Dolphins TE Jonnu Smith slams Buffalo lol

16 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

The worst part of tennis league is the awful social hour with terrible food afterwards.  I had to quit. 

I think all towns can be enjoyed to some degree.  Except Gary.  I also really disliked Kansas City.  Talk about a dead town.  Although some dude was playing Miles on the sidewalk on his horn.  He was the best part of that trip. 

Social hour with terrible food? We were in different leagues, apparently. We had 14 courts of doubles with lights  (21 Har-Tru courts total, plus the hard courts), and the top few courts had former college (and even professional) players. The food afterward came out of a tap, and we poured it from a pitcher. Then I’d go home and float on a raft in the pool watching the clouds past the moon…..and it was one of the best times of my life. 

To each their own. Those were great times, times that I miss. 

Side note: Nick from Gary, IN mentioned to me once “I know you’re probably a bit nervous about Tom and Chris (Tom had a full ride to Univ of FL, and Chris was his tournament doubles partner who lived in my neighborhood and filled in when they had someone fall out from the pro exhibitions). He said “the tall guy is your 4th, and I sat in his family room and watched video of him playing Connors and Lendl at the US Open.” 

Some people would pay a lot more than the league fee to have that experience, and that would include me. 

Sorry, long ramble over good times is over. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol...a bit dramatic don't you think.  

One, do you really expect Jonnu to see "this attention" lol.  

Two, you really think Jonnu said this hoping to get attention on a message board he doesn't read?  lol.

Third,  how do you not know who Jonnu Smith is?  Lol

...and you think what I wrote was dramatic? I guess I bit on the trap and gave you the attention you were seeking.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don’t know. Stuff like this doesn’t bother me. Buffalo definitely isn’t for everyone, and that’s fine. As someone who’s lived in a few different states and spent a good amount of time in a handful more, I willingly chose to move back to WNY. I like it here. Would it be my first choice if I had the freedom (money) to live anywhere? Probably not. lol 

Buffalo is never going to be a glamorous off-field destination. But that’s not necessarily the worst thing either. Anyone who chooses to come here is doing it because they prioritize playing football and winning (now that Buffalo’s a perennial playoff contender). We don’t have to worry about players signing here who are doing it just as much for the nightlife and social/party scene. 

I always love this stuff.  

What could possibly be the upside of saying negative stuff about your teams rival city/fans?

8 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Utica says hi. 

Hey watch it.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I would NEVER want to live in, near or around Miami...Or Florida for that matter

Hey, I resemble that comment 

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I’ll see your “Talkin’ Proud” and raise you a “We’re Going To Win That Cup”!!!

This is … uhhh… almost …. Unwatchable 

18 minutes ago, Ponch said:

That sir, is sheer poetic brilliance 

lol it's ma'am but Im only mentioning it because it is pretty well known Im female 🙂 thanks man

9 minutes ago, muppy said:

lol it's ma'am but Im only mentioning it because it is pretty well known Im female 🙂 thanks man

I apologize ma’am as I am an ignoramus 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Ask Pats fans how they feel about this guy after giving him four years 50 million.

Wasn’t this guy and Hunter Henry supposed to be the next Gronk / Hernandez or something? 😂 

Seriously, and I mean this…..***** the Miami Dolphins, their players, their fans…the absolute most pansy franchise in all of sports! Our fans will go to Miami this fall and kick the Fish’s ass…..and the Fish will come up here later and the Bills will win again. BIG!

The Miami Dolphins…..pansy ass all the way around. Bunch of *****’s.

Edited by Beast