Big Boy Press Conference Day

10 hours ago, 4th&long said:

Obviously the folder was put there beforehand. That is not uncommon. I’ve done public speaking and put my notes up there before hand.

I’m not watching but this is not on Joe, it is on his family and whoever else keeps putting him out there. 

That’s silly.  This is 100% on Joe.  He’s not in the full throes of dementia—-he certainly knows how much he has failed.  He knows his mind has failed him, that he gets confused and turned around easily.  He knows he’s failed physically.  He simply doesn’t care. 

Insisting he’s the right person to lead the world indicates a deep-seated arrogance that is off the charts.  Yes, his inner circle enables him, but before that can happen, it all starts with him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

A couple flubs of the minor sort.

A bit mumbly. Boring.

Generally perfectly o.k. in a "meets [pre-debate] expectations" way. If he'd done this 2 weeks ago we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I like the phrase “generally perfectly”. I will never use it myself but it seems generally perfectly ok coming from you.

Dammit. I just used it. 

Please tell us what you meant by “he’s aged out of the public part of the job” and how that might square with your assessment of generally perfectly. 

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

A couple flubs of the minor sort.

A bit mumbly. Boring.

Generally perfectly o.k. in a "meets [pre-debate] expectations" way. If he'd done this 2 weeks ago we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Well, you wouldn’t be having the conversation. That’s what got you here.  Maybe you should talk to different people?

• Eyeroll 1

It's almost as if the collective PPP useful idiot quotient must remain constant. Billstime gone? The collective must take up the slack. Finding definitely doing its part.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

It's almost as if the collective PPP useful idiot quotient must remain constant. Billstime gone? The collective must take up the slack. Finding definitely doing its part.

I totally forgot about that moron @BillStime and her four other screen names.  What a mess.  

• Like (+1) 1

That was no better than the debate.  "President Putin"?  "Vice President Trump"?  Oof!

Not that the press conference would have changed anything.  The debate was deadly.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

How many people actually watched it compared to the debate though?  Also, the three major slip us will make headlines.  I don't know if this changes anybody's mind on either side of the fence.

Blue MAGA is insufferable right now, so it.. at the very least.. gave them some ammo to fight back with. 

Foreign policy under this man has been an absolute disaster, but hey.. he can speak somewhat eloquently (low bar) on geopolitics so I guess another 4 years of this is fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

Biden Strikes Defiant Tone in Bumbling Press Conference with Political Future at Stake

by James Lynch

President Joe Biden struck a defiant tone during what was perhaps the most consequential press conference of his political career, insisting that he is the best candidate to take on Donald Trump in November, even as he stumbled through several answers. Biden read prepared remarks off a teleprompter and answered questions from a pre-selected list of reporters Thursday night at NATO’s 75th anniversary summit, addressing a range of subjects including the history of NATO, Russia’s war against Ukraine, inflation, and Israel’s war against Hamas. The embattled president showed signs of his age throughout the event

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/biden-strikes-defiant-tone-in-bumbling-press-conference-with-political-future-at-stake/

• Thank you (+1) 1

I forgot about the random yelling.  Maybe Biden was cryogenically frozen?

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4