trump's top finance person, and is raising money for those "wounded or killed" from the shooting at the Trump rally in Butler on Saturday."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/07/15/gofundme-corey-comperatore-trump-rally-victims/74405721007/

Does that count as "reaching out to them"?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

If you want to play that game, you can't prove that Trump didn't reach out to the family after that article was published. 

To me?

No. I couldn't (hah!) care less about these phone calls, etc. The last thing I'd want if my wife was killed at a political rally is to pick up the phone to hear: "Please hold for President Biden." Just give me some money and leave me the eff alone please.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Probably not, but I'm just trying to figure out what kind of response would be deemed appropriate in the eyes of Triangle.  From what I can gather from Triangle, if Trump doesn't contact the family he's bad, if Trump does contact the family he'll make a spectacle of it and he's bad.  It's a bit confusing to me how Triangle wants Trump to respond.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

To me?

No. I couldn't (hah!) care less about these phone calls, etc. The last thing I'd want if my wife was killed at a political rally is to pick up the phone to hear: "Please hold for President Biden." Just give me some money and leave me the eff alone please.

I agree.  It's meaningless in the face of what's truly important: help.  And it appears Trump did what you said you would want done.

Just now, phypon said:

Probably not, but I'm just trying to figure out what kind of response would be deemed appropriate in the eyes of Triangle.  From what I can gather from Triangle, if Trump doesn't contact the family he's bad, if Trump does contact the family he'll make a spectacle of it and he's bad.  It's a bit confusing to me how Triangle wants Trump to respond.

Like you said, it doesn't matter what he does in BT's eyes, it will still be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, harmonkillebrew said:

They're not lies. But the facts are a bit grey in areas, which is why they need to have a full trial.  He told the crowd he won, the election was stolen, go fight like hell, but then go to peacefully and patriotically. I guess no one heard the peaceful part.

So then your conclusion was that Trump incited a peaceful and patriotic riot by asking his supporters to march to the Capitol and make their voices heard?

Watching certain reliable media outlets its my understanding that other peaceful protests/riots can be characterized as such even in the presence large conflagrations started by mostly peaceful arsonists. 

NG was authorized, but by Trump to protect his supporters. There were 4 hours between Capitol police request for NG backup. Its not exactly clear what happened, but it is clear that Trump did nothing to make it happen, despite people requesting him to do so.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/21/us/politics/national-guard-january-6-riot.html 

Trump authorized the NG days before J6. 10-20k troops. He cannot unilaterally deploy the NG without local authorities making an official request. This is the law. Not only was the request never made, we have documentary evidence that the DC mayor and house/senate segeants at arms specifically denied in writing the opportunity to make the official request.

I'm sure you'll object to the above but I'll find the actual documents later. Not that it will likely matter.

you're either being purposely deceitful, or just repeating what you heard. "on" J6 is a technicality, but nice try.

Capitol Police Brian Sicknick died the day after Jan 6 after being attacked by the mob

Ashli Babbit was shot while trying to break into the Capitol 

Rosanne Boyland was trampled to death by fellow rioters

Kevin Greeson had a heart attack while storming the Capitol

Benjamin Phillips had a stroke on his way to the Capitol

Three other Capitol police died by suicide a few months later, from the trauma

Four people died at the Capitol on J6.

Ashli Babbit we all know the story.

Greeson died from a heart attack. /Phillips died from a stroke. Both collapsed immediately after flash bang grenades, that were illegally deployed, went off within feet of them.  Again video exists of these flash bangs being deployed into the crowd as it was merely standing there, milling about.  So no, not storming the Capitol.

Boyland was crushed by the crowd in the tunnel. She was pulled from the tunnel unconscious. As her lifeless body lies prone we have video of a Capitol police officer beating her with a nightsick.

All four of the above were cremated without family permission before  autopsies was performed.

Sicknick was not attacked, although the false media narrative that he was bludgeoned with a fire extinguisher persisted for weeks after J6. An autopsy was performed and the coroner concluded the cause of death was natural causes. Furthermore, there is video of Sicknick in the Capitol late on J6 walking around perfectly fine.

The suicides weeks or months later? Please. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

So then your conclusion was that Trump incited a peaceful and patriotic riot by asking his supporters to march to the Capitol and make their voices heard?

Watching certain reliable media outlets its my understanding that other peaceful protests/riots can be characterized as such even in the presence large conflagrations started by mostly peaceful arsonists. 

Trump authorized the NG days before J6. 10-20k troops. He cannot unilaterally deploy the NG without local authorities making an official request. This is the law. Not only was the request never made, we have documentary evidence that the DC mayor and house/senate segeants at arms specifically denied in writing the opportunity to make the official request.

I'm sure you'll object to the above but I'll find the actual documents later. Not that it will likely matter.

Four people died at the Capitol on J6.

Ashli Babbit we all know the story.

Greeson died from a heart attack. /Phillips died from a stroke. Both collapsed immediately after flash bang grenades, that were illegally deployed, went off within feet of them.  Again video exists of these flash bangs being deployed into the crowd as it was merely standing there, milling about.  So no, not storming the Capitol.

Boyland was crushed by the crowd in the tunnel. She was pulled from the tunnel unconscious. As her lifeless body lies prone we have video of a Capitol police officer beating her with a nightsick.

All four of the above were cremated without family permission before  autopsies was performed.

Sicknick was not attacked, although the false media narrative that he was bludgeoned with a fire extinguisher persisted for weeks after J6. An autopsy was performed and the coroner concluded the cause of death was natural causes. Furthermore, there is video of Sicknick in the Capitol late on J6 walking around perfectly fine.

The suicides weeks or months later? Please.

Not to mention Nancy admitted it was her fault on video.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, harmonkillebrew said:

Just noticed your avatar. Hitler was anti-communist, so you should actually be flattered that Trump is compared to Hitler. It means he is a true fighter of the red scourge and should be celebrated....

I see you're not a serious poster.  I assumed as much, but thanks for confirming it.

• Like (+1) 1

This whole situation is defined by either liberals trying to kill Trump or by gross incompetence by people appointed by Biden, either way Biden is the bad guy in a manner that no president has been responsible for since Teddy Roosevelt.

• Like (+1) 1

He called them animals and not human, just the other day. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-expected-highlight-murder-michigan-woman-immigration-speech-2024-04-02/ 

rapists and murderers

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-says-rapists-murderers-crossing-border-calls-biden-not-visiting-disgraceful-1598228

"They're destroying the blood of our country. That's what they're doing. They're destroying our country," 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-doubles-immigrant-blood-remark-says-never-read-mein-kampf-rcna130535

(Which is why he gets compared to Hitler)

He gets compared to Hitler because it’s catchy and campy, and citizens who lived through the era/aftermath of the Hitler era have largely died off.  Had people lobbed that silliness 15-20 years ago the general response would have been laughter and a hearty GTFOH. 

There area tons of other examples. 

He's not talking policy choices about immigration, he's peddling hate.

He’s addressing the massive elephant in the room, and that’s illegal immigration.  

See other comment. He did say "peaceful" but lots of other stuff

He did say lots of other stuff.  

Yeah, "deplorables" was a regrettable mistake that ignored serious concerns of Trump supporters.  And it ultimately killed her bid. Trump was a new phenomenon then and poorly understood.  ..... still I didn't know Trump supporters were so sensitive over that one word.  It's not like she called them "rapists and murderers"

Ah, the HRC version of hate speech was a “regrettable mistake”.  😂 Those comments didn’t cost her the bid, nor did her blatant  disregard for national secrets.  In fact, it barely caused a stir among her very fervent supporters.   What cost her the election that in spite of the lift she got because she was once married to a president, she is almost mythically unlikable and quite uninspiring as a human being.  

37 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I see you're not a serious poster.  I assumed as much, but thanks for confirming it.

I'm just calling your complete ignorance as to what anti-communist means.  Do you even know what communism is?

Did you not know that Hitler fought Soviet communism and that in WWII when we aligned with the Soviet Union it was a marriage of convenience to take down Hitler's, at the time, much worse brand of fascism. So you are anti-communist and pro-fascist? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

He gets compared to Hitler because it’s catchy and campy, and citizens who lived through the era/aftermath of the Hitler era have largely died off.  Had people lobbed that silliness 15-20 years ago the general response would have been laughter and a hearty GTFOH. 

His own VP compared him to Hitler due to his white supremacist, anti-immigrant/ethnic rants.  I don't think it's necessarily fair, but in the current context of resurgence fascism, ethno-nationalism and anti-immigrant sentiment it is worth remembering the lessons learned from WWII.  Trump does a lot of fear-mongering and ethnicity-baiting reminiscent of a dark human history that was not that long ago.  Don't be so quick to dismiss the evil sides of human nature. We have not evolved that much since the 1940s, or even the 1960s.

He’s addressing the massive elephant in the room, and that’s illegal immigration.  

It's not an elephant in the room. It's a chronic, complex problem that we have been trying to deal with - both Dem and Republicans - for decades. There are push and pull factors. Trump's simplistic, appealing solution was to build a massive wall. But there are many many issues caused by US intervention that drive people out of their countries for a better life.  This is not a new issue. 

He did say lots of other stuff.  

Ah, the HRC version of hate speech was a “regrettable mistake”.  😂 Those comments didn’t cost her the bid, nor did her blatant  disregard for national secrets.  In fact, it barely caused a stir among her very fervent supporters.   What cost her the election that in spite of the lift she got because she was once married to a president, she is almost mythically unlikable and quite uninspiring as a human being.  

Yeah, HRC and Biden both are pretty unlikeable. Trump would have been destroyed by Obama. Unfortunately the Dems post-Obama are in such disarray.

I don't care really that much about national politics and parties and such, but I do think Trump is a dangerous wild card and I do think we need some federal level checks on the innate human tendencies of discrimination, racism and environmental exploitation. 

7 minutes ago, harmonkillebrew said:

His own VP compared him to Hitler due to his white supremacist, anti-immigrant/ethnic rants.  I don't think it's necessarily fair, but in the current context of resurgence fascism, ethno-nationalism and anti-immigrant sentiment it is worth remembering the lessons learned from WWII.  Trump does a lot of fear-mongering and ethnicity-baiting reminiscent of a dark human history that was not that long ago.  Don't be so quick to dismiss the evil sides of human nature. We have not evolved that much since the 1940s, or even the 1960s.

If you don’t think it’s fair, why bother bringing it up here?  It’s not that it’s not fair, it’s moronic.  

It's not an elephant in the room. It's a chronic, complex problem that we have been trying to deal with - both Dem and Republicans - for decades. There are push and pull factors. Trump's simplistic, appealing solution was to build a massive wall. But there are many many issues caused by US intervention that drive people out of their countries for a better life.  This is not a new issue. 

We disagree. It’s a chronic problem because it’s allowed to be a chronic problem.  It’s by design, and for every d/r/I who wanted to solve it, there have been many who benefited from it—power, money, corruption.   I’m 100% in favor of sensible immigration policy and welcoming immigrants to the US in a sensible, orderly fashion.  We do not have that because it gets in the way of the business of illegal immigration. 

Yeah, HRC and Biden both are pretty unlikeable. Trump would have been destroyed by Obama. Unfortunately the Dems post-Obama are in such disarray.

Maybe, of course we’ll never know.  I thought it was pretty telling though, that BO’s hand-chosen successor—the one he politicked for, reasoned for and made excuses for when confronted with reckless behavior—-went down like the Hindenburg on Election Day.  Turns out he only had so much juice.  That was pretty epic.  

I don't care really that much about national politics and parties and such, but I do think Trump is a dangerous wild card and I do think we need some federal level checks on the innate human tendencies of discrimination, racism and environmental exploitation. 

You started off by talking about fear mongering, and finish by stating that Trump is a dangerous wild card and all that entails.  You mentioned hate speech and yet gave HRC a huge pass.  That’s interesting to me—- I guess some people just want to get their fears mongered from sources they trust?  

• Like (+1) 1