Conservative White Men

This is pretty powerful.  Not for the faint of heart.  I'm not sure how many people here would be interested in Popp's content, but his mission is save men from committing suicide through his content, not just military men.  Here is a link, it's age restricted though:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

So, how many white men on this board have Harry Carayed themselves?

A TikTok trend convinced me to attempt seppuku with a frisbee.

I'm much better now though...

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

So, how many white men on this board have Harry Carayed themselves

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

blockquote widget

Edited by yall
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Look at gun ownership of men vs women. 
Women now have higher graduation rates from college. 
Many men are falling behind women on career tracks. In the teens and twenties, young women are smarter than men. The tragic non-disease deaths at these ages almost always seem to be men doing stupid things. Young men are often dumb, and get into trouble with the law or get injured/die due to poor risk assessment. 

When my children were young, one of their teachers told us bluntly that public education was not designed with boys/young men in mind.  He had boys of his own, had been doing research for years to offset the challenges of the system.  I do not recall all the details, but it had to do with sitting for extended periods of time, the tendency for boys to learn through action v passive learning, and a general intolerance (unintentional but systemic) with that natural tendencies of young men. Bottom line, it worked well for girls/young women, less so for boys/young men. 

My humble observation is that was probably accurate.  When you consider 6-7 hours per day for 12 years in an environment that doesn’t suit your style of learning….

@Orlando Buffalo thoughts?  My conversations date back 15+ years ago. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Beast said:

What a pansy ass thread by a pansy ass poster.

Bo hoo 

8 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Look at gun ownership of men vs women. 
Women now have higher graduation rates from college. 
Many men are falling behind women on career tracks. In the teens and twenties, young women are smarter than men. The tragic non-disease deaths at these ages almost always seem to be men doing stupid things. Young men are often dumb, and get into trouble with the law or get injured/die due to poor risk assessment. 

Might explain why the anti-abortion crowd is so into banning abortions. They know it helps women control their own lives. Can't "keep them barefoot and pregnant" 

What a sick saying that is! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Weird burn there Tibs.  Really weird.  It's a combination of reasons that white men commit suicide at the highest rate.  The primary one being the stigma that men should be strong enough to handle things on their own and therefore are more reluctant to seek help.  More white men live in rural areas so you're more isolated.  There's less access to mental health and yes they're more likely to own a firearm.  

Just a reaction to them going after beautiful, lovely liberal white women. Turn around is fair play, right? 

And yes to the bolded. 

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

Hey, I'm trying to get MAGA to go on a long, serious hunger strike. Don't back down MAGA, you can see this through to the end! 

• Eyeroll 1

42 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

When my children were young, one of their teachers told us bluntly that public education was not designed with boys/young men in mind.  He had boys of his own, had been doing research for years to offset the challenges of the system.  I do not recall all the details, but it had to do with sitting for extended periods of time, the tendency for boys to learn through action v passive learning, and a general intolerance (unintentional but systemic) with that natural tendencies of young men. Bottom line, it worked well for girls/young women, less so for boys/young men. 

My humble observation is that was probably accurate.  When you consider 6-7 hours per day for 12 years in an environment that doesn’t suit your style of learning….

@Orlando Buffalo thoughts?  My conversations date back 15+ years ago. 

I overall agree, especially at the 1st-5th grade levels. I will state I teach generally well behaved kid who are usually 14/15 and even I have to be very specific when we do any activity that requires any moving around the room because some boys have issues without strict parameters. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

This isn't anything unique to the US or 'conservative white men.'  Worldwide,  suicide rates are far higher for men than women,  and many countries with non-white majorities have much higher rates than the US.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

But we live in the wealthiest country in the world with the most opportunities for people. Strange more men, unlike women, are not taking advantage of the unlimited potential this nation offers. So many immigrants are 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

But we live in the wealthiest country in the world with the most opportunities for people. Strange more men, unlike women, are not taking advantage of the unlimited potential this nation offers. So many immigrants are 

Strange more minorities aren’t taking advantage of the unlimited potential. They’d rather B word and moan about it, like pretty much all white liberal men. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I overall agree, especially at the 1st-5th grade levels. I will state I teach generally well behaved kid who are usually 14/15 and even I have to be very specific when we do any activity that requires any moving around the room because some boys have issues without strict parameters. 

Not the girls? 

2 minutes ago, Westside said:

Strange more minorities aren’t taking advantage of the unlimited potential. They’d rather B word and moan about it, like pretty much all white liberal men. 

Two sides to the same coin, maybe. People not wanting to leave their cultural bubble to succeed in larger world. 

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Not the girls? 

Two sides to the same coin, maybe. People not wanting to leave their cultural bubble to succeed in larger world. 

Then why move to another country (illegally) if they don’t want to assimilate? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Not the girls? 

I have not had a single girl cause me problems like my 20 worst behaved boys in that way. I do not mean all the boys are problems, 80% boys when given clear directions follow them well but  boy issues are different than girls issues.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Westside said:

Then why move to another country (illegally) if they don’t want to assimilate? 

Jobs...and who says that don't 2,4,6,8 assimilate? Their kids play football, baseball and soccer. Right @Orlando Buffalo ? And work at Wegmans and other places 

Why demonize immigrants? 

Just now, Orlando Buffalo said:

I have not had a single girl cause me problems like my 20 worst behaved boys in that way. I do not mean all the boys are problems, 80% boys when given clear directions follow them well but  boy issues are different than girls issues.

Ever have a class that was mostly girls or mostly boys? They can all be bad! From my experience anyway. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's not strange.  It's the same everywhere.  As an example,  the ratio of suicides between males and females was exactly the same in Germany and France in the data I posted as the United States.  The UK and Australia are only slightly lower.  Those are wealthy western countries.  The US,  in fact,  ranks 97th by that measure,  so many,  many countries have a much higher disparity. 

There are many reasons for it.  Men, generally, are punished by society for displaying anything that can be construed as weakness.  Society doesn't support them when they struggle.  Sure,  it's great for the top 10-20% in wealthy societies,  but for the average man,  life can be a difficult,  thankless and sometimes hopeless existence.  

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

So you have professional experience and see a difference between boys and girls?  That is blasphemy to the Left!  The Left told me that boys and girls are not only the same, but boys can be girls and girls can be boys.  

• Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Jobs...and who says that don't 2,4,6,8 assimilate? Their kids play football, baseball and soccer. Right @Orlando Buffalo ? And work at Wegmans and other places 

Why demonize immigrants? 

Why are you insulting my neighbors and friends by comparing them to people who come here illegally? My neighbor's have to spend thousands to get paperwork filed because the federal government is incompetent while your side praised those who benefit from the incompetent. 

Edited by Orlando Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 2