1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

He needs someone in his administration that will give it to him straight and not kiss his boots. This speech was trash. It started out well but took a turn. Way too long and rambling. Someone said he went off script multiple times for up to 10 min at a time just winging it in parts. I saw that it was longer than the Bush, Obama, and Biden acceptance speeches combined. Just way too long. Just be presidential and read the speech and walk away and you win. 

What fun is that?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

He needs someone in his administration that will give it to him straight and not kiss his boots. This speech was trash. It started out well but took a turn. Way too long and rambling. Someone said he went off script multiple times for up to 10 min at a time just winging it in parts. I saw that it was longer than the Bush, Obama, and Biden acceptance speeches combined. Just way too long. Just be presidential and read the speech and walk away and you win. 

Mumblin' Joe and Ramblin' Don. The best and the brightest NOT.

1 minute ago, Process said:

Awful speech. Long, rambling, boring. This election is an embarrassment. 

So which one do you dread most when visiting the Senior Home, the tired old guy who mumbles and you never know what he's saying? Or the full of himself teller of old war stories who won't let you leave the room?

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Talk about putting a positive spin on a disaster.

UNSTOPPABLE is not a virtue in a political speech.

LOL you clearly have no clue what Trump speeches are.  

You want to see Fugazi Obama. 

Nope.  Country doesn’t need eloquent phonies.  

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Country doesn’t need eloquent phonies

So lack of eloquence is now a virtue.

He sounded like a rambling old self-aggrandizing fool.

At least I admitted that my guy stunk up the joint at the debate.

Trumpies will insist that that was the finest political speech ever.

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Exactly

The people criticizing the length don’t care about this.  

Damn right I don't care about this.

His speechwriters wrote him a nice tight speech that touched on his near-death moment, moved into his love of country and his feeling that he has been given a new chance to make it better, and then ended on a high "we are all Americans in this together" note.

And he effed it up with an hour long digression

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So the first 30 minutes were money.  

Great.  Game over.  No one undecided gives a ***t about the rest.  

He's so stupid he doesn't even realize it.

The comms people pimped it as a "New Trump" who would be a peacemaker, bringing people together. And they wrote him a nice speech that touched on those themes.

And then he negated all of that by going off script for nearly an hour with his old laundry list of grievances and self-aggrandizing war stories ("he said to me, Your Excellency - he calls me Your Excellency - we are willing to do what you ask us ..") Blah, blah, blah. Like when he used to pretend to be "John Barron," Donald Trump's publicist.

We forget what an idiot this man is.

So the first 30 minutes were money

No, because the takeaway will be "Trump rambles on for 1.5 hours in a low energy speech"

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No, because the takeaway will be "Trump rambles on for 1.5 hours in a low energy speech"

It’s July 18. 

NO ONE watching this speech is undecided. 

The point of the speech was to not come across as the caricature the left made him out to be for 9 years.  

And he did just that.  

The point of the speech was to not come across as the caricature the left made him out to be for 9 years.  

And he did just that.

Except for the hour-long spiel in the middle of a 1.5 hour speech.

Other than that, he appeared perfectly sane and presidential.

• Like (+1) 1

So the first 30 minutes were money.  

Great.  Game over.  No one undecided gives a ***t about the rest.  

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Damn right I don't care about this.

His speechwriters wrote him a nice tight speech that touched on his near-death moment, moved into his love of country and his feeling that he has been given a new chance to make it better, and then ended on a high "we are all Americans in this together" note.

That is the question to be seen. I agree the first 30 minutes were money, the rest was a bit much. I was in a room of die hard Trump supporters and they all went to bed after about 40 minutes in. 

I wish he would have kept it short and left the rest for his rallies. 

I dont know, all the slant and bias aside, I mean how many undecided voters are there really? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Not many, but as we saw in 2016 and 2020, just about 50,000 in a few key states can make all the difference.

And that is the most frustrating thing about American politics. A few counties/states get to decide everything for the country. With that being said, I do support the e.c. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

And that is the most frustrating thing about American politics. A few counties/states get to decide everything for the country. With that being said, I do support the e.c. 

Why?  It's stupid.  It's unfair and it wrongly weights your vote on which state you live in.  What's good about it?

I didn't watch but it seems it was booooooorring per this report

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2024/07/18/rnc-live-updates-coverage/trump-mentions-biden-00169702

This is interesting tho.  R's are still science deniers it seems

Former President Donald Trump says he will “unleash the power of American innovation” to get the country on the verge of curing Alzheimer’s and cancer — a topic that is increasingly of interest to patients, regulators and the health industry.

The issue of research has been highlighted through the campaigns, including by the Biden administration, which has touted its Cancer Moonshot initiative.

Funding cancer research has become an increasingly partisan issue in Congress, and the Biden administration has urged the National Institutes of Health to prepare for a future Trump administration by safeguarding its work from political interference, our colleague Erin Schumaker has previously reported.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

Someone just said on CNN, that people are going to only see snippets and tweets of tonight's convention.  And it will look "cool". Not to many will see the 1 hour rally speech. But gosh, I would have loved to see a 45 minute version of the speech and see what CNN would have said.