Attempted Assassination on President Trump

16 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Contra Gentes by St. Athanasius is an excellent read if you have the time. One of the most important works of the early Church.

I haven't read that. Thanks for the suggestion.

I have always been partial to Pascal. For him it was kind of a "you may have already won" thing. Yes, your fate was kinda sorta predestined. But you could blow it, or you could believe and claim it.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/pascal/

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, 4th&long said:

It was staged. The person was that bad a shot? No one behind him was hit? Trump looks like a martyr.

Unbelievable 

2 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

There is no “free will” as interpreted by region. There is informed will. 

Tell me how a child growing up with a crack mom and gangster dad has the ability to freely choose? He is ultimately influenced and people are influenced by those around them - family, friends, media, religion, etc. 

Our free will and the choices we make have ramifications on those around us. This is a vital lesson which is also demonstrated in that initial tale of the first two humans.

It's a world of pain and suffering, but not because God is intervening and ruling over it, as some here seem to think.

To say God is intervening and ruling this world in one breath and then say this world has gone down the tubes in the next breath presents a conflict. What are you saying about God then?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I don’t know what His will is but I also believe He may have a very important role for President Trump to fill once he wins in November and takes his rightful place in the Oval office in January.

"his rightful place" according to people who refuse to believe he lost last time.  they really really believe this.

The Bible talks about who seats at HIS righteous right hand, and it is NOT Donald trump. its ****** blasphemy. It's why people believe MAGA is a cult. it's creepy as ****

Trump Bible indeed. 

@Beast

The “right hand” is seen as a place of honor and status throughout the biblical text. When the Bible makes statements that Jesus Christ sits at the right hand of the Father, it is affirming that he has equal status to the Father within the Godhead (Hebrews 1:3, 12:2; 1 Peter 3:22; Acts 7:55-56)

Edited by muppy
  • Eyeroll 2

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Our free will and the choices we make have ramifications on those around us. This is a vital lesson which is also demonstrated in that initial tale of the first two humans.

It's a world of pain and suffering, but not because God is intervening and ruling over it, as some here seem to think.

To say God is intervening and ruling this world in one breath and then say this world has gone down the tubes in the next breath presents a conflict. What are you saying about God then?

I’m 100% in agreement that god has zero intervention on the world we live in (if in fact there is a single entity called god).

My point is that there is no such thing as “free will”.  There is only “informed will”…..So when you say “our free will choices we make….” , I have a different view. 

3 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

It's eye opening to see the vile comments by the left supporting violence against political opponents.  

But it's also predictable as the left has been turning this way for a few years now. 

Three men were convicted of supporting a plot to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer, the Democratic governor of Michigan.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Probably a gigantic neon sign with "Hey everyone, here's one of those false idols I warned you about" on it. 

The Orange Bull.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Capco said:

Three men were convicted of supporting a plot to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer, the Democratic governor of Michigan.

Those were damn near-moron status fools who had their free will corrupted by savvy government informers. I read that right here.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, muppy said:

Typical. attack me and not the fact your candidate is a  total Liar who would do or say ANYTHING to get elected. Wether he believes in Christian values  or not I really think to MAGA it is irrelevant. That to ME speaks volumes about YOU Sir.

Loco 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

I lean right but am not a conspiracy theorist at all. The lefties that frequent this board cannot fathom that. That said, the shocking level of incompetence here seems willful and I could believe anything about it at this point. 

Yeah, maybe.  Or maybe they simply got a little lazy because it was out in the sticks which is usually Trump country. We'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

The voice of reason eloquently chimes in

She’s got to have one brain cell left bouncing around in there like a ping pong ball

• Like (+1) 1