Conservative White Men

I see there is a long thread hating on white women, but liberal white women as a whole seem to be doing better than sick Conservative white men 

Highest suicide rate

The age-adjusted suicide rate in 2022 was 14.21 per 100,000 individuals.

In 2022, men died by suicide 3.85 times more than women.

White males accounted for 68.46% of suicide deaths in 2022.

In 2022, firearms accounted for 54.64% of all suicide deaths.

highest rate of smoking

Guess which demographic has the highest overdose death rate

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Any theories as to why white men may be committing suicide at higher rates, Tibs?

Toxic masculinity plays a role 

3 minutes ago, yall said:

Imagine a thread that was effectively celebrating the high suicide rate of literally any other demographic.

What, like a liberal white women thread? 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

I think you better dive deeper into your stats.  I'm guessing the higher suicide rate among white males are military men.  The suicide rate of military men is under reported.  It's nothing to laugh at or make fun of with your stupid post.  Do some research into the numbers.  "toxic masculinity"?  Your'e such a joke (aka a**hole).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

The last time you tried to pull this you defined toxic masculinity as binge drinking. That was incredibly lame. Tell us what you think toxic masculinity is.

It's just being stupid to act tough. 

But since you brought up alcoholism, yes, I'll bet those White Male suicides are very much tied in many cases to alcoholism

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's just being stupid to act tough. 

But since you brought up alcoholism, yes, I'll bet those White Male suicides are very much tied in many cases to alcoholism

Being stupid to act tough = toxic masculinity = increased suicide is your argument. As your former crush would say “c’mon man”. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

Being stupid to act tough = toxic masculinity = increased suicide is your argument. As your former crush would say “c’mon man”. 

Why do you think so many white men are shooting themselves with their cool guns? 

Look at gun ownership of men vs women. 
Women now have higher graduation rates from college. 
Many men are falling behind women on career tracks. In the teens and twenties, young women are smarter than men. The tragic non-disease deaths at these ages almost always seem to be men doing stupid things. Young men are often dumb, and get into trouble with the law or get injured/die due to poor risk assessment. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I see there is a long thread hating on white women, but liberal white women as a whole seem to be doing better than sick Conservative white men 

Highest suicide rate

The age-adjusted suicide rate in 2022 was 14.21 per 100,000 individuals.

In 2022, men died by suicide 3.85 times more than women.

White males accounted for 68.46% of suicide deaths in 2022.

In 2022, firearms accounted for 54.64% of all suicide deaths.

highest rate of smoking

Guess which demographic has the highest overdose death rate

WTF?

Are these men liberals?  Conservatives?  

Where are the conservatives of Tik Tok videos I was expecting when I opened this?

• Like (+1) 1

Weird burn there Tibs.  Really weird.  It's a combination of reasons that white men commit suicide at the highest rate.  The primary one being the stigma that men should be strong enough to handle things on their own and therefore are more reluctant to seek help.  More white men live in rural areas so you're more isolated.  There's less access to mental health and yes they're more likely to own a firearm.  

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1