2 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Someone just said on CNN, that people are going to only see snippets and tweets of tonight's convention.  And it will look "cool". Not to many will see the 1 hour rally speech. But gosh, I would have loved to see a 45 minute version of the speech and see what CNN would have said.

What did Hulk Hogan look like?  And the guy from ultimate fighting?  They're appealing to the barbarian in all of us...Isn't that nice?

• Eyeroll 2

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Why?  It's stupid.  It's unfair and it wrongly weights your vote on which state you live in.  What's good about it?

I didn't watch but it seems it was booooooorring per this report

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2024/07/18/rnc-live-updates-coverage/trump-mentions-biden-00169702

Because a general vote would mean that cities control everything and rural voters are toast. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

What did Hulk Hogan look like?  And the guy from ultimate fighting?  They're appealing to the barbarian in all of us...Isn't that nice?

I am just saying what CNN said. 

Obviously though Hogan and Dana were hype men. It's not like they are going to be cabinet members.

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Something tells me the DNC won’t have the same flair as the RNC did. But maybe they will prove me wrong! 

I'm expecting political fireworks... Hell, Taylor Swift might even show.  No doubt there will be artists and hollywood people to entertain as well.  Wrestling vs art...strange choice but different strokes...

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

No, it would mean that the majority of the people control everything.  How is that bad?

Mob rule is a bad governance system. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

No, it would mean that the majority of the people control everything.  How is that bad?

Again, cities and metropolises would have all the sway.

What is good for cities isn't necessarily good for rural areas and vice versa. 

With the e.c, you actually have to win states. Yes its disappointing knowing that "you" state may not make a difference (and again my point about those counties) but I would rather have that then a majority. 

Just now, Chaos said:

Exactly, its all fun and games until that mob turns against you.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Define mob...people who live in cities?  people who don't look like you?

9 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I am just saying what CNN said. 

Obviously though Hogan and Dana were hype men. It's not like they are going to be cabinet members.

They are the image projected:  Tough, aggressive, violent, male.  Am I wrong?

• Eyeroll 2

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Define mob...people who live in cities?  people who don't look like you?

I cant speak for someone else, but "mob" to me is majority/leading vote getter. 

Again, that's dangerous. And then all heck breaks out. For example, lets vote and see how much money billionaires should give to everyone. 

Let's vote to see if I am allowed to have a dog or a cat.

Let's vote to see if all things in State "x" now belong to State "y". Sorry state "x" all of your resources now belong to state "y"

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

They are the image projected:  Tough, aggressive, violent, male.  Am I wrong?

It was two people who hyped up Donald Trump. 🤷‍♂️

I try not to read into projections (see below)

I can care less about Dana White. I dont watch UFC. UFC is boring to me. 

Hulk Hogan was my favorite wrestler growing up, so I enjoyed seeing him.

(I should add, he did everything I expected him to do, and thats ok, because it was for fun and hype, again I dont think HH will be Secretary of Defense)

Edited by letsgoteam
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Let's vote to see if I am allowed to have a dog or a cat.

Now that's just silly.  The only people that don't like dogs are delivery people.  I don't see the appeal of cats but would never vote to restrict their choice.  Some people have to deal with rodents.  A black rat snake here does a pretty good job but occasionally freaks me out - like yesterday.     seriously, collective thought has been repeatedly proven better than individual thought.  Our constitution protects us from mob rule by checks and balances.

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Now that's just silly.  The only people that don't like dogs are delivery people.  I don't see the appeal of cats but would never vote to restrict their choice.  Some people have to deal with rodents.  A black rat snake here does a pretty good job but occasionally freaks me out - like yesterday.     seriously, collective thought has been repeatedly proven better than individual thought.  Our constitution protects us from mob rule by checks and balances.

Which is why they created the E.C 😉

Edited by letsgoteam

3 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Which is why they created the E.C 😉

From the national archives:

Since the Electoral College process is part of the original design of the U.S. Constitution it would be necessary to pass a Constitutional amendment to change this system.

The ratification of the 12th Amendment, the expansion of voting rights, and the States’ use of the popular vote to determine who will be appointed as electors have each substantially changed the process.

They weren't always correct.  That's why we have amendments.

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

From the national archives:

Since the Electoral College process is part of the original design of the U.S. Constitution it would be necessary to pass a Constitutional amendment to change this system.

The ratification of the 12th Amendment, the expansion of voting rights, and the States’ use of the popular vote to determine who will be appointed as electors have each substantially changed the process.

They weren't always correct.  That's why we have amendments.

Agreed that's why they have amendments, but agree to disagree that they should amend against the E.C

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Something tells me the DNC won’t have the same flair as the RNC did. But maybe they will prove me wrong! 

They were dead in the water if Trump just shut up half way through his speech.  The second half reminded people on the fence of his major flaws as a candidate.  I'm guessing there's a renewed energy to what seemed to be a party already throwing in the towel.  The nominee can't be Biden though.

• Like (+1) 1