Attempted Assassination on President Trump

1 minute ago, phypon said:

All the Leftists just died tonight.  F you all!

I assume you're drunk but this is still completely unacceptable.

We are better than this. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Nothing like an attempted assassination for lefties to all of a sudden call for national unity and calm after they’ve spent years stoking the fires leading up to yesterdays event. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Capco said:

I assume you're drunk but this is still completely unacceptable.

We are better than this. 

No, the left just lost all credibility.  Lost all support.  Lost many, many votes.  How do you not see that?  The left as a political party has completely crumbled.  Biden is a zombie, the party is infighting, and now an assassination attempt!!  Yes, the Left has died tonight.  The Leftist desperation is on full display and the Left has committed political suicide tonight.  The Left has failed.  You're done.  This is how far the Left is willing to go?  The Left has died tonight, plain and simple.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Nothing like an attempted assassination for lefties to all of a sudden call for national unity and calm after they’ve spent years stoking the fires leading up to yesterdays event. 

Like Trump isn't stoking the fires every time he tells his minnions that they won't have a country anymore ovee a number of issues.

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Pleased to meet him, hope you guessed his name.

I completely hate your posts except for your taste in music.  Stop making me think I could have a beer with you.

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Like Trump isn't stoking the fires every time he tells his minnions that they won't have a country anymore ovee a number of issues.

Oh, was it Trump calling for a "bullseye" on Biden?  Oh, that's right, it was the other way around.  Nice try, Lefty.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

Spend years making someone out to be literally Hitler and the biggest threat to Democracy since Russia. In a society where half the citizens can’t think for themselves and get their news from social media. What did they think was going to happen. 

Earlier today on another forum, I discussed the limits of the First Amendment's protections on speech.  

Interestingly enough, the case law governing this topic, namely Brandenburg v. Ohio, 395 U.S. 444 (1969), offers the following test for evaluating attempts by the government to punish inflammatory speech:

"The constitutional guarantees of free speech and free press do not permit a State to forbid or proscribe advocacy of the use of force or of law violation except where such advocacy is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action."

In other words, it's possible that years of a slow trickle of rhetoric that leads to lawless action qualifies as protected speech under the First Amendment, because it lacks the imminence element in the Brandenburg test.

Conversely, the former president's rhetoric that incited the violence on J6 probably does meet the imminence element in the Brandenburg test.

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Well, that obviously means Biden had nothing to do with it.

Nothing like this would be a spur of the moment decision.  It would be planned months in advance.  

Which in turns means that nothing like that tweet would ever have seen the light of day to begin with.  

It was just a tweet using very common parlance that looks very bad in hindsight, and nothing more (assuming the tweet and its deletion are factual statements to begin with).

• Eyeroll 2

9 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Trump just won the election today. I think even a lot of deranged lefties will come upon that realization if they somehow didn’t after the debate. The worst outcome today was that at least 3 innocent bystanders were injured or killed. 

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Lmao.  Definitely a fake.  It already got deleted.

Seriously though... sometimes I genuinely wonder how many of you guys would've purchased a "Jump to Conclusions" mat with different conclusions written on it that you could jump to.  

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Trump just won the election today. I think even a lot of deranged lefties will come upon that realization if they somehow didn’t after the debate. The worst outcome today was that at least 3 innocent bystanders were injured or killed. 

I notice you avoided the whole "stoking the fires" issue.

7 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I notice you avoided the whole "stoking the fires" issue.

As you ignored people were actually killed today and a former president was almost killed. You REALLY are missing the issue. But then again I don’t expect anything less. See ya Nov 5th!!

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Just for clarification, Cheatle does in fact have over two decades of experience with the SS. So don’t always believe everything you see online. 

There is an epidemic of left wing violence we need to talk about. This is what, the fourth or fifth right of center leader who has had an assassination attempt the last 12 months? Trump, the leader of Spain's right wing party, the leader of Slovenia, the AfD higher up, and was there someone in the Netherlands too?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1