Attempted Assassination on President Trump

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Yeah, I root for people to kill themselves?

You know how stupid you sound?

The only pathetic one here is you pal. 

And you can shove the rest of your insults up your azz as you don't shytt about shyyt, typical dumb leftist. 

Oof, the irony.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

An Assassination Attempt on Trump Has Been the Dems' Goal All Along

STEPHEN KRUISER 

Some part of me would like to say that the attempted assassination of former President Donald Trump was "shocking," but it really wasn't. It was awful and depressing, of course, but I can't say that I was shocked. 

The Democrats have done everything they could since 2016 to make last Saturday happen, dutifully aided and abetted by their flying monkeys in the mainstream media. I use word unhinged a lot when writing about the Left, not because I have a limited vocabulary, but because it's the most accurate description of the way that they have been behaving since Trump was elected. 

Matt wrote yesterday that Tucker Carlson had predicted this last year: 

“If you begin with criticism, then you go to protest, then you go to impeachment, now you go to indictment and none of them work. What’s next? Graph it out, man. We’re speeding towards assassination, obviously," he said in an interview with comedian and podcaster Adam Carolla. 

I had forgotten all about that. As Matt's post details, the MSM hacks were all over Carlson for that, calling it a conspiracy theory. 

If there is one thing that we on the Right have learned since the pandemic, it's that "conspiracy theory" is leftist code for "They're correct, but we can't admit that." 

The reaction from the Left has been pathetic and predictable. There have been a lot of variations of "Well, he kind of brought this on himself." David Frum vomited up some drivel at The Atlantic where he tried to draw a line connecting Trump supporters who legally open carry at rallies and the guy who tried to kill Trump. 

The New York Times Editorial Board wrote an Opinion piece titled "The Attack On Trump Is Antithetical to America," which is rich coming from a group of people who preside over a stable of columnists who regularly compare Trump to Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini, while telling everyone that a Trump election will destroy democracy. They keep the Trump hate turned up to 11 at the Times all day, every day. 

Democrats and their media lapdogs can continue to pretend that they don't condone violence, but hateful rhetoric about Donald Trump has been their brand for eight years now. Let's not forget the generous assist that they have been getting from the Never Trumpers all this time. 

We can be grateful that Trump survived while we mourn the tragic death of Corey Comperatore, who died protecting his family. 

As for the calls from the Left to tone things down, I won't be holding my breath while waiting for that to happen. 

https://pjmedia.com/stephen-kruiser/2024/07/15/the-morning-briefing-an-assassination-attempt-on-trump-has-been-the-dems-goal-all-along-n4930694

When Trump came on the political scene he ratcheted up the hate and vitriol. He attacked immigrants, muslims, disabled people, etc... He hasn't really stopped or toned it down. If anything it's gotten worse. He incited the January 6 riot and then refused to call in the national guard to stop it. Policemen serving our nation died. His supporters even said they wanted to hang his own VP.  What's the old saying: "you reap what you sow".  Trump has sowed hatred and violence his entire, brief political career and his followers have taken their cues. So, it's not particularly surprising. 

Now, unfortunately, Trump has brought the entire political system down into the gutter with him. The Dems are also now frothing at the mouth to dispose of Trump and their rhetoric is often just as inflammatory.  Politicians have taken what should be civil policy discourse and turned it into a life or death struggle. And the people have followed suit. It's totally ridiculous.  You want to know what real struggle is? Go to Sudan, or Gaza or Ukraine, or go spend a night in a Rohingya refugee camp.  This country doesn't need to be fighting in this way over relatively minor differences.  We've created false divisions and are all up in arms over relatively nothing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, harmonkillebrew said:

When Trump came on the political scene he ratcheted up the hate and vitriol. He attacked immigrants, muslims, disabled people, etc... He hasn't really stopped or toned it down. If anything it's gotten worse. He incited the January 6 riot and then refused to call in the national guard to stop it. Policemen serving our nation died. His supporters even said they wanted to hang his own VP.  What's the old saying: "you reap what you sow".  Trump has sowed hatred and violence his entire, brief political career and his followers have taken their cues. So, it's not particularly surprising. 

Now, unfortunately, Trump has brought the entire political system down into the gutter with him. The Dems are also now frothing at the mouth to dispose of Trump and their rhetoric is often just as inflammatory.  Politicians have taken what should be civil policy discourse and turned it into a life or death struggle. And the people have followed suit. It's totally ridiculous.  You want to know what real struggle is? Go to Sudan, or Gaza or Ukraine, or go spend a night in a Rohingya refugee camp.  This country doesn't need to be fighting in this way over relatively minor differences.  We've created false divisions and are all up in arms over relatively nothing.

When you say "he ratcheted up the hate and vitriol", what was the standard pre-Trump?  What constituted hate and vitriol at an acceptable, pre-ratcheted level?  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

When you say "he ratcheted up the hate and vitriol", what was the standard pre-Trump?  What constituted hate and vitriol at an acceptable, pre-ratcheted level?  

Well certainly more that VP Biden claiming that Mitt Romney was going to put "Blacks back in chains"

No ?

B-)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Trump changed the game on this front. That was obvious to everyone. Rallies and debates became a whole different animal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Trump changed the game on this front. That was obvious to everyone. Rallies and debates became a whole different animal.

I think when you say "obvious to everyone", what you really mean is "obvious to some".  Be that as it may--and I can accept you feel that way, there's a difference between "Trump and Trump alone uses hate speech" and what the OP poster implied, which is that he took hate speech that existed and bumped it to another level.

All I asked for was the pre-Trump hate speech standard.  @B-Man brought up putting people back in chains, for example.  Was that cool? 

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No.

Just to you and your bias.

The 2016 debates were entertaining in a way no other debates the last few decades had been. That was all Trump. To deny that is just weird.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Yeah, I root for people to kill themselves?

You know how stupid you sound?

So you need me to pull your own quotes because you're so stupid you don't know what you did or said 5 minutes ago?

You're dumber than a goldfish.

36 minutes ago, njbuff said:

And you can shove the rest of your insults up your azz as you don't shytt about shyyt, typical dumb leftist. 

Thanks for proving my point. You have no idea what my worldview is.

You're such a spoonfed weak-minded parrot that you instantly assume that anybody who recognizes your pathetic hypocrisy must care about your mindless lapdog politics.

When my country finally implodes, it will be spoiled-rotten little cheerleaders like you that caused it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

So you need me to pull your own quotes because you're so stupid you don't know what you did or said 5 minutes ago?

You're dumber than a goldfish.

Came here to get your personal insult fix? 😆

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Came here to get your personal insult fix? 😆

It's good to let off a shot of steam every few years. :D

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Go watch Reagan, G HW Bush or even McCain or Mitt Romney debate. They didn't vilify immigrants and call them criminals and murderers.  No one ever proposed a "muslim ban", not even after 9/11. No president ever incited his followers to storm the Capitol to try and stop the certification of votes. 

Newt Gingrich used to be the poster child for Republican hate and vitriol, but he is pretty friggin mild in comparison to Trump.

The tenor of our politics has gotten so much worse than it ever was, despite relatively minor problems in comparison to the past. There is no Vietnam War or civil rights movement, for example. Now the politicians are the ones creating the problems and stoking the flames. Biden also deserves his fair share of blame, but he's not been nearly as bad as Trump over the past 8 years.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Well certainly more that VP Biden claiming that Mitt Romney was going to put "Blacks back in chains"

No ?

B-)

At least he was attacking the candidate and his policies, not an entire segment of humanity (like immigrants or Muslims)

56 minutes ago, harmonkillebrew said:

When Trump came on the political scene he ratcheted up the hate and vitriol. He attacked immigrants, muslims, disabled people, etc... He hasn't really stopped or toned it down. If anything it's gotten worse. He incited the January 6 riot and then refused to call in the national guard to stop it.

Both lies. He told protesters to march peacefully and patriotically to the Capitol.

He pre authorized up to 20k national guard which local authorities must request first by law for it to be deployed.

Both the DC mayor and house/senate sergeants at arms refused to make official NG tequest.

Policemen serving our nation died. His supporters even said they wanted to hang his own VP.  What's the old saying: "you reap what you sow".  Trump has sowed hatred and violence his entire, brief political career and his followers have taken their cues. So, it's not particularly surprising. 

Wrong. Four people died at the Capitol on J6. All Trump supporters. No law enforcement officers died on J6.

You've probably only heard one name before, reliable media and all,  but here are the names of the only four people who died at the Capitol on J6.

Ashli Babbitt, Rosanne Boyland, Kevin Greeson, Benjamin Phillips.

Maybe, just maybe stop calling Trump  who admittedly can be unconventional and bombastic, Hitler and a dictator.

Might be a good start towards healing "false divisions" after eight years of hammering he's Hitler rhetoric into the heads of half the country.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, harmonkillebrew said:

Go watch Reagan, G HW Bush or even McCain or Mitt Romney debate. They didn't vilify immigrants and call them criminals and murderers.  No one ever proposed a "muslim ban", not even after 9/11. No president ever incited his followers to storm the Capitol to try and stop the certification of votes. 

Newt Gingrich used to be the poster child for Republican hate and vitriol, but he is pretty friggin mild in comparison to Trump.

The tenor of our politics has gotten so much worse than it ever was, despite relatively minor problems in comparison to the past. There is no Vietnam War or civil rights movement, for example. Now the politicians are the ones creating the problems and stoking the flames. Biden also deserves his fair share of blame, but he's not been nearly as bad as Trump over the past 8 years.

Two easy examples:

BHO - bitter clingers

HRC - deplorables. 

Why no mention? Pretty large swath of people being insulted with those comments. 

• Thank you (+1) 2