Joe Marino's Bills "Mt Rushmore"

27 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

He was just an excellent football player.  Not HOF excellent.  But got the most out of his abilities.  Seemed like a good guy.  Just super solid.  Wish we had never let him go.  

I also loved Terrance McGhee.  Another super solid NFL player.  Got the most out of his ability.  Good team guy.  Great kick returner.  You just have to love guys who just bring their best week in and week out.  

Also really enjoyed McGee. I don't think it's a stretch to say he has the greatest kickoff return in NFL history that didn't result in a TD. The end of that play was a microcosm of the era.  

7 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Also really enjoyed McGee. I don't think it's a stretch to say he has the greatest kickoff return in NFL history that didn't result in a TD. The end of that play was a microcosm of the era.  

I remember that now that you sent the video.  Great return.  Too bad the superdome turf ate him up inside the 10.  

What year was that?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Long time ago.  Mike Malarkey era.  That was a lousy year coming off the last game of the 2004 season losing to the backup Steelers at home when a win got us in the playoffs.  I hated those uniforms too.

3 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Long time ago.  Mike Malarkey era.  That was a lousy year coming off the last game of the 2004 season losing to the backup Steelers at home when a win got us in the playoffs.  I hated those uniforms too.

The Willie Parker game was a different type of depressing. Harrison was among those back ups as well. That 2004 year was a lot of fun up until that game. 

We’ve ignored special teams:

Non-kickers: 

Tasker, McGee, Pike, Neal

Kickers:

Christie, Gogolak, Lindell, Mike-Meyer

Punters:  

Moorman, Macguire, Mohr, Kidd

Edited by oldmanfan

14 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

We’ve ignored special teams:

Non-kickers: 

Tasker, McGee, Pike, Neal

Kickers:

Christie, Gogolak, Lindell, Mike-Meyer

Punters:  

Moorman, Macguire, Mohr, Kidd

Charley Warner? Three kickoffs returned for TDs, 1964 - 1966

15 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Charley Warner? Three kickoffs returned for TDs, 1964 - 1966

That's a good one!  Had forgot all about Charlie!  Could throw Butch Byrd in there to for his punt returns.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

That's a good one!  Had forgot all about Charlie!  Could throw Butch Byrd in there to for his punt returns.

Bryd had the big return in the 1965 Championship game, also a PIC TD and PR against Miami in 1966, he should be on the Bills WOF! Also Charley is unique in that he also had a PIC TD and a TD reception in those years, played offense and defense.

On 7/15/2024 at 8:20 PM, Mikie2times said:

The Willie Parker game was a different type of depressing. Harrison was among those back ups as well. That 2004 year was a lot of fun up until that game. 

The Willie Parker game.  His name had escaped me until now.  Yes we went on a 6 game run, going from 3-6 to 9-6.  I remember beating Seattle during that run on a trick play to Willis McGhahee. 

I was skiing with my kids in Colorado.  I think it was Christmas vacation time.  We get home the night of the Steelers game, which I had recorded.  And then watched in horror as we played awful.  I remember a bad Bledsoe pick.  And a missed Ryan Lindell FG from 29 yards.  And Willie Parker going off.  That entire era was mostly bleak.  But I never missed watching a game.  In fact the last game I missed was the season finale in 1994 when we were already eliminated from playoff contention.  Lets go Buffalo.