Attempted Assassination on President Trump (x2)

9 minutes ago, ghostwriter said:

I see it this way, Jesus is the direct descendant of Yahweh the Father. Jesus is his seed. His uncreated Son who always was. We are created sons of God, Jesus is God, the literal DNA of Yahweh. He was never created, he always was.

All three parts exist outside of space and time as we know it. He's not the literal DNA of God. I think you mean that figuratively...

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Correct. 

There is absolutely no reason to assume anything else.

With the way the rabid left has been attacking Trump there is every reason to believe it was done by a left wing nut job who believes that Trump is the next Hitler. You have a lot of nerve ( and no f’n common sense) to think your rhetoric has no bearing on this assassination attack. How perfectly convenient for you!!

• Like (+1) 1

Mr Smith was listening from outside the rally and said he saw the gunman around five minutes into Trump's speech.

"We noticed the guy bear-crawling up the roof of the building beside us, 50ft away," he said. "He had a rifle, we could clearly see a rifle.

"We're pointing at him, the police are down there running around on the ground, we're like 'Hey man, there's a guy on the roof with a rifle'... and the police did not know what was going on."

Mr Smith said he tried to alert the authorities for three to four minutes, but thought they probably could not see the gunman because of the slope of the roof.

"Why is there not Secret Service on all of these roofs here?" he asked. "This is not a big place. "[It's a] security failure, 100% security failure."

He said he later saw the agents shoot the gunman: "They crawled up on the roof, they had their guns pointed at him, made sure he was dead. He was dead, and that was it - it was over."

Anthony Guglielmi, a Secret Service spokesman, said agents had "neutralised the shooter" and "quickly responded with protective measures".

The incident is being investigated as an attempted assassination.

A crowd member was killed and two others were critically injured, the service added.

Mr Smith later told the BBC his child was "crying and begging me to take him home" after the shooting.

"There were a lot of kids up there with us who were terrified, they're still terrified," he said.

Another witness who was inside the event described dropping to the ground after hearing five gunshots in quick succession.

Jason, who did not give his surname, told the BBC: "We see the Secret Service jump on Trump to protect him; everyone on the ground dropped down very quickly.

Then he "stood up and put his fist up in the air".

"He was a little bloody, his ear was bleeding. He stood up and he was alive and breathing."

An emergency department doctor at the rally told CBS News, the BBC's US partner, that he treated a crowd member for a gunshot wound to the head.

"I heard the shots, I thought it was firecrackers to begin with," he said.

"Someone over there was screaming 'He's been shot, he's been shot'.

"They guy had spun around [and was] jammed between the benches."

"There was a lot of blood."

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Thanks.

I've said this before. Why do I read/post in PPP given how no one is ever going to convince anyone of anything here?

One of the reasons is that some posters actually have experience in an area I don't know about, and I appreciate this kind of input. Sometimes I learn something ...

If we can all just learn one thing about the assassination attempt last night. Even with the type of ads we run vs a political opponent. Hopefully it's to tone down all the rhetoric.

Unfortunately some people can be convinced enough to take matters into their own hands.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, muppy said:

not from moi any more.  Take the good if you really think this place is worth your time. It's really not. it is a total waste of time. You lay down with dogs you're going to  catch fleas.

I come here mainly to see reactions and rarely engage, but I like it here better than social media. At least here I know a little bit of the background and tendencies behind the reactions I see.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I love all this talk of divine intervention. I mean people can believe what they want but it always makes me laugh at the idea of God sparing Donald Trump's life. I guess God had a real problem with JFK and his brother. Maybe he had a thing for Marilyn 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I’m not at “DEI is why this happened.”  Not yet at least.  And I will not at all question the courage the agents showed by covering Trump.  

But this absolutely should give pause and force every sane person to understand what a total debacle DEI is - you will never get “best” or “most qualified” with it.   

Nothing looked right after he got up and what they did.  

The most startling moment is the agent yelling “what now?, where are we going what do we do!?”

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, muppy said:

not from moi any more.  Take the good if you really think this place is worth your time. It's really not. it is a total waste of time. You lay down with dogs you're going to  catch fleas.

Sad but true.

There's the occasional illuminating post, like the one I just mentioned.

Then there's my admittedly perverse interest in seeing how social media corrupts the thinking of this group of (mostly) aging men. My amateur anthropology project ...

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

All three parts exist outside of space and time as we know it. He's not the literal DNA of God. I think you mean that figuratively...

Jesus is the Son of YHWH. Just as you are the seed of your biological father, Jesus is the seed of our Heavenly Father.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh Shapiro was fantastic earlier today. 

Biden, I decided to wait and see if he meets the moment. 

NOPE

Are you kidding me with this!?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

If that's our guy, it's consistent with the psychological break pattern we've seen with other shooters. Intelligent, seemingly mild-mannered HS student. A couple years later, obsessed/paranoid street screamer. 

And sadly, a probably well-meaning but incredibly ill considered response by his dad: maybe shooting sports will be his thing; hey, let's buy him an AR-15.

Just now, Big Blitz said:

This is a gross embarrassing way of trying to get your base to think this guy was actually a MAGA Republican.  

Complete trash.  

Like California.  

Probably because he’s sick of the rampant regressivism and borderline QAnon level the modern GOP is at 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3

Just now, Big Blitz said:

This is a gross embarrassing way of trying to get your base to think this guy was actually a MAGA Republican.  

Complete trash.  

Like California.  

Well, that's because you don't know why a young man suffering some kind of mental break would act in any circumstance.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, that's because you don't know why a young man suffering some kind of mental break would act in any circumstance.

We know.  

• Thank you (+1) 3