The famous Pumpkin game. 1988 Bills at Jets

Gregg

On 7/12/2024 at 7:24 AM, Bill from NYC said:

What I left out was that the weather was exceptionally warm for a halloween, and people started tailgating early in the afternoon for a Monday Night Game. I knew before the game even started that a very high percentage of the stadium was heavily intoxicated. A Bills fan was punched out a few rows down from me and ran up the stairway aisle. Before he got to the top he was attacked by another Jet Fan. 

Again, I was NOT wearing Bills gear and to this day I will never, not ever wear an opposing team logo to any sporting event. I wish good luck to those who do but it is quite the risk imo. I went to the Alabama/Arkansas game in Tuscaloosa in 2023. There were some fans with Arkansas T-shirts. TYo my surprise, nobody bothered them (that I witnessed) and Crimson Tide Fans are insane. I guess one never knows but many Jet Fans at The Pumpkin Game were behaving like criminals.

Can't say i blame you after that.  I wore a bills jersey (albeit a white one) to KC and nobody really gave me any trouble.  Lots of 13 seconds ribbing, but we won so I suppose I got the last laugh.