Attempted Assassination on President Trump

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Second this.  It was a good show during that time period.  Especially if you’re someone who’s into politics and the “inside baseball” game of it behind the scenes. 

I don’t know where the go from here, but to have your show pulled on one of the biggest political Mondays in recent history has to be a deep wound for them. 

The network was worried either Mika or Joe would say something like "too bad he missed". The quiet part out loud that the extreme left are all thinking but the majority are smart enough not to say.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Second this.  It was a good show during that time period.  Especially if you’re someone who’s into politics and the “inside baseball” game of it behind the scenes. 

I don’t know where the go from here, but to have your show pulled on one of the biggest political Mondays in recent history has to be a deep wound for them. 

The thing I left out: they became deeply embarrassed by how close (and supportive by allowing him to talk freely for half an hour at a time) they were to Trump, and they've spent the last 8 years trying to make you forget that by their constant anti-Trump drumbeat. They were happy to be the Hannity & Wife of the Left. It made them the darlings of the liberal social/party circuit and they've loved it.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

@LeviF can verify but this is 100% wrong whoever that dude is... USSS are federal agents and have the ability to operate anywhere in the United States.

The guy carrying a gun can carry it anywhere but once he begins an illegal act (pointing a weapon) he is in the US which is jurisdiction of USSS.

stop believing everything on X. jesus... can't wait for the Dems to believe in their own Q-Anon.

I mean depending on the context it may be accurate to a degree. The Secret Service can't stop people from legally carrying weapons outside of a perimeter that they've set. But once someone presents as a threat all of the normal police rules of engagement apply: objective reasonableness and the like. It is objectively reasonable for a federal agent to fire on somebody who has assumed a prone position with a rifle with a clear view of a protectee, "jurisdiction" notwithstanding.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, LeviF said:

I mean depending on the context it may be accurate to a degree. The Secret Service can't stop people from legally carrying weapons outside of a perimeter that they've set. But once someone presents as a threat all of the normal police rules of engagement apply: objective reasonableness and the like. It is objectively reasonable for a federal agent to fire on somebody who has assumed a prone position with a rifle with a clear view of a protectee, "jurisdiction" notwithstanding.

Presents a threat? Like crawling onto the roof of a building and assuming a shooting position facing the podium 150 yards away from a political rally? He should have been shot dead the moment that was evident. But they hesitated to act. I am only guessing but i suspect they were working under rules of engagement that required them to get "permission" to neutralize the suspect. And the order was slow in coming.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Presents a threat? Like crawling onto the roof of a building and assuming a shooting position facing the podium 150 yards away from a political rally? 

Uh yes that's exactly what I said.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

oh no! You’re going to boycott him? That’ll work about as well as your Bud Light boycott 

Nobody is boycotting Jack Black, he’s not relevant enough anymore for that, but…

??

That actually worked though. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

Roundy is right on point as usual.

The point is the guy said on stage in front of thousands that he wishes the current leading candidate for President was murdered.

That point goes miles over its head is not surprising.

TDS.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

Roundy is right on point as usual.

The point is the guy said on stage in front of thousands that he wishes the current leading candidate for President was murdered.

That point goes miles over its head is not surprising.

TDS.

Until some other nut job says I'm sick and tired of these liberal savages shooting their mouths off and shoots Black dead. 

An Assassination Attempt on Trump Has Been the Dems' Goal All Along

STEPHEN KRUISER 

Some part of me would like to say that the attempted assassination of former President Donald Trump was "shocking," but it really wasn't. It was awful and depressing, of course, but I can't say that I was shocked. 

The Democrats have done everything they could since 2016 to make last Saturday happen, dutifully aided and abetted by their flying monkeys in the mainstream media. I use word unhinged a lot when writing about the Left, not because I have a limited vocabulary, but because it's the most accurate description of the way that they have been behaving since Trump was elected. 

Matt wrote yesterday that Tucker Carlson had predicted this last year: 

“If you begin with criticism, then you go to protest, then you go to impeachment, now you go to indictment and none of them work. What’s next? Graph it out, man. We’re speeding towards assassination, obviously," he said in an interview with comedian and podcaster Adam Carolla. 

I had forgotten all about that. As Matt's post details, the MSM hacks were all over Carlson for that, calling it a conspiracy theory. 

If there is one thing that we on the Right have learned since the pandemic, it's that "conspiracy theory" is leftist code for "They're correct, but we can't admit that." 

The reaction from the Left has been pathetic and predictable. There have been a lot of variations of "Well, he kind of brought this on himself." David Frum vomited up some drivel at The Atlantic where he tried to draw a line connecting Trump supporters who legally open carry at rallies and the guy who tried to kill Trump. 

The New York Times Editorial Board wrote an Opinion piece titled "The Attack On Trump Is Antithetical to America," which is rich coming from a group of people who preside over a stable of columnists who regularly compare Trump to Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini, while telling everyone that a Trump election will destroy democracy. They keep the Trump hate turned up to 11 at the Times all day, every day. 

Democrats and their media lapdogs can continue to pretend that they don't condone violence, but hateful rhetoric about Donald Trump has been their brand for eight years now. Let's not forget the generous assist that they have been getting from the Never Trumpers all this time. 

We can be grateful that Trump survived while we mourn the tragic death of Corey Comperatore, who died protecting his family. 

As for the calls from the Left to tone things down, I won't be holding my breath while waiting for that to happen. 

https://pjmedia.com/stephen-kruiser/2024/07/15/the-morning-briefing-an-assassination-attempt-on-trump-has-been-the-dems-goal-all-along-n4930694

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Uh yes that's exactly what I said.

so if i am of little iq and my name might happen to be logged in as @Roundybout ... i might not be concerned with Pennsylvania open carry law being an issue because that law doesn't cover pointing the weapon (loaded or not) at someone?

hell, you can shoot someone for picking up a rock and throwing it at you.

43 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Morning Joe: I used to watch it every morning while getting ready for work. Not a particularly entertaining show, but I was well aware that the movers and shakers in DC watched it too, particularly the last hour.

When Trump announced for President in 2015, Morning Joe was probably his largest single source of free publicity - what the Trump people started to call "earned media." They'd have him call in over and over again. They pumped up his presidential run (remember, Joe was a Republican then). I was never sure whether they did it for ratings/publicity or because they thought he brought something interesting to the conversation. Whichever, it was noticed and helped propel Trump as a real (not joke) candidate.

They turned on him, at first by saying something vaguely anti-Trump (probably his damn fool co-host and soon to be wife Mika), pissing off Trump, and causing Trump to go all Trump on her, commenting on her recent facial surgery.

That was the end. Suddenly Trump was the enemy. Mika drove Joe straight into the arms of the Democratic establishment, and the show took on a daily anti-Trump focus. I don't know what it did to ratings, but I do know that it drove me away from the show. Not because I disagreed (no surprise that I was and am anti-Trump) but because it was boring. Blowhard Joe going on 15 minute monologues about how awful Trump is with Mike shaking her head beside him. Just terrible TV with nothing resembling "news" that I ought to know because the policy makers in DC were watching too.

So I kind of hope this is the beginning of the end for them. Blowhard egotist and faux intellectual daughter of a real intellectual who now exist mainly to get invitations to liberal social events.

I’ve never watched them. I could never understand how people watch that ***** tv.

• Like (+1) 2

The Immaculate Conception of Thomas Crooks

GSZssFgXoAA1cE2-e1720925261312.jpeg

Had Saturday’s assassination attempt been carried out against President Joe Biden, we have no doubt we would have read about how the right’s dangerous rhetoric was behind it.

We are old enough to remember more than a decade back when former Alaska governor Sarah Palin’s use of crosshairs imagery to identify congressional districts—or, as the Atlantic’s James Fallows put it, "extreme, implicitly violent political rhetoric and imagery"—was fingered as an incitement for former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords’s (D., Ariz.) shooter. (He was, in fact, a deranged individual with no discernible motivation, political or otherwise.)

We could go on: The media fatuously attributed a Georgia spa shooting in 2021 to right-wing, anti-Asian hatred while the motivations of the left-wing lunatic who almost took out Rep. Steve Scalise (R., La.) and other Republican lawmakers on a baseball field in 2017 went studiously unexamined.

Plenty of poisonous rhetoric has been flying around on the left for the past decade. Biden is waging a campaign whose only argument, expressed with intermittent coherency, is that democracy is on the ballot. "We’re done talking about the debate, it’s time to put Trump in a bull’s eye," Biden told donors last week. Even in the 2022 midterms he was scaremongering in front of Washington, D.C.’s Union Station, telling voters that the race was about "democracy itself" and a Republican victory would "allow dark forces to thirst," whatever that means. The New Republic and others compare former president Donald Trump to Hitler.

We don’t know whether those moronic and misguided talking points led Thomas Crooks to try to assassinate Trump, but there are a few things we do know.

1. The Democratic Party has bathed itself in violent and hysterical rhetoric about Trump. See above. And yet, the Democratic Party has consistently egged on Trump in the belief that he is the weakest possible standard bearer for the GOP.
  2. Trump is a force of nature, a unique political talent, and a showman who at the moment of maximum danger yesterday was at his finest. As it turns out, the Republican primary voters who nominated him see things clearly.
  3. The media are a spectacularly incompetent and ineffectual arm of the Democratic Party that has done more to empower Trump’s rise and resurrection than any other institution in American life. Their raison d’etre is defeating Trump and they’re about to go 1 for 3.
  4. The ultimate dissonance comes from the well wishes of Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, and other pooh-bas of the Democratic Party. "Get well soon, Donald, so you can get back to destroying our democracy!" Either they didn’t actually believe their self-interested talking points about Trump the tyrant or they are coming to the realization that the public doesn’t buy it.

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/the-immaculate-conception-of-thomas-crooks/

• Agree 1