Attempted Assassination on President Trump (x2)

13 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if he’s so far ahead why does 538 have Biden winning 51 percent of the times now?

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2024-election-forecast/

Check the betting lines. I trust people that have money to win/lose more than whatever polls say. 

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/futures-rise-higher-odds-trump-victory-after-shooting-2024-07-15/

Market is predicting a Trump win and people are trading as such 

Edited by KDIGGZ

10 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

I don't think it's that simple. He says false statements so frequently it becomes impossible to keep up with. Not to say he's the only person in US history who has been dishonest in politics. I'm sure many are. But I have never recalled somebody at this level being so consistently dishonest in basic things. I'm not talking about things like saying Biden didn't win or bigger things the left likes to discuss. I'm talking about little interactions that happen in normal communication.

I don't trust him.  I don't believe his main focus or concern is for Americans. I think he uses the office of Presidency to fill a lifetime spent obsessed with money, fame, and power for himself often times at the expense of others. I don't think he cares about conservative values, religion, or the majority of the subjects his most vocal supporters agree with. It's all a vehicle to get him to the destination he wants.  I don't need the left to tell me this stuff. To me it's rather obvious when you follow his life prior to being president up until the time he became president. 

I will also add that Biden is the last guy I want running this country. It's an absolute travesty these two candidates are the best people our political system can churn out. But whats probably even more shocking to me is that either of these people have bonified supporters. 

Tell me you're naive without actually saying it...

8 hours ago, daz28 said:

I honestly can't believe that Trump is saying the right things about unity right now.  Imagine if half of his nutbar followers would do that instead of feeding their heads full of media that makes them "think".  He could have been a wildly popular president if he just always handled things like this.  Maybe he really is a Christian, and he's having some clarity now.  We can hope. 

Thanks for the chuckle.

52 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

There was no good photo op in going to the hospital.

Trump went golfng after being shot?  LOL!  Good one.

10 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if he’s so far ahead why does 538 have Biden winning 51 percent of the times now?

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2024-election-forecast/

Yes because Biden's senility will only improve with time...

36 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Just checking in to see the lefties still going nuts lol. Trump is so far ahead I can't believe they are even wasting their energy. Trump will be your President elect in 16 weeks so get used to it

Is your political analysis any better than your 'hot take' football analysis?

9 minutes ago, boyst said:

Biden will win. anyone thinking hte corruption and fraud will stop the democrats from stealilng another election is a fool. drop boxes are back in wisconsin, for example. mail in balloting in PA will carry Biden. Trump has no chance to take office - even if he wins.

The drop boxes can be dealt with...

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Thanks for the chuckle.

You trying to say he didn’t hit the course yesterday?

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Check the betting lines. I trust people that have money to win/lose more than whatever polls say. 

I wouldn’t. I’d trust a clear analytical model based on prior polling than people betting with their feels.

For example, we saw Trump spike in betting after the debate, but then there was minimal movement on the polls. We’ve seen Trump spike post shooting incident again, but we will need to wait and see how the polls react.

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Is your political analysis any better than your 'hot take' football analysis?

Depends, are you one of the idiots that has Josh Allen as the best QB in the NFL? I'm betting on Patrick Mahomes, not because I want him to be but because my vision isn't so clouded out of loyalty to one side that I can't face reality 

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Thanks for the chuckle.

No, I think the Project 2025 message hit pretty hard with voters which is why you saw Trump deny it, which saw some shift in polls.

I think you’ve also saw thought leadership change from Biden is senile but so is Trump. Just because Trump was louder at the debate doesn’t mean any words he put together make sense. Both of them argued about their golf score. Trump couldn’t answer a question.  Even at his rallies he goes off meandering on crazy old man rants.

Edited by Backintheday544
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1

10 hours ago, Bockeye said:

Agreed.  

This is where Libs like you go off the rails. 

Conservatives believe in the constitution and Bill of Rights. 

Libs want:

-To ban freedom of speech 

-To get rid of the 2nd amendment 

-To allow illegal aliens freely into our country 

-To create a nanny state

-Rekindle racism 

-Force individuals to comply with the government by any means necessary 

The list goes on….. 

I’m curious (and probably correct), but you strike me as someone who has had a rough life and relied upon government subsidies to get through OR possibly too much indoctrination in universities with degree stacking but not many results. 

Not sure if you're just trolling here....

- Ain't no one trying to ban freedom of speech. Hate speech (Nazis) is allowed in the US as opposed to other countries

- Gun control is needed and can be done while respecting the 2nd amendment. It's about how to interpret that age-old clause from another era 

- Immigration is broken. there should be more open immigration for Latinos, but Congress refuses to increase the numbers, so people do it illegally. It's complex but Libs want a more human solution

- Everyone wants a nanny state. Libs want more environmental protection and conservatives more police and law and order.

- Rekindle racism?? Have you forgotten which party supported Jim Crow and segregation and which states still only vote for that party? Muslim ban, anyone? I don't see Libs peddling in race-based hate

- I'm pretty sure conservatives love law and order - that means complying with the government by any means necessary. You know who doesn't like complying the government - anarchists 

Most of these are policy issues with a lot of grey area that should be part of a normal civil discourse. Its just nuts how people in the US have created these false divisions between "libs" and "conservatives" and political parties, when really we're often talking about the same thing, just through different lens. There are no real deep-seated ethnic or geographical grievances (unless you're Black, then you have some legit grievances), so we fabricate new labels so we can have an excuse to fight. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Depends, are you one of the idiots that has Josh Allen as the best QB in the NFL? I'm betting on Patrick Mahomes, not because I want him to be but because my vision isn't so clouded out of loyalty to one side that I can't face reality 

Mahomes is the best QB. I don't think anyone could really argue against that. What also helps him over Allen is he has the better HC, and the Chiefs play better in big moments. The Bills don't at least in the playoffs.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

You trying to say he didn’t hit the course yesterday?

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

No, I think the Project 2025 message hit pretty hard with voters which is why you saw Trump deny it, which saw some shift in polls.

I think you’ve also saw thought leadership change from Biden is senile but so is Trump. Just because Trump was louder at the debate doesn’t mean any words he put together make sense. Both of them argued about their golf score. Trump couldn’t answer a question.  Even at his rallies he goes off meandering on crazy old man rants.

You can try and convince yourself that Trump is anywhere near as senile as Biden, but the World saw how bad Biden is and it's only going to get worse as he ages.  Trump at worst is where Biden was 4 years ago.

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Mahomes is the best QB. I don't think anyone could really argue against that. What also helps him over Allen is he has the better HC, and the Chiefs play better in big moments. The Bills don't at least in the playoffs.

I'd like to see Josh with Reid and Spags.  I think he'd be just as successful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Yes.

You can try and convince yourself that Trump is anywhere near as senile as Biden, but the World saw how bad Biden is and it's only going to get worse as he ages.  Trump at worst is where Biden was 4 years ago.

And a Presidency is 4 years long. If you think Biden is unfit for office today, then assuming a similar cognitive decline, Trump would be unfit for office during his term.

Both candidates are too old. But the media seems to be picking up on things like Trump not knowing his son wasn’t married as much.

Honestly, the assassination attempt was pretty good for Biden politically as it got the media off the Dems wanting him off the ticket this news cycle. Plus it’s given Biden a couple times to address the public in a controlled environment.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Irv said:

Does it bother you as much as me that the attempted assassin was just a little kid?  What went wrong?  

Not surprising. Spent almost half his life and all his adult life hearing Trump is a nazi. Trump is Hitler. Trump will end democracy.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

Not surprising. Spent almost half his life and all his adult life hearing Trump is a nazi. Trump is Hitler. Trump will end democracy.

This is very sad.  And very true.  Biden goes on TV and shoots his mouth off about lowering the political temperature.  What a hypocrite.  What a mess.   

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Even with that he still wanted to be a conservative.

from Daily Beast:

A former classmate of the 20-year-old man who tried unsuccessfully to kill former President Donald Trump at a Pennsylvania rally on Saturday recalled him being staunchly to the right of the political spectrum. “He definitely was conservative,” Max R. Smith told The Philadelphia Inquirer of Thomas Crooks. “It makes me wonder why he would carry out an assassination attempt on the conservative candidate.” Smith shared an American history class with Crooks, and remembered a mock debate where their teacher made students stand on one side of the classroom or another to signal their allegiance. “The majority of the class were on the liberal side, but Tom, no matter what, always stood his ground on the conservative side,” Smith said. “That’s still the picture I have of him. Just standing alone on one side while the rest of the class was on the other.” Crooks died in the assassination attempt

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-rally-gunman-thomas-crooks-was-definitely-conservative-classmate-recalls

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2

4 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

And a Presidency is 4 years long. If you think Biden is unfit for office today, then assuming a similar cognitive decline, Trump would be unfit for office during his term.

Both candidates are too old. But the media seems to be picking up on things like Trump not knowing his son wasn’t married as much.

Honestly, the assassination attempt was pretty good for Biden politically as it got the media off the Dems wanting him off the ticket this news cycle. Plus it’s given Biden a couple times to address the public in a controlled environment.

Unfortunately it's a choice between two candidates.  I'll take the guy who is at worst 4 years less senile than Biden to the guy who is senile.

And the news cycle will return to Biden being unfit.  You can't put that toothpaste back in the tube.  And there's still another debate...

• Like (+1) 2