How much each NFL team sold for

Gregg

What's crazy is that players are now getting contracts for more than entire franchises sold for in the 90's. Mahomes is at $450 million. Herbert, Jackson, and Allen are about $260 million.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

That’s cool! So apparently an AFL franchise was $25,000 back at the outset. Not too shabby. Now….you can rent a single seat in the new stadium for that. 

Imagine the ROI on that investment...KC would probably be north of $5 Billion today on the market. 

Actually just calculated it...if the Chiefs were sold for $5 Billion, it would be a 19,999,900% return on investment. Beats the stock market any day. 

Edited by Big Turk

Remember when people told Terry Pegula he couldn’t make any money if he overpaid for the Bills at $1.4 Billion? He famously said something like “if I was trying to make money, I’d drill another oil well”, but I think this will turn out pretty OK for him and the generations to follow. 

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Those capital gains taxes when they finally sell the Bears, Giants, or Steelers 🤯

That’s a big part of why some families are selling off a portion of ownership now, and not just in the NFL. There are some SERIOUS and COMPLICATED estate planning issues to be considered. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Augie said:

That’s a big part of why some families are selling off a portion of ownership now, and not just in the NFL. There are some SERIOUS and COMPLICATED estate planning issues to be considered. 

You almost say it as if you feel sorry for them.  

8 hours ago, Capco said:

You almost say it as if you feel sorry for them.  

No, it’s just very complicated stuff, and the cost of not finding an optimal solution can be enormous. 

For the record, I don’t have any ill will toward them because they are billionaires. Good for them! I wouldn’t mind joining the club, as a matter of fact. However, money is far from everything. They have bigger bank accounts, but they are just people with more complicated pleasures and problems. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

I bought my car for 50 bucks, probably worth 60 now

53 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

More like $30.

How much do you think the cinder blocks it sits on would get you? Gotta be something, right? 

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, billsfanfrom83 said:

Lions go for 5 million in 1964 two years later in 66 raiders sell for 180 thousand 😆 

Shows the difference between the leagues back then. The AFL was a new league versus the established NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

The Vikes for $600m in 2005 seems like a bargain compared to some of the other deals.

I really hope my cousin can finish that flux capacitor he's been working on - we'll travel back to the 1920s and 1930s and buy every NFL team we can.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

The Vikes for $600m in 2005 seems like a bargain compared to some of the other deals.

I really hope my cousin can finish that flux capacitor he's been working on - we'll travel back to the 1920s and 1930s and buy every NFL team we can.

Watch out for that whole stock market thing…..oh, and prohibition!  🍺

Can I just stay here and be your heir? 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.