Attempted Assassination on President Trump

4 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

The youngest generations right now are rife with anger, resentment and no sense of purpose. It’s been bad for a long time but only seems to be getting worse. 

It’s a shame that kids (and society at large really) have such a lack of perspective that they’re unable to appreciate what they have. 

I think social media has a lot to do with this.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Portrait of the shooter begins to emerge.

- Loner

- Bullied in HS on a daily basis

- Smart, but withdrawn. 

- Father bought the AR-15 about 10 years ago, let shooter use it

- Shooter wanted to be on HS Rifle team, but was such a bad shot that the coach feared letting him on would be a safety issue

- No known history of mental illness.

- No evident political beliefs other than the contribution to a liberal group and subsequent registration as a Republican

Wouldn't surprise me if we learn he was on the autism spectrum. Not that different from Sandy Hook shooter. Tragic in many ways.

I agree.   This is just my opinion but likely this had nothing to do with politics.  This kid was lashing out and wanted to make a statement.  This was a public event, near where he lived with lots of people.  His opportunity.   Anyone who is pointing fingers at one side or the other is part of the problem.  Too many shootings in this country...period.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I do honestly think we’re going to have a reckoning on social media in the coming years, at bare minimum the addictive algorithms companies use to feed you more dopamine-creating content. More and more people are rejecting the AI slop getting pushed at us 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

100%

Also throwing pills at kids from a young age, coddling them, lack of spirituality… it’s like the human race came this far just to start going backwards in a hurry. 

19 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

What political party you register under means nothing…Who you actually contribute to and support would seem to tell a bigger story…

There are plenty of people, especially on tv (Morning Joe, Anna Navarro) who claim to be Republican…Yet they espouse their love and support for Biden (and his leftist policies) and hatred of Trump…

Party registration means nothing..👍

And a $15 donation to a progressive group (not the Democratic party per se) means nothing.  The kid may have been concerned about climate change.  I don't think this kid was political at all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

I do honestly think we’re going to have a reckoning on social media in the coming years, at bare minimum the addictive algorithms companies use to feed you more dopamine-creating content. More and more people are rejecting the AI slop getting pushed at us 

Agreed. Just phones in general too, something happens in school and everyone in school knows it happens less then 5 minutes.

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

100%

Also throwing pills at kids from a young age, coddling them, lack of spirituality… it’s like the human race came this far just to start going backwards in a hurry. 

I agree, I'm lucky where I live and work. A small rural school.

36 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Portrait of the shooter begins to emerge.

Most people would provide a link for these statements, but not you I guess 

Also those of us who are adults can readily remember that the DNC encouraged dems to register as Republicans to vote in primaries 

As @JaCrispy said , his registration means nothing. 

https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-crossover-voting-gop-primary-republicans-trump-1850387

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I agree.   This is just my opinion but likely this had nothing to do with politics.  This kid was lashing out and wanted to make a statement.  This was a public event, near where he lived with lots of people.  His opportunity.   Anyone who is pointing fingers at one side or the other is part of the problem.  Too many shootings in this country...period.

It’s amazing to me that all the money that is put into protecting presidents and former presidents and as highly trained as the secret service agents are that some pencil neck geek, still wet behind the ears, grabs his fathers gun climbs a roof and gets shot’s off on the former president and current front runner for the Republican Party. Just breaches all that security, money, training etc…

kinda mind boggling.

1 minute ago, 4th&long said:

It’s amazing to me that all the money that is put into protecting presidents and former presidents and as highly trained as the secret service agents are that some pencil neck geek, still wet behind the ears, grabs his fathers gun climbs a roof and gets shot’s off on the former president and current front runner for the Republican Party. Just breaches all that security, money, training etc…

kinda mind boggling.

Apparently, the entire perimeter was open and unprotected.  The SS is saying it was the purview of local law enforcement.  People in the stands could see the kid and we're trying to alert the authorities but no one was paying attention.  Their focus was the immediate crowd.

20 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

And a $15 donation to a progressive group (not the Democratic party per se) means nothing.  The kid may have been concerned about climate change.  I don't think this kid was political at all.

There’s typically only 3 reasons one would commit a political assassination attempt…(1) You are hired to do so…(2) You are brainwashed into committing the act…Or (3) You, yourself, are political, and opposed to the particular politician…

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Apparently, the entire perimeter was open and unprotected.  The SS is saying it was the purview of local law enforcement.  People in the stands could see the kid and we're trying to alert the authorities but no one was paying attention.  Their focus was the immediate crowd.

I call BS. Why would the SS ever defer to local LE?

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

And this was pre recorded??

I have to give it to Joe. He tried. He tried to be stern. He tried to look like he had a backbone.

Instead, he stumbled over words again, looked transfixed on his teleprompter, and was just Joe in general.

He will never come close to the fist pump.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, LeviF said:

My quote from 20 hours ago. 

“Let me guess. He has a history of mental illness, was seeing a shrink for it, was known to the FBI as a risk, and was given a gun permit anyway.”

I was a little off but the “type” was right on. 

Every shooter is like this the last 10 years. Some conspiracy theorists would call this a typical MK Ultra patsy. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

There’s typically only 3 reasons one would commit a political assassination attempt…(1) You are hired to do so…(2) You are brainwashed into committing the act…Or (3) You, yourself, are political, and opposed to the particular politician…

That's my point.  I don't think this was an assassination attempt as much as it was a mass shooting.  However, I will defer any further opinion pending the full investigation.  

I would add that if Trump was targeted by this kid, it could just as easily have been because he viewed Trump as a bully.   I want to hear more confirmation regarding the explosives in his car etc.

Edited by jkeerie
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1