Dolphins TE Jonnu Smith slams Buffalo lol

South Florida is a cess pool of rampant druggie life, mass mental health issues, dilapidated housing, and homeless populations.  The traffic is insane and the heat and humidity will roast you.  Of course, they have nice beaches.

It's definitely not the best place to be.  That's the irony.

Just more bulletin board material.

Edited by Blackbeard
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Who? 

This coming from a player that's averaged 31 catches for about 350 yards and 3 TDs/season.  

Oh, and he's on his fourth team in 8 seasons and played at FIU.  

Dude should leave the state every now and again.  He should also be a little careful, his contract isn't of the variety that prevents him from being cut.  

Good luck trying to sell the nation on the notion that Buffalo doesnt have good Wings.  That's like trying to convince people that South Beach is chock full of and dominated by heterosexuals.  

10 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Isn't someone supposed to suggest donating to his preferred charity now?

The "A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste" fund.  

He's the poster boy.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Haha (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Must be why he always plays like he just wants to get on the bus and go home against the Bills.

He's probably being like an ostrich, sticking his head in the sand pretending that the Bills aren't there.  

Two losses a season since 2019 if we don't count that ridiculous heat game in which we outplayed them anyway.  

That's gotta leave a mark.  

Once he becomes somebody I'll let this bother me, until then, nah.

Me thinks he got tired of losing two games a year to the Bills as a patriot, and now he has gone to another team that loses two games a year to the Bills. I can see why he's so salty.

28 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Isn't someone supposed to suggest donating to his preferred charity now?

He was talking about his charity before he made his comments.  Likely, he's trying to rile up the Bills fan base so they start donating!  You hit the nail on the head!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, chongli said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolphins-tight-end-trashes-city-of-buffalo-bills-fans-and-even-the-citys-well-known-delicacy/

"That's why their fans be behaving so (bad), because they wanna be down here," Smith recently said on "The Dive Bar Podcast." 

Smith, who played in Buffalo three times over a two-year span during his two years with the Patriots (2021-22), didn't hold back while offering his thoughts about Buffalo. Along with ripping the city, Jones took a shot at a Buffalo delicacy. 

"That's got to be the worst place you can be in the world," he said. "And the Buffalo wings ain't even good. I'm throwing all types of shots at Buffalo." 

Well, I'm sure looking forward to a great Hurricaine Season. Bring on those tropical depressions, Insurance for real estate in Miami should be about double your mortgage in the next couple of years.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

9 receptions for 115 yards and two touchdowns in 7 career games against Buffalo

1.2 catches per game

16.4 yards per game

.28 TDs per game

Very ranch

I was going to post something similar. He hates Buffalo because he gets owned every time he plays against the Bills.

His time in NE was a net positive for Buffalo. He tied up $50 million in cap space over his time there and produced like a 4th tier TE.

• Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

9 receptions for 115 yards and two touchdowns in 7 career games against Buffalo

1.2 catches per game

16.4 yards per game

.28 TDs per game

Very ranch

Those are disastrous.  Definitely worth contributing to his charity over...

1 hour ago, boyst said:

they bring up TacoMac?  A franchise place... wtf.

who are these clowns? 

Actually the original Taco Mac, when it was owned by a couple from Buffalo, was great.  It was in the Virginia Highlands part of Atlanta, right near my first home here.  Now it's just another franchise place.  Oh well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I would NEVER want to live in, near or around Miami...Or Florida for that matter

Right?   I cannot understand their fans' bashing Buffalo and how horrible it is compared to Florida.

I was in the Lakeland area over Halloween time.  What a cess pool of dirtballs and grunginess.  Just scuzzy.  Lotta very low class people residing there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Once he becomes somebody I'll let this bother me, until then, nah.

Me thinks he got tired of losing two games a year to the Bills as a patriot, and now he has gone to another team that loses two games a year to the Bills. I can see why he's so salty.

As a 65-year old guy, I don't care what some 28-year old kid thinks of my hometown - or any other city.  Even if he was an All Pro, there is no reason why I should care.

Except that I want good football players to like Buffalo because I want our stars to stay in Buffalo and FAs from other teams to put Buffalo on the top of their wish list.  This exception doesn't apply to Smith.

• Like (+1) 2

He's played against Buffalo 7 times in his career.   He's averaged 1 catch for 19 yards in those 7 games.   His teams have lost 5 of those 7 games.  I'd hate Buffalo if I were him too. 

I'd dislike him more if he hadnt stole over 30 million dollars from the Patriots and Dolphins in his career.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1