Attempted Assassination on President Trump (x2)

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Except he has attacked half of America nonstop.

The ones who are anti-Democracy, yes. 

Forced the vax on some, under threat of losing your career.

Tough. Go work somewhere else if you don't like it. 

Called half of the country “threats to democracy”

Spade is a spade. 

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Gave that insane red lighting rage speech.

Holy ***** dude, the white house was lit red, white, and blue. The conservative "influencers" cropped out the other side. 

Has presided over Charlottesville x1000.

The hell does this mean?

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Are they? I'm seeing AI ***** becoming more and more of a problem. Not being rejected.

You should look up the "Facebook AI Slop" Twitter account for some of the insane stuff being posted by automated bot factories in Nigeria or Phillipines. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Can you give specifics of the things you don’t like? I might agree with you, while still considering myself to be MAGA

Not OP, but I generally reject any form of politics that puts regular people against each other, something naturally inherent in nationalism. 

It’s fine to dislike politicians, elites, media, political parties, etc. but when you start labeling groups of your fellow Americans as “the other,” it creates an “us vs them” dynamic that leads to dehumanization, polarization, and increases the likelihood of violence. 

A good example of this is the Hindu Nationalism popularized by the BJP and Narenda Modi in India. Saying that large groups of your fellow countrymen are not true members of the country or are inferior is a bad thing and can have very negative consequences. 

Defining some people as “true Americans” inherently defines other Americans as not truly American simply for being different. This is an unfortunately a popular aspect of MAGA. Even the name belies a definitional disagreement on who is important: with nostalgic callbacks to post-war America seemingly centered on the perspective  of middle class white American males. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CarpetCrawler said:

You know, the things the Democrats stuff, the things they miraculously find more of at 3am after elections.

Good to see you here man. Welcome to the insane asylum!

42 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

Bull *****. People hate trump for who he is. I don’t like to use the word hate but I have dis liked the guy long before he was in politics. I don’t need any media company telling me to like him or not, I can think for myself and I’m sure there are plenty of other people can think for themselves. Trump is an insult to humanity, just cause some punk took a pot shot at him and decided on suicide by cop doesn’t change that.

Wrong

Just, wrong.  

And, I'd add, this is society-ending psychosis

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, OrangeBills said:

Wrong

Just, wrong.  

And, I'd add, this is society-ending psychosis

LOL, I’m sure you know or understand when and why my dislike of trump began. 

11 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The ones who are anti-Democracy, yes. 

Tough. Go work somewhere else if you don't like it. 

Spade is a spade. 

Holy ***** dude, the white house was lit red, white, and blue. The conservative "influencers" cropped out the other side. 

The hell does this mean?

You should look up the "Facebook AI Slop" Twitter account for some of the insane stuff being posted by automated bot factories in Nigeria or Phillipines. 

Gaslighting almost from top to bottom. 

If as you claim, the White House was lit red, white, and blue for the unhinged “red speech” but conservative influencers cropped it out, proof should readily be available right? Can you provide even a single photo or link? It’s a trick question. Nice job with that claim. 

30 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I simply find conservatism and the MAGA brand of rampant nationalism to be completely pointless, at best, and incredibly toxic, at worst. 

Why?

8 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

Good to see you here man. Welcome to the insane asylum!

It's your dance

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Gaslighting almost from top to bottom. 

If as you claim, the White House was lit red, white, and blue for the unhinged “red speech” but conservative influencers cropped it out, proof should readily be available right? Can you provide even a single photo or link? It’s a trick question. Nice job with that claim. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREq-W6q3ew27ZT2MvlXVx

Now sit down, you arrogant little man. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Why?

Society is always progressing. The "line is always going up," so to say. Conservatives, and the MAGA ideology especially, have decided that America was better off somewhere in the myriad past and are trying to replicate it. It's a foolish endeavor. 

15 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

For one, we are on the cusp of incredible advances in green energy. Incredible reductions in carbon, massive new capacity for solar energy, cutting-edge research in battery storage, and so forth. The conservative response is to fight it tooth and nail and demand we return to coal. 

For god's sakes, Candice Owens is now out there making videos denying DINOSAURS existing!

Fair enough…

I’m not even going to pretend to know much about the topic, to be able to respond…

All I can say is there are political motivations on both sides for why certain stances are taken…

I find it hard to believe that anyone would be against advancements in technology that would help the ecology of the planet…

I suppose the question then becomes ‘At what cost?’ and ‘what is the most efficient balance that will achieve the goal of ecological technological advancement and maintaining our modern way of life?’

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That dude is correct these responses prove it

I’m always happy when morons like that show themselves. Just like I’m glad when I saw the triple masked out in public or better yet when alone in their cars. It helps me know who to avoid at all costs and ignore anything coming out of their pie holes 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Not OP, but I generally reject any form of politics that puts regular people against each other, something naturally inherent in nationalism. 

It’s fine to dislike politicians, elites, media, political parties, etc. but when you start labeling groups of your fellow Americans as “the other,” it creates an “us vs them” dynamic that leads to dehumanization, polarization, and increases the likelihood of violence. 

A good example of this is the Hindu Nationalism popularized by the BJP and Narenda Modi in India. Saying that large groups of your fellow countrymen are not true members of the country or are inferior is a bad thing and can have very negative consequences. 

Defining some people as “true Americans” inherently defines other Americans as not truly American simply for being different. This is an unfortunately a popular aspect of MAGA. Even the name belies a definitional disagreement on who is important: with nostalgic callbacks to post-war America seemingly centered on the perspective  of middle class white American males. 

I have heard this before and any American who would say some Americans are more American than others, I could not disagree with more…

If you are person who has come here legally, and gone through the process to become a citizen (learning the laws, studying the history), you are just as much an American, to me, as someone whose family has been here for centuries…

But I just want to be clear, though,  I do not support amnesty, or a path to citizenship, where people have come here illegally, and are rewarded by “leap frogging” foreigners who have applied for citizenship the legal way…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Meanwhile back at the real thread 

OH, and yeah, the shooter donated to Biden himself..

On his inauguration day.

Again, probably NOT something a Republican would do.

Pennsylvania is a closed primary state which means it's not uncommon for people to switch parties in the primaries so they can stick the other party with a candidate they think they can beat. Of course, we can't say for certain this is what Crooks did, but considering we know for a fact many Democrats did want Oz to run against Fetterman ... well, it makes more sense than some Republican voter donating a bunch of money to Democrats including Biden and then OH YEAH, trying to kill the GOP nominee.

Just sayin'.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/07/14/thomas-cooks-gunman-not-so-fast-n2398352

Edited by B-Man

29 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

It's one of the main reasons I stay off Facebook. That AI stuff fools old people especially.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Ok, so I misremembered where he gave the speech. Shoot me. 

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/joe-biden-s-speech-took-place-front-marines-here-s-n1298589

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/04/politics/home-front-biden-marines-philadelphia-speech-reaction/index.html

why did MSNBC and CNN use photos cropped by right wing influencers? Tiberius-level post on your part. Embarrassing. 

• Like (+1) 2