Attempted Assassination on President Trump

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Whats the destination he wants?

Because he’s lost a ton of money, some of his business and is facing prison time, while now being shot. 

Fame, power, being remembered, most important, staying relevant. I'm sure he would trade several fortunes for that at this stage of his life. 

Just now, Mikie2times said:

Fame, power, being remembered, most important, staying relevant. I'm sure he would trade several fortunes for that at this stage of his life. 

So.. the reason why anyone tries to be President. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Mikie2times said:

That's interesting. I don't hear a lot of breaking news from former Presidents. 

Well.. one of them is running a shadow government, so, there’s that. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

It's one of the main reasons I stay off Facebook. That AI stuff fools old people especially.

To be fair - the national media fools people all the time. 

Just now, SCBills said:

Well.. one of them is running a shadow government, so, there’s that. 

As you were saying, most Presidents when they finish don't really show up in the headlines. They're already historic. If fame is a driver, it has limitations. Which is why we see them quietly exit to rarely be heard from again. Trumps entire life has been building his image, and his brand of success. Staying relevant in the public eye is everything. He was a democrat in his late 50's. Do you think he just had a revelation that all of his views were wrong? That god was the way? That conservative values suddenly mattered so much to him that he had to fight to become president so he could save the people? Praise Jesus! Give me a break. I doubt you believe this. Maybe you do. Maybe he just found a really disenfranchised group of people to champion and the fact that none of it is actually real is fine because in the end it works for all involved. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bockeye said:

Agreed.  

This is where Libs like you go off the rails. 

Conservatives believe in the constitution and Bill of Rights. 

Libs want:

-To ban freedom of speech 

-To get rid of the 2nd amendment 

-To allow illegal aliens freely into our country 

-To create a nanny state

-Rekindle racism 

-Force individuals to comply with the government by any means necessary 

The list goes on….. 

I’m curious (and probably correct), but you strike me as someone who has had a rough life and relied upon government subsidies to get through OR possibly too much indoctrination in universities with degree stacking but not many results. 

Just bumping. 

Your lack of response is deafening and I would surmise I hit the nail on the head. 🤣 

7 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

As you were saying, most Presidents when they finish don't really show up in the headlines. They're already historic. If fame is a driver, it has limitations. Which is why we see them quietly exit to rarely be heard from again. Trumps entire life has been building his image, and his brand of success. Staying relevant in the public eye is everything. He was a democrat in his late 50's. Do you think he just had a revelation that all of his views were wrong? That god was the way? That conservative values suddenly mattered so much to him that he had to fight to become president so he could save the people? Praise Jesus! Give me a break. I doubt you believe this. Maybe you do. Maybe he just found a really disenfranchised group of people to champion and the fact that none of it is actually real is fine because in the end it works for all involved. 

I'd suggest you start thinking....the "Left/Right" and Democrat/Republican has shifted DRAMATICALLY in the last 10-20-30 years

8 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

To be fair - the national media fools people all the time. 

For sure, but it's still pretty easy for rational people to just wait and get the facts as they come in. Future generations in America would certainly benefit from a better education system. If there's one thing I wish our country invested in more, it's that. Would probably make it less easy for the average American to be fooled. As far as systemic advantages go, I think politicians are all for having a gullible, uneducated base of voters.

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Have you seen the movie Civil War? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

I'd suggest you start thinking....the "Left/Right" and Democrat/Republican has shifted DRAMATICALLY in the last 10-20-30 years

The values of the MAGA movement have never been close to what democrats supported in the early 2000's. It's not like he's leaning away from the woke movement. He's inherited the entire conservative playbook. 

Edited by Mikie2times

53 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I don't think it's that simple. He says false statements so frequently it becomes impossible to keep up with. Not to say he's the only person in US history who has been dishonest in politics. I'm sure many are. But I have never recalled somebody at this level being so consistently dishonest in basic things. I'm not talking about things like saying Biden didn't win or bigger things the left likes to discuss. I'm talking about little interactions that happen in normal communication.

I don't trust him.  I don't believe his main focus or concern is for Americans. I think he uses the office of Presidency to fill a lifetime spent obsessed with money, fame, and power for himself often times at the expense of others. I don't think he cares about conservative values, religion, or the majority of the subjects his most vocal supporters agree with. It's all a vehicle to get him to the destination he wants.  I don't need the left to tell me this stuff. To me it's rather obvious when you follow his life prior to being president up until the time he became president. 

I will also add that Biden is the last guy I want running this country. It's an absolute travesty these two candidates are the best people our political system can churn out. But whats probably even more shocking to me is that either of these people have bonified supporters. 

"Follow his life prior to being President"

This is the aspect of the situation that surprises me the most. I mean, we all knew who he was through the 90s, through "The Apprentice," remember him trying to buy the Buffalo Bills....

Like, how do people all of a sudden think he's this righteous, God-fearing man? It's really an astounding accomplishment by his PR team taking advantage of really gullible citizens.

• Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

I honestly can't believe that Trump is saying the right things about unity right now.  Imagine if half of his nutbar followers would do that instead of feeding their heads full of media that makes them "think".  He could have been a wildly popular president if he just always handled things like this.  Maybe he really is a Christian, and he's having some clarity now.  We can hope. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4th&long said:

LOL, I’m sure you know or understand when and why my dislike of trump began. 

Show us on the doll where the orange man touched you.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mikie2times said:

You must be new to the discussions here because I’ve never been a Trump guy. 

You just keep repeating things about Trump, that apply to most other politicians, and pretend like he’s different. 

He’s only different because the media tells you he is through a combination of lies, manipulation and omission. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

You must be new to the discussions here because I’ve never been a Trump guy. 

You just keep repeating things about Trump, that apply to most other politicians, and pretend like he’s different. 

He’s only different because the media tells you he is through a combination of lies, manipulation and omission. 

I'm being manipulated by the media I don't follow and never trusted. Thanks for freeing me of from these mental chains. You're doing the lords work like Donald.  

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

Show us on the doll where the orange man touched you.

He's beyond any man now.

He's elevated his status to The Orange Bull.

• Like (+1) 1

Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels stated in The Communist Manifesto and later works that "the first step in the revolution by the working class, is to raise the proletariat to the position of ruling class, to win the battle of democracy" and universal suffrage, being "one of the first and most important tasks of the militant proletariat.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels stated in The Communist Manifesto and later works that "the first step in the revolution by the working class, is to raise the proletariat to the position of ruling class, to win the battle of democracy" and universal suffrage, being "one of the first and most important tasks of the militant proletariat.”

I love the Communists.  I will go to my grave saying that even after this weekends political violence that the only good Communist is a dead one.

Better dead than red.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2